[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - Explode along with me!

Post by Hetdegon »

The level of russian-grade vodka in my bloodstream, being generated by this turn of events, is bound to kill me soon. And I don't even drink.
Can't wait.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Ooh, I like that HUD a lot.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but... If you want a good place to see the fullest effect of a weapon, go to Nuts3 (If you have a better map, please let me know), turn on god, noclip, notarget, and go to the highest point of the map. Then make a save and test all of the heaviest ordnance and see just how incredible they look at a long range. Some of the explosion effects are beautiful.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

There are not a lot of maps where you can see the full nukes 'n stuff. I think Sunders Map 14 might be big enough, but I'm not sure.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

PillowBlaster wrote:Otherwise... did someone say HUD?
I do like the design of this, but could the inventory box perhaps be moved to the left side of the health/armor bars? Its current position slightly bothers me, since it is taller than the bars yet situated closer to the middle of the screen.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

If I'll move it completely to the left, then it will start irking me instead. But how about a compromise?

Yup, should work. :P
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

What are these lightning-like-symbols? A new ammo, maybe?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

all these guns feel so static. I mean, there is smooth animation, but looking at that video made me realize that theres so many weapons that are basically an idle frame and a firing frame and then those frames copy pasted and rotated to simulate gun movement. they very "flash tweened" feeling if that makes sense
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

TheBadHustlex wrote:What are these lightning-like-symbols? A new ammo, maybe?
Those are the energy weapons ammo types. Didn't feel like making symbols for each of them, so I thought to use the colour code instead. (Albeit not sure if the plasma and ion aren't a little too close yet, I still wonder if I shouldn't unificate them all under maybe two types of ammo, but that'd hurt my hoarder jimmies. :P)
chronoteeth wrote:all these guns feel so static. I mean, there is smooth animation, but looking at that video made me realize that theres so many weapons that are basically an idle frame and a firing frame and then those frames copy pasted and rotated to simulate gun movement. they very "flash tweened" feeling if that makes sense
Well, I do realize that a lot of them simply doesn't fit to each other or are just a little terrible rips, but there's maybe few weapons feeling like that, really (I'm looking at revolvers, shurricane, katyusha, or tarpan, for instance). Otherwise, most of the weapons have something to offer in terms of animation, I believe. I know that it could be better, that's why I try to change and upgrade the worst offenders, but I didn't plan to rehaul the whole mod in that case. Hard to figure out something for them sometimes, anyway. If you have any propositions or replacements that are doable, I'm bound to listen.
annihilate150

Post by annihilate150 »

Please tell me that the most powerful gun in this mod is the bfg9000-like weapon where it can charge and whent it fires, it still charges and burst or explode into a supernova-like explosion. The yellow gun, right? Please tell me that that is the strongest weapon in this mod. :D
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

It's... hard to find the strongest weapon when every 8th tier weapon basically oneshots everything.

I doubt it is - if you want a weapon with largest amount of kills per shot, Stalin's cluster nuke and I-don't-remember-if-it-was-Lenin's-or-Trocky's ion cannon hailstorm probably cover a way larger area. The hideously huge zeppelin bomb is pretty bad too, as well as lava shotgun full charged flame spike and a few other offenders. However, if you want the most overpowered weapon, Marty's BSOD takes the cake - it's power level is very much tier 8 and it's INFINITE. And, unlike Yuri's Cowsplosion(with long startup time) and Alosha's Concrete Donkey(with most complicated input in the game), has no weaknesses.

But Gurumaster wins the "most fanciest explosion" award, hands down.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Don't forget the Deathhead alt-fire being able to let you nuke enemies from anywhere across the map, if you use it correctly. (it is a mouse-controlled guided missile that can clear out sections of a slaughtermap if used correctly. Especially useful in, maps like Twilight Massacre.)

@Hexadoken - It's Marty's Hokuto Hyakuretsuken attack that has the most complicated input in the game, but Alosha's Concrete Donkey has the highest risk of backfiring on you.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

I never seem to use the Inventory-Items that often. I just don't need them that much, even though they are pretty handy.
Deathhead is all I need. Or the Shadow-Warrior-rocketlauncher with it's nukemode (BEST way to use up that ridiculous ammount of rockets I keep finding, next to the RELOAD-happy-bomb from Shurricane).
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I also forgot to mention that Marty's Hyakuretsuken (the ATATATATATATATATA attack) also has you invulnerable for the entire duration of the attack, making you avoid being obliterated by the Hindenburg bomb's blast...provided you time it just right and put just the right amount of distance between you and the epicenter of the blast.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

Well, if we start throwing the remote controlled projectiles in the equation, the black matter sniper rifle thingy is probably even more hideously OP than Deathhead. It takes time, but you can ruin a lot of things with it, and unlike the nuke, you can't completely accidently detonate it against a random corner before it's out of "the operator is getting wrecked" range.

The ATATA is kind of useless to me, really, because a BSOD is easier and that much more overpowered. Yeah, the invulnerability can be some form of an utility, but if you need a quick charge of invul, you won't get it from ATATA(unless you have played fighting games like GGXX a lot and have mastered the art of precise button-mash), and if you have some time, then, if we think of it, 99% of times the root cause of your trouble is not you being not invulnerable when you should be, but the monsters being not dead when they should be.

Hindenburg's bomb blast is easily survivable by not staring at it like a complete doofus while standing in the blast radius, really.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Protip: A battlesphere will let you stare at it while it explodes if you want to watch the fireworks, but everyone knows real men walk in the opposite direction while a dramatic explosion displays just how much they've achieved via a lifetime (read: 90 minutes) of suffering.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”