[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.19

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

its possible I have a different version (nc_custom_hud_v1.19.pk3) because I don't have the ammo counts or level stats. Here's a screenshot.
Spoiler:
It's possible this could be because either my monitor is not 16:9 or version mismatch. I made sure to pick up a credit (as seen in above message) but the credits counter is still not there.

EDIT: Mispelled the pk3 file in the batch file <_< will try again

Yup, works now, though I'm curious why my hud doesn't look the same as yours.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:its possible I have a different version (nc_custom_hud_v1.19.pk3) because I don't have the ammo counts or level stats. Here's a screenshot.
The reason for that is simple: those two displays are optional, which can be toggled on and off (they're off, by default). Refer to the readme.txt file for information on how to toggle them.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

okay, I got it, thanks!

I tried making my own patch for Smooth Doom and I have the weapons working properly (not the Doom64 weapons yet) but the player's mug shrinks sometimes. I assume its because it has more frames and includes a blinking frame (which seems to be when it shrinks) but when its on the default mug frames, it goes back to its original size. I haven't tested the "gib face" yet. Do I need to import graphics from Smooth Doom into the patch? If so, is there a way I can modify the player's mug or is that something a little too advanced at this point?

Smooth Doom: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45550.

EDIT AGAIN: I looked into the sbarinfo for Smooth Doom and apparently a lot was modifed, so I may leave it untouched and do the extras for DRPG for now. If all goes well, I may be able to give you that patch if I'm allowed to.

So far, everything's fine except something in the Doom RPG menu with my patch, but thats nothing I can fix.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:I tried making my own patch for Smooth Doom and I have the weapons working properly (not the Doom64 weapons yet) but the player's mug shrinks sometimes. I assume its because it has more frames and includes a blinking frame (which seems to be when it shrinks) but when its on the default mug frames, it goes back to its original size. I haven't tested the "gib face" yet. Do I need to import graphics from Smooth Doom into the patch? If so, is there a way I can modify the player's mug or is that something a little too advanced at this point?
The HUD scales the mugshot frames up, because otherwise the mugshot will be too small for 800 x 600 resolution or higher. So you're going to have to do the same for the extra frames added by Smooth Doom. And no, you don't need to import the actual graphics into the patch, just use [wiki]TEXTURES[/wiki] to scale them up -- that's how I'm doing it for the original mugshot frames.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

A minor update for the Doom RPG patch: Doom RPG no longer displays the aura timer through SBARINFO. Thus, the aura timer's code has been removed from the patch.
Blue Shadow

Re: [WIP] NC HUD v1.20

Post by Blue Shadow »

HUD is updated, though it's solely a Doom RPG patch-related update.
Mayhem666

Post by Mayhem666 »

Haha, that's also what i did when i customized the hud myself for a mod, about the icon, y've added the real icon of the ammos on the hud.

But i think my version is now really out dated cuzz it was when 1.13/14 came out i think
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Cool, another release of this cool HUD! :rock: :yup:

Thanks a lot Blue Shadow! :thumb:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Doom RPG patch updated:
  • Removed the powerups display, since Doom RPG handles displaying them through ACS, now.
Coincident

Post by Coincident »

I've been using this hud for brutal and vanilla doom, and it rocks! :)
I would really love to see it working for smooth doom.
mamaluigisbagel wrote:I tried making my own patch for Smooth Doom but the player's mug shrinks sometimes. I assume its because it has more frames and includes a blinking frame (which seems to be when it shrinks) but when its on the default mug frames, it goes back to its original size. I haven't tested the "gib face" yet. Do I need to import graphics from Smooth Doom into the patch? If so, is there a way I can modify the player's mug or is that something a little too advanced at this point?
I've tried vanilla NCHud + Smooth Doom, and also got this problem.
Did anyone manage to fix it so far?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

You need to scale the new mugshot frames up. I'd recommend using [wiki]TEXTURES[/wiki] for that. The HUD uses this lump to apply the scaling to the original frames.
Coincident

Post by Coincident »

Blue Shadow wrote:You need to scale the new mugshot frames up. I'd recommend using [wiki]TEXTURES[/wiki] for that. The HUD uses this lump to apply the scaling to the original frames.
Thanks.
Well, that was a nice newbie task for my first try on SLADE :lol:
I got the mugshots fixed, but soon realized the ammo count and level stats were not working either, which mamaluigisbagel was patching.
I guess I'll wait for his patch to get it on Smooth Doom.

PS - About the gib-face: I also scaled those graphics in the textures, but it didn't work.
Something else might be missing... it seems like the hud always uses the same graphics upon death, which overwrites Smooth Doom's graphics (wild guess).

PS2 - BTSX hud has Smooth Doom support, but I noticed it also does not display the gib-face.

PS3 - Might be worth checking the end of the SBARINFO file from SmoothDoom.pk3, and search for: mugshot "xdeath"
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Coincident wrote:the ammo count and level stats were not working either
How so?
About the gib-face: I also scaled those graphics in the textures, but it didn't work.
Could you send me your patch/work so I can investigate this? I'm kind of a little too lazy to create a working patch for Smooth Doom, at the moment.
Spoiler:
Coincident

Post by Coincident »

Blue Shadow wrote:How so?
Sorry I got it wrong - the lvl stats are working.
The only 2 issues are: the current weapon ammo is not showing, and SmoothDoom's xdeath gib-face animation is not being used on death.
Blue Shadow wrote:Could you send me your patch/work so I can investigate this? I'm kind of a little too lazy to create a working patch for Smooth Doom, at the moment.
It's in the attachments; it's is basically your HUD + a dozen more Smooth Doom Sprites scaled up in the textures.txt, I didn't change any other files.
Attachments
nc_custom_hud_v1.20_SD.pk3
(65.28 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Coincident wrote:The only 2 issues are: the current weapon ammo is not showing, and SmoothDoom's xdeath gib-face animation is not being used on death.
For the gib face, locate the [wiki]DrawMugShot[/wiki] command in sbarinfo.txt (it's at the top) and and add the xdeathface flag to it.

As for the weapon's ammo, Smooth Doom doesn't use the original weapons, so you need to do some extra work. See the patch creating guide that is bundled with the HUD for the needed info.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”