[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.6.4 (Demo Map Released!)

Post by Zanieon »

It is Doom "in parts", mostly it is really to be Quake 3 on GZDoom, the base rules of this mod uses Quake 3 as example, not Doom as i explained before on this topic.

And thanks for playing it, i got the Doom 3 monsters to be the enemies because Quake 3 theme fits more into something demonic than Strogg, well also Stroggs are allies by the storyline i gave to the mod and mainly because some Eternal Arena's Warriors are Stroggs like Visor and TankJr, so is everyone against hell basically.

Btw...
Spoiler: WIP First Boss Arena
jacob_jub

Post by jacob_jub »

Do you think you could shorten the leg lengths of the hell kinght and those like it? It seems ridiculous and they move a little to fast. Other than that this is a great mod.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Welp i explained on the FAQ why i did that on those monsters (and you can see that it is intentional cuz even my avatar have it).

Also...
Spoiler: Lava Trap Room
This one is just the start of the DeFrag moment in the map, if players succeeds on do it, then last boss becomes easier to fight.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I wish maps like these could be played with other mods... they're so damn amazing. :)
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Well, one thing i noticed is that you are always wanting every avaliable map to be played with the gameplay mods in overall, but many modders have ambitions dude, unfortunately some things doesn't orbit one thing specifically (it's like the Brutal Doom fanbase asking for compatibility and recieves a giant "DENIED" in da face) and you have to deal with.

Want know a thing? I've played all the mods you like play the vanilla maps, and none of them fits well for these maps, they becomes hard as fuck (PMSX) or stupidly easy at a point that you ask yourself why your finger is locked in the shoot button (Trailblazer).

If you want a map made by me so much to play with these gameplay mods, wait for this one.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sounds about right.

I like all of those mods. Matter of fact, I plan to combine those and others into a single class-based mod, so that it has all of those qualities... "easyhard". XD

(Plus monster variant spam, cuz f*** yeah)

That's besides the point, though... I didn't know that the UAC Vinur Prime Research Base had its own thread. Thanks for linking! I will promptly make a comment so that I'm updated.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.6.5

Post by Zanieon »

Alright, giving little bump for update.

Version 2.6.5 is probably the last before the dungeon arrives and i'll be also using this for testing of Zandronum 3.0.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I hope that the official release will eventually bring back self-damage from the rocket launcher, so that shortcuts won't be too easy...
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Waht?

Self damage from weapons only existed on pre 1.0 versions, all other versions after it doesn't have splash damage for the reasons i already mentioned and i still plan to bring back Versus mode as well i'm gaining experience with ACS.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

But you were trying to emulate Quake III gameplay, right? Quake III had self-damage from rocket launchers, so why doesn't Hunter's Moon have it too?
LadySlash

Post by LadySlash »

Greetings!

I’ve followed your mod for two years and it quickly became one of favorite Doom mods. :)
However, in the latest version I noticed a strange thing with Regeneration Powerup. The fact is it doesn’t gradually heal holder up to 200 HP (like it’s mentioned in changelog). But whenever holder’s health is below 100, the powerup instantly bumps it up to this value.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

DoomKrakken wrote:But you were trying to emulate Quake III gameplay, right? Quake III had self-damage from rocket launchers, so why doesn't Hunter's Moon have it too?
Yes and as i explained to Valherran in Page 6, and to you on page 15, self-damage for a mod directioned for cooperative with a good chance to implement a team-game like the Versus Mode of Left 4 Dead isn't a good thing to have.
LadySlash wrote:Greetings!

I’ve followed your mod for two years and it quickly became one of favorite Doom mods. :)
However, in the latest version I noticed a strange thing with Regeneration Powerup. The fact is it doesn’t gradually heal holder up to 200 HP (like it’s mentioned in changelog). But whenever holder’s health is below 100, the powerup instantly bumps it up to this value.
I noticed your videos on Youtube, nice to have someone giving a great support for this, and yeah, this is a glitch in fact, i misunderstood what the Powerup.Strength does when i was coding it, it actually doesn't regenerates to 200 point of health, instead it does regenerate 200 points of HP per second, i released a 2.6.6 version for Zandronum to fix sounds and this glitch, this are avaliable on ModDB atm, however enjoy this temporarly immortality mode while Version 2.7 don't comes out, it will not delay much, or if you wanna try fix it yourself, just remove this property from the Regeneration Powerup.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Still doesn't make sense, but you're the one doing the mod... (shrug)
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

This is some good shit right here
Any mod which enables you to play as Lucy wins me over any time, but the whole "big leg" thing is really unique and cool :D It makes the doom 3 cyberdemon look like a hellish monument, a living cathedrel. I'll need to include it in one of my next doom bestiary drawings...
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

:lol: Thanks

Well, the Inverse Concept is fine for now that only 3 monsters uses it, on early versions of those monsters (from Version 1.2 to 2.0) there was some weird, especially Baron of Hell, now actually i use some little rules to decide which scale apply and if the desired monster fits for it. Because when i started work with models for GZDoom, i didn't put a limit on this thing, lol, extrapolating the scale too much for me now is stupid, i mean, it's REALLY stupid (As Cyberdemon is starting displease for me now).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”