Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Reelism X3 (News p.77)

Post by Ed the Bat »

Having to update them to match Reelism X3 is entirely my fault. I had given the #import directive too much credit, and had hoped that changes in splot.acs wouldn't affect anything. And since this is my fault, I take full responsibility and will be making the proper updates, when the time comes, to everyone's custom bosses.
Hetdegon

Post by Hetdegon »

Ed the Bat wrote:I see... I'm afraid I'm only equipped to investigate Windows builds of the main development branch of G/ZDoom. If you run into crashes there, report them to me.
Well can try to run a windows build through WINE later, I know it works mostly OK, although will use one of the typical snapshots from drdteam, for convenience. Cross-compiling is always something that annoys me greatly.
I'll report later tonight then.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ed the Bat wrote:Having to update them to match Reelism X3 is entirely my fault. I had given the #import directive too much credit, and had hoped that changes in splot.acs wouldn't affect anything. And since this is my fault, I take full responsibility and will be making the proper updates, when the time comes, to everyone's custom bosses.
much appreciated, also this is my fault either. i don't even know how to be friends with acs scripts, also acc.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Beed28 wrote:Speaking of which, is there any news on this at all? The custom reels feature looked intriguing.
I need to finish the last couple of reels and implement bosses, but ultimately things either get in the way or I lose interest very quickly. There's so much done, but the last 5% is just bleh.

I might just make the development build publicly available at some point, maybe that'll push things over the finish line.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Hmm. Did you ever come up with a jackpot to replace the "This Space For Rent" one? Because I'm tempted to suggest that you attempt to replicate the "Tomato Rain" from ToeJam & Earl. =P
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

wildweasel wrote:Hmm. Did you ever come up with a jackpot to replace the "This Space For Rent" one? Because I'm tempted to suggest that you attempt to replicate the "Tomato Rain" from ToeJam & Earl. =P
I have one planned for that, I just haven't gotten around to implementing it, from the looks of things.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

wildweasel wrote:Hmm. Did you ever come up with a jackpot to replace the "This Space For Rent" one? Because I'm tempted to suggest that you attempt to replicate the "Tomato Rain" from ToeJam & Earl. =P
You horrible person.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Hetdegon wrote:
Ed the Bat wrote:
Hetdegon wrote: Specially now that the old version crashes on recent builds...
It does?! When were you planning on telling us this?

If I can't use this to motivate Kinsie to move forward, I'll look into making a hotfix for this.
Well, just two major points of interest: This is a self-compiled gzdoom on linux, and it's a few versions behind because the last 3 revisions broke model support, so my current project crashes as soon as I summon any actor or shot with a md3 model...should go report that as well, I kinda need it to work, but I digress.
I include the crash log, it's a single segfault, but happens both with regular start and when warping to a map directly from command line, so at least it's not something specific to the titlemap. It stopped working a bunch of revisions ago, but I still keep an old backup build that runs it (version 1.9-pre780 which also runs the Mercenaries mod by DOOMERO before the HUD display broke. But I don't think they are related bugs, but more than they appeared at the same time).
I know that bug, i think the problem was the a_gunflash on the select state of the weapon, that display the hud.
Hetdegon

Post by Hetdegon »

DOOMERO-21 wrote: I know that bug, i think the problem was the a_gunflash on the select state of the weapon, that display the hud.
I tried to debug it a little, seems the state never seems to fire, regardless of content. Tried replacing it for a_prints and other obvious functions with no success. I was considering making a patch to display it in ACS instead, which would also clean the decorate a bit, but never got to it. Shouldn't take long though.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Hello.

It's been a while since we last spoke.

Let's alleviate that, shall we?

Gez

Re: Reelism X3 (New Shots p.79)

Post by Gez »

Is that a new map in the first pic?

Also I guess with Zanders 3.0 appearing in beta, multiplayer will be easier to organize, without having to give numbers to named scripts or do other such backwards things.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Gez wrote:Is that a new map in the first pic?
I got the first build of it from the author yesterday. It needs a little bit of detail and a pinch of cover on the perimeters, but as far as "big wide bullet-dodge arena" maps go it makes me girlishly happy.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Oh thank goodness this isn't dead! I was thinking about this a few hours ago! :D

Thought that bent rocket launcher in the last screenshot definitely needs working on to make it less resemble... uh... :shock:
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Beed28 wrote:Oh thank goodness this isn't dead! I was thinking about this a few hours ago! :D

Thought that bent rocket launcher in the last screenshot definitely needs working on to make it less resemble... uh... :shock:
Hey, some guys' heat-seeking missile launchers are just kind of made that way. Please don't bazooka-shame.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

bentzooka went dongzooke.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”