[WIP]Fusion Mapping Take #2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ShadesMaster

Re: [WIP]Fusion Mapping Take #2

Post by ShadesMaster »

Damn Fuel it is!!!!
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

Since we're getting up in the numbers of maps in progress or slots claimed, I took the time to make a list of the taken iwad maps that can be used.

Each map can be used twice (so no one swoops in and takes away a map from someone else), but no more than that because I still want variety in the pack.

Taken Maps

There is an odd number of maps, yes, because one of them is slotted for a secret map fusion with a familiar but non-iwad map. I want to keep the normal maps restricted to the 4 iwads though, and there's already 2 secret maps in planning (and only one secret exit), so...I'm not going to allow any fusions with maps that aren't from (Doom (2)/TNT/Plutonia).

At any rate, I've gotten a start on Courtyard of the Damned, and thought I'd share the track for the curious: Hey, listen!
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

So, the list means that those maps have all been used once but can still be used once more? With E2M6 as /FULL because I'm just getting started on my level with that one?

Btw, you have a knack for not only good MIDImaking, but combining two midi's effectively and creatively into one - how do ya do it?
Gez

Post by Gez »

The midi is hosted on Jimmy's webspace, so I guess it was Jimmy who made it.

For the list of taken maps, you could maybe list with which they're combined. So that nobody taking up two already-used maps do not unwittingly remake a combo.
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Good idea. I'll edit the text so it includes the actual fusions as well. Also when a map is marked as "FULL" it's not to be taken anymore because it's already been used twice (part of a finished map or in-progress map). E2M6, for example, is slotted for both "Courtyard of the Damned" and "Damn Fuel"

And yes Jimmy has been composing all of the fusion mapping music so far. The music is not to be used in any other projects until fusion mapping is released, is the disclaimer. Having other musicians would certainly be a plus, so as to not overwork Jimmy. The music request thread is here

EDIT: Updated list of taken maps with additional maps (That I forgot to list) and the finished fusions.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Cool cool... I will have something to show for Thursday morning!
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Just remember that the only custom monsters you can use, period, are the ones provided in the demo. Otherwise, awesome.

On the note of the custom monsters, the cacoling has undergone an edit in the latest version that increases its maneuverability and melee capabilities, as well as making it easier for cacomentals to summon them. Credit goes to NeuralStunner for the behavior tweak.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Yep, using the resource. I've begun work on this, though I still want to work on more areas before a submit. However I've already PM'd you some screenshots to show that work has indeed begun! Still needs more detailing but it's coming along nicely. :D

Are slopes and 3D floors allowed? Rest assured it will be very true to roots and not overdone....
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Yeah slopes and 3d floors are allowed. Of course try to use them tastefully, as both slopes and 3d floors are great in moderation but look tacky when overused.
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Bumping this to show off screens of the recently completed "Unruly Fortress"
Spoiler:
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

Looks awesome, what maps are in this one?
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

E4M4 and E2M9, like it says in the maplist I posted.
printz

Post by printz »

The weird Cacodemon cross room looks and has always looked too evil. I'm scared.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Even scarier is how quickly I was actually able to put together another map for this!!!! Still work to be done, among other things such as Hpack....
Gez

Post by Gez »

First demo map, the blue door for the little room with the backpack and plasma rifle has its door track all pegged.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”