[WIP] GZDoom - Tower of Babel

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] GZDoom - Tower of Babel

Post by NeuralStunner »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:yes and more additions for setactorproperty.....(for example: spectral, non shootable, etc).
[wiki]A_ChangeFlag[/wiki]? (Both the things you mentioned are flags, so...)
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

NeuralStunner wrote:
DOOMERO-21 wrote:yes and more additions for setactorproperty.....(for example: spectral, non shootable, etc).
[wiki]A_ChangeFlag[/wiki]? (Both the things you mentioned are flags, so...)
a_changeflag you need a state for that, i want for example:

exist 2 ways for an actor be "invulnerable", decorate and acs

1. state:

xxxx a 1 a_setinvulnerable

2. script xxx (void)
{
setactorproperty(0,APROP_Invulnerable,1);

}

the problem of the first case, you need to force an actor enter to that state for activate the flag, but with acs is not necesary, that is my point.

3. script xxx (void)
{
setactorproperty(0,APROP_spectral,1);
}

something like the case 3.
Doomer_1996

Post by Doomer_1996 »

wildweasel wrote:
Doomer_1996 wrote:Now that i remembered, i already knew the mod, remember the guy that said that the assault rifle thingy was a good example of DooM sprite recicling?
Guess who was him.5 chances.Nearly impossible to miss.
I've re-read this post and still have no idea what you're trying to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw5-ZKfM ... re=related
The only comment on it should give you what you need.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Doomer_1996 wrote:The only comment on it should give you what you need.
Which Ryan is no longer using, he upgraded to another sprite. After, you know. About 10 years of development.
Doomer_1996

Post by Doomer_1996 »

Hellser wrote: Which Ryan is no longer using, he upgraded to another sprite. After, you know. About 10 years of development.
I know, i made that comment before i saw the latest vid he uploaded.I think he's using a sprite from Marty or someone else that looks like the one from the upcoming Brutal Doom 0.13.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

I got it first, see? Nya! :P
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

In the Genesis Saga video, the new weapon sway one, That's pretty cool what you did there, with the Weaponbob using Tower Of Babel(I think?) But, It's kinda weird how the weaponbob's different, but the movebob is still like in doom, it looks pretty weird.
Doomer_1996

Post by Doomer_1996 »

Ryan Cordell wrote:I got it first, see? Nya! :P
Heh, based just on the nya, i'm thinking that you're an person that likes anime.Am i right?
TheMistress wrote:In the Genesis Saga video, the new weapon sway one, That's pretty cool what you did there, with the Weaponbob using Tower Of Babel(I think?) But, It's kinda weird how the weaponbob's different, but the movebob is still like in doom, it looks pretty weird.
Didn't you mean that the weapon bobbing animation is roughly different but the physics are what's making it look a bit strange?Like, when i saw the weapons going up and down when you jumped i was like
OMG
It looks like Blood *_*
Just to make this post actually have some sense, i like Blood.Just a little bit under DooM in my fav games list (3rd or 4th, something like that)
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Doomer_1996 wrote:
TheMistress wrote:In the Genesis Saga video, the new weapon sway one, That's pretty cool what you did there, with the Weaponbob using Tower Of Babel(I think?) But, It's kinda weird how the weaponbob's different, but the movebob is still like in doom, it looks pretty weird.
Didn't you mean that the weapon bobbing animation is roughly different but the physics are what's making it look a bit strange?Like, when i saw the weapons going up and down when you jumped i was like
OMG
It looks like Blood *_*
Just to make this post actually have some sense, i like Blood.Just a little bit under DooM in my fav games list (3rd or 4th, something like that)
Yeah, i like blood ALOT too ;D, Doom's my favourite game though, also yes i did mean that, the Weapon moves different on the hud, but the actually camera bobbing is still the same, camera goes up and down when you move, and i also LOVED the part where he jumps off a cliff, and the gun goes down jittering up and down quickly, that's really cool.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Cool/glitchy as the Blood vertical bobbing is, it has its drawbacks, thus APROP_GunOffset not being included in ZDoom.

The trouble with that is that it modifies the weapon's position. The vertical bobbing script has it constantly being monitored and altered, preventing the weapon from switching out (in the classic go-downwards style anyway). To work around that you have to have a custom deselect animation.

Pretty much a way of acknowledging that if you're planning on using this risky feature, you and your mod better be advanced enough to counteract any side effects.

It also has problems with weapons that call A_GunFlash constantly too, so something to keep in mind.
Doomer_1996

Post by Doomer_1996 »

Actually i barely can make a new weapon from scratch in decorate.But patience, i started yesterday and it seems just awesome.Even if it's not the thread to put this on, i'm planning on making a mod with nailguns and a three a multi gun (don't ask what it does cause even me don't know what it'll do, perhaps it's going to fire bullets, shells and maybe some kind of laser or plasma), but thanks anyway.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

For anyone that wants to know what you can do with Pitch through A_FaceTarget: This micro-mod will demonstrate just a few. Summon the various example actors to see them in acton:
  • JumpingDemon: Uses pitch to leap at you. Very derpy but the point is made.
  • GAD: Like the ones in Rise of the Triad, it "tilts" in your POV as you move up and down in relation to it. (Only works in singleplayer and the angles aren't quite right. But again, it gets the idea across.)
  • HomingSoul: This critter replaces the stock charging attack with a homing one. (Won't get stuck against pickups, either!) Although it's hilarious if you get a stationary object between you and it... Move out of its field of view and it'll stop charging, though.
  • Cacoturret: At first glance, a really aggressive Cacodemon that doesn't move. But move directly above or below it, and it'll watch you helplessly. (Simulated vertical field of attack, extremely simple and quite useful!)
Now I wonder if it's useful enough to get into ZDoom official?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ryan can you make a patch for the set/get actor property stuff?
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

A map keeps crashing in ToB, but not regular GZDoom.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
ToB crash log
(18.14 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

And now the download links to both the binary and source are broken.

I only had one copy and I removed it, can anyone send me the latest version of ToB?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”