[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.2

Post by PillowBlaster »

Doom'd Marine wrote:Not to bump this thread again, but will there ever be a chance that Explosion-based jet-pack you made for RO's Third weapon pack will make it's appearance as a Cvar type of option? I always thought that thing was awesome (and funner than the jet-booster things RO has now.)
Maybe, maybe. Doesn't sound like a bad idea, I might do that! Also, maybe less fun, but thrusters surely are more useful in tight situations!
aitap wrote:Hi!

My copy of the latest self-built version of gzdoom segfaults under linux (on my netbook with intel graphics card) when I try to run RO 2.2 (but running without mods or with other mods like Brutal Doom works OK). Somehow, it ran successfully on another linux machine (with an nVidia graphics card) on an older gzdoom version.

Attaching the error log gzdoom generates. Is it a known bug? Did I somehow mess up when I built gzdoom? If this is a bug, where does it really belong, GZDoom, RO, or my video drivers?

Update: the version of gzdoom which works OK on my nVidia linux machine is GZDOOM v1.7.1 (r1548M) / ZDoom 2.6.1 (r4207).
I don't think I can help here at all, sadly. I have no experience with linux at all, not mentioning dealing with sourceport-related shenanigans.
Torcularis wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:I'm gonna nitpick a bit - Alosza's invisible weapons obscure sizable portions of his arms (which you'd think you'd be able to see clearly through a totally invisible shotgun/machine gun/donkey-chair-rocket-thing). It bothered me for the longest time, but I never really remembered to bring it up until just now.
If you look at a regular gun, can you see through it? Of course not! The Gloveguns are the same way. For all intents and purposes, the gun exists as long as you make the right gesture, but it refracts light around its super vodka-powered matter so that you can't see through it...or something. (Hey, makes about as much sense as anything else in this mod!)
Pretty much nailed it, russian engineers-approved. :P
Torcularis wrote:I registered for the sole purpose about asking for a suggestion for a companion mod. I'd like a monster replacer to add a little flavor to my Russian-powered slaughters, but I can't seem to find any that don't cause ZDoom to panic when loaded in conjunction with RO besides a self-modified version of OMG Weapons with only the monsters. I've tried getting the ScoreDoom addon pack and Scaliano's Realm667 Shuffle to work, and both refuse to start, the latter complains about some actor called "CUBE" missing frame N or some such. A little Googling also had me find an illegitimate ModDB page for 667 Shuffle that made a reference to a "lite" version without the new weapons, but I have been unable to find it anywhere. Attempts to modify the normal version by myself in Slade with my limited knowledge (and patience) of WAD editing proved fruitless.

Anyway, suggestions for new victims to add a little spice to an Oblige'd slaughterfest would be great. I'm not too picky about themes, consistency, or balance. After all, thousands will be getting blown away, so why worry? Please just try to make sure there's no replacers for weapons or items; I'm trying to avoid as many things that wouldn't play nice with RO. Thanks in advance.

(PS, please quote me if you respond, as I likely won't check this forum regularly, but I think I have my notifications set to email me if mentioned.)
I have some kind of allergy to customised monsters, sigh. It's just I don't have that much of will or ideas to make something feeling fresh and overkill'y in terms of monsters, as I'd rather totally dominate them than get totally dominated, that's first. Secondly, custom monsters give a lot of opportunities of having interesting effects applied to them, but then again, if you combine the mod with a thing that has custom monsters already, it tends to break. Example - if I had customised monsters, you wouldn't be able to use ketchup mod with this. Default monsters would either get replaced by ketchup-defined monsters, or the other ones, but not both.

There is always an option of making it a separate addon, but... still, I'd rather someone prepare some base with monsters that might fit, so I could dick around with it later. I don't feel like scouring through Realm667 to make yet another odd mish-mash of monsters.
aitap

Post by aitap »

I don't think I can help here at all, sadly. I have no experience with linux at all, not mentioning dealing with sourceport-related shenanigans.
Kak by to ni bylo, spasibo. I'll do more investigation myself and then will ask in the "Bugs" forum.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

Please, add a function - using only 1 mp40, between 2 :)
Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe »

Question, are the older versions of Russian Overkill located anywhere?
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

I may have found a way to fix the last issue regarding the forksphere. Using [wiki]xlat[/wiki] to replace all exit line specials with a script that forces all players to unmorph (using the script I provided), then exiting the map normally. Now I just have to code it.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

XLAT is one of those super useful things that I keep forgetting exists.
SAraisXenoQueen

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

Hey, Pillow, I think I might of found something you would like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaZD_rSdo8A
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

great mod when i looked it up, but it has no common things at all. also it requires a different game; unreal, that is.

if you were talking about add these weapons on this mod, i don't think so. we have a enough planet-killing weaponries to kill the planets.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

Hey guys< i found a new soundtrack for title map
http://rghost.ru/53079346
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Oh no, not nali weapons, please no.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

Captain J wrote:great mod when i looked it up, but it has no common things at all. also it requires a different game; unreal, that is.

if you were talking about add these weapons on this mod, i don't think so. we have a enough planet-killing weaponries to kill the planets.
I think he just meant "look at this", because those are some

*puts on sunglasses*

Unreal Explosions...

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

it is, i love to see the unrealistic explosions, gibbing and shit. beside, it's looks so unreal after all!
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I have considered a multiplier system add-on as a Doom mod at times. I never really launched into it because my motivation amounts to random ballsacks. :P Plus, per weapon? That would definitely be fun to put together...
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

Can you do a seperate pk3 that is usable as a standalone weapon resource? Means only the weapons and items standalone things, instead of all the RO stuff?

This way I could use a "dropitem" in an other wad for using the quadvolgue for example without having to play RO entirely.

So for example I could give dropitem quadvolgue to my quadshotgunzombies and I could integrate them into oblige.

So I could modify the quadvolgue into more normal damage values and using some weapons in other wads by oblige for example and so I would have morning star for example for the pinky demons etc.

But this way of course I need the weapon as standalone version without anything else of RO. So that the game doesnt turn into RO.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

you always can take, add any resources from RO with using a editing progrems such as SLADE or slumped. and i know it's pain in the ass to searching the resources most you're wanted in original wad, but least it's become easier to search if you're getting used to it's locations.

and you seems you're do know about editing, so why don't you find them or make it yourself?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”