[WIP]Fusion Mapping Take #2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Paul

Re: [WIP]Fusion Mapping Take #2

Post by Paul »

darkhaven3 wrote: I'm already doing E1M8+MAP29, just be warned
Again, See above how i edit post to say "I should have read OP first". My mistake.

How well do you guys think would E2M6 Halls of the Damned and MAP25 Bloodfalls match up? I mean style wise it is reasonable, but It seems like they map 25 is rather linear while e2m6 is a giant maze.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Paul wrote: E2M6 Halls of the Damned and MAP25 Bloodfalls match up?
IT'S THE HALL OF FALLS!
/mock2
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

What I gather so far is that Halls of the Damned can be matched with ANYTHING lolz - in fact I'm curious to see how many different ways it can be matched up. For some reason people really love that level....
Paul

Post by Paul »

terranova wrote: IT'S THE HALL OF FALLS!
/mock2
awesome

Halls of the Damned is just so weird gameplay wise... I actually went back and played it a couple times yesterday, and I still don't get the level progression. I just kinda end up wandering around until i find the exit...

Scrap all those ideas, I'm going to try E1M6 Central Processing with map 25, "Blood Processing" or "Blood Central".

Even though they have somewhat different progression, I think I can figure out a way to synthesize everything together.
PFL

Post by PFL »

Excellent work. Is the inventory loss between each maps a feature that will survive the demo? I would also recommend an infighting/pain implement for the plasma zombies. How many maps are planned in all?
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

The final version will most likely have a hub system so yeah, inventory loss will probably be kept intact.

As for the number of maps, well, I was just going to stop when I personally can't make any more fusion maps.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

I'm just curious are there even more maps then shown in the taken fusion maps?
I think it'd be good to get some more maps, I could try, I can't gurantee any success though, as most of the time I am too lazy to do mapping.
.ex.inferis.

Post by .ex.inferis. »

Paul wrote:How well do you guys think would E2M6 Halls of the Damned and MAP25 Bloodfalls match up? I mean style wise it is reasonable, but It seems like they map 25 is rather linear while e2m6 is a giant maze.
Personally, these are my two favourite maps from classic Doom & Doom II. I think they would make for a very interesting map. Would I know a thing or two about mapping I'd give this a shot, myself. :D Seems to me that despite Bloodfalls being linear, the fact that Halls of the Damned is not would make for an interesting design choice. The Catacombs could also be a good pairing with HotD as well.
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

The maps listed in the taken list are of maps I know that are being worked on or done. There are probably more maps in the works out there that I *might* not know of but if someone is going to make a serious attempt to make a map for this and finish it then I prefer that I'd know about it.

Speaking of *finishing* maps I should solicit those who still have maps in progress because if you're not planning on finishing a map then chances are you're taking a slot from someone who wants to use one of the maps in the fusion.

Honestly, I didn't figure I'd actually get any additional mappers originally. The original plan (which was what I had when I posted this) was to make the entire pack on my own and take whatever 2 or 3 guest maps get made and include those. I don't have any problems with having so many willing mappers, and it's good to get lots of maps because I'm not sure how many would have made on my own, but when people don't follow through with their plans or keep me updated on their progress it...complicates things.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I actually HAVE worked on my 'Dis Pit' map recently - in fact I can submit later today - since Dis was really simple, and The Pit was also relatively simple, it's been a challenge to add detail that I'm satisfied with, without straying too much from either map. But the solution will be submittified today!
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Edit: F3M8map09 submitted - "Dis Pit"
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Just chiming in to say this looks pretty awesome, guys. If I even knew where to start with mapping I'd try and do this. Since I have nothing else to contribute, I have a suggestion: maybe for the next fusion mapping thing you guys could try combining a level from Doom with a level from another FPS? It could be done, and the results would probably be pretty interesting.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Well, that idea CAN be implemented in a secret level for this Fusion Mod - imagine a level combined with something from Heretic, Quake or Rage....

Okay maybe not Rage, but you get the idea. 8-)
Grymmoire

Post by Grymmoire »

Well BlazingPhoenix is working on a Heretic/Doom fusion for the secret map. I don't know if he'll get it done but he said he'll try.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

I'm oh-so-very tempted by an E1M5 / Plutonia MAP01 hybrid (Congo labs?), mind if i stealz0r it?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”