Reelism Gold! Expansion Pack 3 (X3.1 Patch p.101)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
scalliano

Re: Reelism X3 (News p.77)

Post by scalliano »

Oh God. Cue lots of woefully dumbass plugin reels.

I, for one, can't wait :D
Ander Hammer

Post by Ander Hammer »

Maybe I'm blind or consistently overlooking it, but wherever I go looking for information about Reelism, I see a 'manual' mentioned repeatedly, yet I can't find one anywhere. It didn't come with the most recent version, as far as I can tell.

p.s. great mod 10/10 appreciate all the work playing right now round 60 astrolab dog pope leading a legion of nazi attack dogs send assistance
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

The manual was included in the download of version 2.0.

I'll host the manual here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

okay, okay. maybe it's not a very good idea and could be the worst necro bump to post at this old thread, but since my custom boss for this mod was broken and never able to be uploaded for a year, i finally reuploaded it also fixed and added credits and various same-tone-voices for him. and of course his voices are come from good ol' classic half life 2: full life consequences.

https://www.mediafire.com/?tddcfqn94zoeb0v

but i couldn't compiled the acs file somehow, which it was already compiled before thanks to ed the bat. because i had to fix the boss' title and broken languages but...neh.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

If (and that's a huge IF, at this point...) X3 ever comes out, the custom bosses may need to be updated to match. But don't worry, I will personally be handling that for all currently released custom bosses. Until that happens, though...

Captain, you'll want to remove this replacement BossSpawner actor you've included, as it will make loading any other custom bosses impossible. There's also an error in your ACS script; the loop that checks for a blank name slot has been edited to look for... something else. The filesize of the compiled lump tells me this change is only in the raw scripts, though, so there should be no real impact, at least.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Speaking of which, is there any news on this at all? The custom reels feature looked intriguing.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Couldn't tell ya. No one tells me anything... Except for one random spurt of activity in early November, it's been radio silence since last June.
Hetdegon

Post by Hetdegon »

*checks thread*
*expected news*
*cries*
y-you meanies! ;_; I thought it was finally going to happen! Specially now that the old version crashes on recent builds...
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Hetdegon wrote: Specially now that the old version crashes on recent builds...
It does?! When were you planning on telling us this?

If I can't use this to motivate Kinsie to move forward, I'll look into making a hotfix for this.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

hey, don't blame us. we were talking about the urgent discussions for making the global custom bosses much easier and safer...i think.
Ed the Bat wrote:If (and that's a huge IF, at this point...) X3 ever comes out, the custom bosses may need to be updated to match. But don't worry, I will personally be handling that for all currently released custom bosses. Until that happens, though...

Captain, you'll want to remove this replacement BossSpawner actor you've included, as it will make loading any other custom bosses impossible. There's also an error in your ACS script; the loop that checks for a blank name slot has been edited to look for... something else. The filesize of the compiled lump tells me this change is only in the raw scripts, though, so there should be no real impact, at least.
can do about the bossspawner, if the new version is up at last.

and i fixed the double-blanks issue, too. so basically i just fixed the base of the acs but not compiled one. so the upload link has been updated. go get it.

anyway when i attempt to compile it with latest version of an acc at inside of the asplotexp.wad that you download linked it before a year, i get an error massage says, splot.acs is not exist. even splot.acs was there, without '.acs'. so what's wrong with this, anyway? and that's the reason why i couldn't compiled it yet.

oh, also my custom boss was based on by beed28's korax boss mod. basically same as his.
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Captain J wrote:when i attempt to compile it with latest version of an acc at inside of the asplotexp.wad that you download linked it before a year, i get an error massage says, splot.acs is not exist. even splot.acs was there, without '.acs'. so what's wrong with this, anyway?
Is splot.acs in your acc.exe directory? Or else did you tell it where to find it?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

yes, i just did it right now. but the file format was different. splot was a lmp file. even i changed it's file format as .acs by renaming it, slade now says Invalid declarator.

and i'm using slade and acc for compile the acs. but i pretty don't get this one.
Hetdegon

Post by Hetdegon »

Ed the Bat wrote:
Hetdegon wrote: Specially now that the old version crashes on recent builds...
It does?! When were you planning on telling us this?

If I can't use this to motivate Kinsie to move forward, I'll look into making a hotfix for this.
Well, just two major points of interest: This is a self-compiled gzdoom on linux, and it's a few versions behind because the last 3 revisions broke model support, so my current project crashes as soon as I summon any actor or shot with a md3 model...should go report that as well, I kinda need it to work, but I digress.
I include the crash log, it's a single segfault, but happens both with regular start and when warping to a map directly from command line, so at least it's not something specific to the titlemap. It stopped working a bunch of revisions ago, but I still keep an old backup build that runs it (version 1.9-pre780 which also runs the Mercenaries mod by DOOMERO before the HUD display broke. But I don't think they are related bugs, but more than they appeared at the same time).
Attachments
zdoom-crash.txt
(21.23 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I see... I'm afraid I'm only equipped to investigate Windows builds of the main development branch of G/ZDoom. If you run into crashes there, report them to me.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

anyway i'm really feeling sorry about you are about to handle those boss mods instead of me, or us, after reelism is updated. if that's true. blame my ignorant foolishness of misunderstanding, i can't even know how i supposed to do. even i can extract splot from asplotexp to acc folder, but this splot is an different format.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”