[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - Get Drunk with 2.4!

Post by Oberron »

or even Bsar Tomba. Get it? Heh! It is Tsar Bomba written backwards. And I laughed alot with the gags, it is soo funny to be believed.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

??????

LMAO that's not even backwards... it's just the first letters of each of those words switched.

How about Czarina Bomba? (yaay, we're finding more Russian-sounding names... :D)
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

Yeh, that was a alternate name for the super weapon. But I'll be going with the Czarina Bomba, so yes.
Slevins

Post by Slevins »

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm playing with the latest GZDoom build (dated 11/9/2015), RO 2.4, and the Class Mod, and whenever I try to pickup the Comrade, everything.... freaks out, for lack of a better word. When I switch to it in active gameplay, it keeps playing the "Time Stop" effect over and over, and doesn't let me fire or change weapons. When I cheat to give myself the weapon, everything works fine though.

I can't recall this happening before I updated my build, but I also haven't heard of anyone else having the problem, so I'm not sure what is going on.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Slevins wrote:Has anyone else had this problem? I'm playing with the latest GZDoom build (dated 11/9/2015), RO 2.4, and the Class Mod, and whenever I try to pickup the Comrade, everything.... freaks out, for lack of a better word. When I switch to it in active gameplay, it keeps playing the "Time Stop" effect over and over, and doesn't let me fire or change weapons. When I cheat to give myself the weapon, everything works fine though.

I can't recall this happening before I updated my build, but I also haven't heard of anyone else having the problem, so I'm not sure what is going on.
Oh, the reason is pretty simple - I am a dumbass and forgot that I have had made separate ammo between slot 7-8 weapons exclusive to each class within the class patch, and didn't take that into account with the HUD or refined Comrade. I just fixed some things right now, aaaand the links on 1st page are updated. I hope this will do the cut.
Slevins

Post by Slevins »

Still no dice, I'm afraid. Re-downloaded from the front page and everything. The Comrade has no sense of camaraderie with Yuri.

...... I'll see myself out for that one.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Slevins wrote:Still no dice, I'm afraid. Re-downloaded from the front page and everything. The Comrade has no sense of camaraderie with Yuri.

...... I'll see myself out for that one.
Pah, pah and ARGH - I forgot how stupidly inheritance can work at times. I thought simple ammo type change would work, but apparently even if I replace the biggest offender state that keeps on checking old ammo... it still jumps into the old states, so it looks for the old ammo... and it fucks up again. Try redownloading the class patch and see if it works now.
Slevins

Post by Slevins »

That one got it, I think. Comrade works again with the new class patch, no problem.
EnderTheKnight

Post by EnderTheKnight »

Hey Pillowblaster,can i get some of the old versions of the mod? You know... the outdated kind? Like 1.0 to 2.3?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Not really a glitch, but with the infinite backpack on, the magazine capacities for the Pushka, Schwarzer Zwerg and Beef Supreme grow exponentially and become so ginormous that I actually ran out of ammo trying to fully load all three weapons. For instance, I actually loaded over 2500 shells into the Zwerg. I haven't even fired the whole load yet but holy shit is it overkill (just like the title says)! :shock:
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Don't you DARE fire the whole load, unless you're looking to kill your computer... XD
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

So, I remember awhile back mentioning how the nuker blasts of the BeefSupreme and Streamroller stickies causes big ass lag on big ass maps. Well, I thought it had been fixed but I get to map26 of SF2011 today and it's back. So of course I have to find the cause.

Lo and behold, the root cause is the A_Explode(50,224,0,1) of NukerPushkaExploder. I took that 1 off the end that alerts enemies, and no lag whatsoever.

For anyone interested, here's some videos of some RO goodness. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... M-doaaPbKJ
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

The Libra, Power Overwhelming and Tarpan's healing abilities don't work like they used to. They don't have infinite heals for me. And I am indeed using the latest GZDoom dev build.
Grey Rook

Post by Grey Rook »

...not sure if this is necromancy or not, but I wanted to bring up a bug I encountered.

In short, I'm using the latest version of RO combined with Demonsteele and running a campaign generated by Oblige, and the sound keeps bugging out on me; instead of playing music, the game plays the Baron of Hell's footsteps or the fire sound effect, and many of the custom sound effects that are supposed to trigger when you equip certain weapons don't play. I don't know what causes this bug, but I suspect that it might have something to do with a number of errors that the game encounters on boot, though they scroll past so quickly that I don't have time to read them. I would like some way of fixing this, if you can help.

Also, the HUD seems borked; the Health/Armour/Ammo display only goes to 999, but the actual values go much higher. I don't know if this is something that I can fix, but it seems strange since I've seen videos of Russian Overkill where the HUD displays the actual values.

Aside from those minor issues, I've found Russian Overkill to be highly amusing. I really like it.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Grey Rook wrote:...not sure if this is necromancy or not, but I wanted to bring up a bug I encountered.

In short, I'm using the latest version of RO combined with Demonsteele and running a campaign generated by Oblige, and the sound keeps bugging out on me; instead of playing music, the game plays the Baron of Hell's footsteps or the fire sound effect, and many of the custom sound effects that are supposed to trigger when you equip certain weapons don't play. I don't know what causes this bug, but I suspect that it might have something to do with a number of errors that the game encounters on boot, though they scroll past so quickly that I don't have time to read them. I would like some way of fixing this, if you can help.

Also, the HUD seems borked; the Health/Armour/Ammo display only goes to 999, but the actual values go much higher. I don't know if this is something that I can fix, but it seems strange since I've seen videos of Russian Overkill where the HUD displays the actual values.

Aside from those minor issues, I've found Russian Overkill to be highly amusing. I really like it.
Are you using the latest dev build? Latest dev build is borked.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”