[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.4

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Yep. Same thing with all the healing weapons, Ethril.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

4thcharacter wrote:I now know why I love Wolgir compared to the other rapid fire guns.

It's hitscan.
It's the greatest example of w+m1 weapon in RO, which definitely makes the gun fitting in such a mod. It can pain stun enemies to death while you continue showering them with lead, since it has no recoil and other tiny little drawbacks.
It's functionality is neat and I feel like Arnold Schwarzenegger, hehe.

It's simple but great enough. Sure it's firerate is outmatched by the gatling guns, but it's not that much of an issue.

I say put it back.
Gorynch is better than Tarpan for W+M1 purposes in most cases, though - it shares the hitscan property.

Though if you want the true best hitscan W+M1 weapon, Zwerg is the gun for you. (Yes, it's a shotgun. It doesn't matter, it fires at the rate of a chaingun.)

EDIT: Added the quote of which I'm responding to.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

healing field hurts monsters
ZE HEALING HURTS, ZE HURTING HEALS
wolgir pls
What's wrong with the Matryoshka?
Silentdarkness12

The problem with the Matryoshka is that it's kind of bland unless you're using it at a very long range. It feels like a filler weapon when compared to all the other chaingun/miniguns in Russian Overkill.

It's not an AWFUL weapon, but if that's what ended up replacing the Wolgir, then i'd much rather have the Wolgir than the Matryoshka.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:The problem with the Matryoshka is that it's kind of bland unless you're using it at a very long range. It feels like a filler weapon when compared to all the other chaingun/miniguns in Russian Overkill.

It's not an AWFUL weapon, but if that's what ended up replacing the Wolgir, then i'd much rather have the Wolgir than the Matryoshka.
It has been upgraded a bit, y'll see.
Silentdarkness12

PillowBlaster wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:The problem with the Matryoshka is that it's kind of bland unless you're using it at a very long range. It feels like a filler weapon when compared to all the other chaingun/miniguns in Russian Overkill.

It has been upgraded a bit, y'll see.

Ok. Cool, I guess. I miss Wolgir. If you managed to work that back in, I would be SO happy.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Untitled wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:I now know why I love Wolgir compared to the other rapid fire guns.

It's hitscan.
It's the greatest example of w+m1 weapon in RO, which definitely makes the gun fitting in such a mod. It can pain stun enemies to death while you continue showering them with lead, since it has no recoil and other tiny little drawbacks.

It's simple but great enough. Sure it's firerate is outmatched by the gatling guns, but it's not that much of an issue.

I say put it back.
Gorynch is better than Tarpan for W+M1 purposes in most cases, though - it shares the hitscan property.

Though if you want the true best hitscan W+M1 weapon, Zwerg is the gun for you. (Yes, it's a shotgun. It doesn't matter, it fires at the rate of a chaingun.)

One word: Recoil. Wolgir doesn't have that so you can spam your enemies with no problems. That recoil alone is actually making me like Gorynch less I and wouldn't call that W+M1 since it slightly tilts you towards something and slightly messes with your aim. W+M1's are weapons that are very strong but do not impede the user in some way. Case in point: The laser refractor weapon in Scientist Slaughterhouse and the Crissaegrim from SOTN. Hell, you can't even w+m1 properly with the Gorynch!
Zhs2 wrote:What's wrong with the Matryoshka?
Matryoshka has the risk of harming you in the early game and making enemies dance around while Wolgir just beats the enemies to death with no possible downsides like most OVERPOWERED weapons should do; all extreme harm to the enemies but none to the users. Not that I don't like Matryoshka.

Yeah, it's not showy or explosive type of overpowered. It's a type of overpowered where people in online games would cry "that weapon is hax"
Silentdarkness12

4thcharacter wrote:
Untitled wrote:

It's hitscan.

I say put it back.

One word: Recoil. Wolgir doesn't have that so you can spam your enemies with no problems. That recoil alone is actually making me like Gorynch less I and wouldn't call that W+M1 since it slightly tilts you towards something and slightly messes with your aim. W+M1's are weapons that are very strong but do not impede the user in some way. Case in point: The laser refractor weapon in Scientist Slaughterhouse and the Crissaegrim from SOTN. Hell, you can't even w+m1 properly with the Gorynch!
Zhs2 wrote:What's wrong with the Matryoshka?
Matryoshka has the risk of harming you in the early game and making enemies dance around while Wolgir just beats the enemies to death with no possible downsides like most OVERPOWERED weapons should do; all extreme harm to the enemies but none to the users. Not that I don't like Matryoshka.

Yeah, it's not showy or explosive type of overpowered. It's a type of overpowered where people in online games would cry "that weapon is hax"
^^^^^^

I need muh Wolgir. I think I still have an old version of RO kicking around. If PillowBlaster doesn't re-introduce it, I might seriously have to see what I can do to add-on it in.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think Wolgir should just replace Gorynch or a patch to replace it for those who like the latter. Both are cool in some way but the Wolgir definitely has a place in RO.
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

i miss the wolgir, even the katyusha and the porkabomber
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

I use MP40 as the substitute of Wolgir, because it's a simple hitscan rapid fire gun. And good thing is there's a small chance exploding barrels will spawn one.
Panzermann11
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

Yep, and you can carry 2 of them at a time!
Silentdarkness12

The MP40 is seriously underpowered. Even if you have two. I don't have anything to do a direct comparison to, but i'm faaaaairly certain the Wolgir quickly outpaces both in bullet spitting and actual damage output.

In fact, the MP40 is really just an upgrade to the starting pistol.....
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Not to mention MP40 can only be found if there are lots of drums (and most mapsets don't even utilize explosive barrels) so it relies heavily on chance because of that. It's more of a bonus/easter egg weapon.
Spoiler: I think PB should add this, just sayin
Panzermann11
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:The MP40 is seriously underpowered. Even if you have two. I don't have anything to do a direct comparison to, but i'm faaaaairly certain the Wolgir quickly outpaces both in bullet spitting and actual damage output.

In fact, the MP40 is really just an upgrade to the starting pistol.....
It doesn't upgrade the pistol, you can just press 2 while holding it to switch to your pistol right away.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”