Threshold Of Pain II - ACT 2 RELEASED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
scalliano

Re: Threshold Of Pain II - DEMO RELEASED

Post by scalliano »

Thing is, most of the updates have been in the WIP thread here as well as the DW picture thread.

5 maps have been completed since those screens above were posted :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

those colorful lights are always fun to see. and i finally found this thread.
gonna download.
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

This is amazing. I loved the first one, and I've been following this one closely. Gives Doom a whole new look and feel. :D
Olroda

Post by Olroda »

After quite a few tries, I finally beat the demo without 'buying it' once (I always begin anew, from the first map, if my character dies). I love the creepy atmosphere, the new monsters and the challenging difficulty. I don't have anything negative to say about the demo at all. This is what DooM mapping is all about. Looking forward to the full release. 8-)
Caleb13

Post by Caleb13 »

Ohh yess, this looks even better than the first installment! I really hope you will finish this before summer (vacation times) is over.

I have to wonder about the custom sounds, though. Most of them feel so... old. I mean, it is no secret that custom sounds have been almost invariantly crap, ever since some wise guy decided to use them back in 90s. Most, but not all. However, you seem to have the knack for picking absolutely the worst ones. For example, that pistol sound from 1996 again? Seriously?

Oh well, nevermind. I will play this anyway. Fortunately, custom sounds can be dissected off a WAD rather easily...
Gez

Post by Gez »

The custom sounds are those from PSX Doom/Doom 64. They fit the theme, since TOP is Midway-inspired. (And yeah I prefer the original PC sounds myself, and the Midway sounds annoy me usually. I make an exception for things like TOP or the PSX TC.)
scalliano

Re: Threshold Of Pain II - ACT 2 RELEASED

Post by scalliano »

UPADTE ALERT! I'M STILL HERE!

Check the first post.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Hey, have you noticed you have two different TEXTURE1 lumps?
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Didn't actually notice that - not that it's causing any issues at the moment, but I'll set about correcting it for the final release.
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

Glad to see this is still underway, many thanks.
Gez

Post by Gez »

scalliano wrote:Didn't actually notice that - not that it's causing any issues at the moment, but I'll set about correcting it for the final release.
Well it made me discover an issue in SLADE 3, as it used the first TEXTURE1 lump instead of the last and the result was kinda funky.

It also made me discover that ZDoom is perfectly okay with using patches as textures. :blergh:
Zeberpal

Post by Zeberpal »

ow, I really want to play this on Playstation :(
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Gez wrote:
scalliano wrote:Didn't actually notice that - not that it's causing any issues at the moment, but I'll set about correcting it for the final release.
Well it made me discover an issue in SLADE 3, as it used the first TEXTURE1 lump instead of the last and the result was kinda funky.

It also made me discover that ZDoom is perfectly okay with using patches as textures. :blergh:
It's also perfectly okay with using SPRITES as textures. Found that out the hard way :P

So, let me get this straight: ZDoom only parses the last of any duplicates it finds?
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

scalliano wrote: So, let me get this straight: ZDoom only parses the last of any duplicates it finds?
As far as I know, yes. If several files with the same name are in the same archive, zdoom will only parse the last one that appears in the order.
Now, for PK3s, I'm not exactly sure since the filesystem is completely different.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Good stuff, I know where to start pruning now.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”