Pirate Doom! - House of Mojo 06/05/14

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Arch

Re: [WIP] Pirate Doom!

Post by Arch »

Well Jabberwock agreed in lending his ultra-cool CyberPirate to the mod:

The animations and angles ae not done yet, but he said he´ll try. There´s a lot of detail so this should take a while. No problem because I don´t think it should appear in the first maps anyway. He also offered to make some sprites, which is very nice since I can´t draw a thing.

Yesterday I did the Doomguy face: Image

The eyepatch is finished in all frames, but I think adding an old-fashioned moustache will be fun.

I had some ideas for other monsters:
Image Image Image

I really don´t know what to do with the Cacodemon! Sugestions? Also, I am still looking for Circus textures, if anyone got a clue...
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Arch wrote:I really don´t know what to do with the Cacodemon! Sugestions?
Put a parrot perched on a horn?
[EDIT] As to circus textures, these are from Interstate '82.
a_factt2.png
Clebardman

Post by Clebardman »

i'm slowly working on a caco edit, mixing it with a parrot. except the eye, it's mostly a from-cratch job, so i'll try to send you a preview soon :p.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Give the cacodemon an eye patch and have it float around and fire projectiles randomly.

Also, this is really cool stuff. :)
NickPerrin

Post by NickPerrin »

This is pretty sweet. I like the vibe and the monster changes have me cracking up.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

We need a 'Treasure Cove' cave level..........
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Xaser wrote:Give the cacodemon an eye patch and have it float around and fire projectiles randomly.
Oh dear... this was my first thought too. It'd appear insanity is contagious.

And if Lost Souls don't come with cross-bones, I'll be very upset :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Just played through this now and I really like it :) It's entertaining and very well done, feels like a perfect mix of Doom and MI :) Do you plan to add even more maps?
Clebardman

Post by Clebardman »

okay, i CAN'T get what i had in mind for the cacodemon right. i just can't get a decent feathery look :/
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

After Hpack and my own DooM mod, Pirate doom can be the next big thing... more assets, etc! YARG ME MATE!!!!
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Put a "bandana" at the caco, just like the shotgunguy.
Arch

Post by Arch »

Could be nice Ravick, I tried the bandana in the lostsoul, Pirates of Caribean style, I think that´s gonna work.
Tormentor667 wrote:Just played through this now and I really like it :) It's entertaining and very well done, feels like a perfect mix of Doom and MI :) Do you plan to add even more maps?
Thank you! Yes there´ll be more maps, today I started the 3rd map, I´ll take Shadesmaster´s suggestion and do the Treasure Cove. If you want to contribute with a map you´re welcome, I can send you the texture resource. I think it would be nice to release it with at least ten maps.
LilWhiteMouse wrote: As to circus textures, these are from Interstate '82.
Thank you very much! I can´t think of a decent gameplay for a Circus right now, but I still want a Circus level in this mod.
Clebardman wrote:okay, i CAN'T get what i had in mind for the cacodemon right. i just can't get a decent feathery look :/
That´s a pity :lol:. But if you have other ideas, bring them. Maybe a little sailor hat with an anchor would be nice? Or it would make it look like a jokewad?
Clebardman

Post by Clebardman »

well ideas for the caco :
-as xaser said, an eyepatched caco firing randomly would be really fun :p. but poor caco would need to be super aggressive and have a faster projectile to pose some threat by itself (never understood why those giant meatballs were so weak in doom in the first place, they are basically floating, easier to hit imps)
, because it wouldn't work well with other monsters.
-what i can't do : a feathery caco with a beak.
-an octopus (just need red tentacles, and maybe a beak instead of the mouth. I may try to do something like this since i already have a caco-with-beak frame.)
-a caco with an anchor, because being lighter-than-air must be quite impractical when there is wind and you got to sleep :p
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Clebardman wrote:(never understood why those giant meatballs were so weak in doom in the first place, they are basically floating, easier to hit imps)
Perhaps you're spoiled by the SSG? In DooM 1 you don't get that luxury... They're a major threat up until Cells become more common.
Clebardman

Post by Clebardman »

well, yeah, the cacos at the start of episode 3 are annoying, but that's more because it takes forever to kill them with the pistol than because they are a real pain. you got the RL in E1 and the first caco in E2 is in M1 plasma rifle secret room. Doom 2 enemies ? chaingunner (argh), revenant (re-argh), manc, arachnotron, pain elemental (this one is really stupidly hard), archvile. Doom 1 enemies ? tanky snails with a 10 speed fireball. Episode 1 is the best thing doom has to offer imo, but even on my SNES with lag and all that shit it's not a challenge anymore ^^

edit : but you're right, the ssg was a big mistake in doom 2 if you ask me. RL damage at point blank ? 3 times the damage for only twice the ammo ? and found in a non-secret room in level 2 ? good idea, you'll never use anything else before you get a plasma :p

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”