- The HUD requires ZDoom 2.7.0+ or GZDoom 1.8.0+ to run.
- It does not work with Zandronum or Skulltag (in case of the latter, it never will be), as they do not have the necessary features.
- It will only work out-of-the-box with projects that do not alter the player's arsenal. Modification of the HUD is necessary if you want custom weapons and ammo to work with it.
- And for Brutal Doom and Samsara gameplay mods followers; there is a version of the HUD that is modified specifically to work with those two mods. It is made by Blackfish, which you can find here (as of this post, the download link is currently down on that page. See here for a re-upload).
Additional Patch-related Notes:
- Do not request patches; except for the Brutal Doom patch, the ones I will be making are only for mods that I'm interested in.
- The patches above assume that you are using unmodified version of the respective mods. Typically, the patches should work with modified versions of the mods as long as the class names of the weapons and their associated ammo types are left untouched.
- The main HUD is required for the patch to work. Make sure it is loaded before the patch file, and after any other mods.
- Brutal Doom patch notes:
- The patch was tested with brutal19. There are no guarantees that it will work with older versions.
- The patch is only meant to be used with "vanilla" Brutal Doom. So, if you use an add-on or a mutator of some sort, and it turns out that it does not work, do not come to me and complain about it. I have absolutely no intention of supporting these add-ons and mutators.
- As with the main HUD, the patch should only be used with the latest ZDoom or GZDoom versions. This is not for Zandronum. And before you ask - no, there will not be a Zandronum patch (see the "Important Notes" section above as to why).
What's new/changed in this version:
- Tweaked the color of the blue bar slightly.
- Tweaked the blue font color used for the health and armor counters when over hundred.
- Vanilla (v1.17):
- Accessories to Murder (v1.13):
- Brutal Doom (v1.14):
- The air supply display is now drawn dimmed when the player is not currently underwater.
- Replaced the HUD's name and version number with a bar display of the player's air supply. Not useful for vanilla maps, but it is still more useful than what it is currently replacing.
- Removed the HUD's menu options; this is to avoid potential conflict with ZDoom itself and other mods. (See the readme.txt file for information on how to change the options now)
- Implemented some code so that weapons using AmmoType1 as reserve ammo and AmmoType2 as "clip" ammo are shown correctly in the dual-ammo display.
- Updated Accessories to Murder's patch's base code to v1.14.
- Added a patch for Brutal Doom.
- The reserve ammo type(s) associated with the currently equipped weapon is shown "highlighted", while the rest of the types are dimmed (this was meant to be part of v1.12, but I ran into a little block when trying to implement it then).
- Weapons slots are specified through ACS, now, which means no SBARINFO-work is needed in that regard.
- Extended the all-ammo and current ammo displays so their counters can go up to 4 digits in size.
- Reworked the dual ammo display a little.
- Made custom colors for use with HUDFONT2_DOOM and NC_SMALLFONT fonts.
- Gave the HUD version display some translucency.
- Set the HUD version to be retrieved from the LANGUAGE lump.
- Removed some redundant graphics and color definitions.
- The HUD's version number is displayed in place of the player's name.
- Added a background for the individual keys in the key bar.
- The HUD's version is part of the HUD now. It is displayed centered at the top of the screen.
- Replaced the old method of defining custom console variables with the new, CVARINFO one. With this, the end-user doesn't need to do anything regarding the CVARs and their "initialization", anymore. The engine will take care of that now.
- The test pistol is no longer selectable through normal means if you happen to have it. (See the decorate.txt file for more info)
- Keys are now displayed centered at the bottom of the screen, and in their old place the player's name is displayed.
- Moved the inventory bar up a little.
- Added custom inventory bar arrows graphics.
- Added a section in the readme.txt file about HUD scaling.
- All-ammo display counters don't change color anymore, and thus modders don't need to do much work when adding new ammo types to work with the HUD.
- Changed the way the "selected weapon's ammo" display works, resulting in a less hassle when incorporating new weapons and their ammunition.
- Changed the graphic of the inventory selector.
- When the health bar is yellow, the bar frame glows yellow, as well.
- All-ammo display backgrounds are now of the same style as the tally backgrounds.
- Added a Readme.txt file explaining how to make new weapons work with the HUD, and also explaining the HUD menu (make sure to read the file).
- The HUD version is logged in the console.
- Back-ported most of the changes that went into the Doom Expanded's version of the HUD.
- Added support for dual-ammo-using weapons.
- Added a bar overlay for health and armor bars when going above hundred.
- Level stats and reserve ammo displays are now toggleable from a newly added "NC HUD" options menu (See below for more info).
- All-ammo-types display is now being drawn at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Merged the current ammo and arms displays together.
- Armor bar frame no longer continues to glow/flash when player's armor is 0. Instead, the whole display is drawn with some translucency.
- Keys icons are drawn with alpha translucency.
- The HUD is toggle-free now.
- Added: An all-ammo-type display, however, to be actually displayed, a keybind has to be pressed and held ("A" by default) (experimental).
- Added: A "low ammo" indicator (current ammo display only) just like the armor one.
- Added: Ammo icons for the different ammo types.
- The arms display has been 'merged' with all-ammo-type display.