Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Post by xenoxols »

Screenshots for those who are curious. Also Wildweasel, could you add a link to my version in the first post? Typically people don't go to some random page to find something they've never heard of.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

xenoxols wrote:Screenshots for those who are curious. Also Wildweasel, could you add a link to my version in the first post? Typically people don't go to some random page to find something they've never heard of.
I'll do you one better: you have my permission to post a new thread for your version.
horsemans

Post by horsemans »

Master_Moose, your "ww-nazisV2 REDUX patch.pk3" has some texture issues with Epic. Everything seemed fine up to MAP12 (although my second shotgun would often not fire even with full ammo), but this is what I was seeing with it in my load order:

Some screenshots without it:
Spoiler:
Some screenshots with it:
Spoiler:
My load order:

-iwad iwads/doom2.wad
-file ww-nazis/ww-nazis-v2.pk3
-file ww-nazis-cjflavor/ww-nazis\ CJ\ flavor\!.pk3
-file ww-nazis-cjflavor/ww-nazisV2\ REDUX\ patch.pk3
-file epic2/epic2.wad
-file epic2/epic2gl.wad

Although it doesn't seem to matter if the last two come right after doom2.wad or not.
Helion

Post by Helion »

horsemans wrote: My load order:

-iwad iwads/doom2.wad
-file ww-nazis/ww-nazis-v2.pk3
-file ww-nazis-cjflavor/ww-nazis\ CJ\ flavor\!.pk3
-file ww-nazis-cjflavor/ww-nazisV2\ REDUX\ patch.pk3
-file epic2/epic2.wad
-file epic2/epic2gl.wad

Although it doesn't seem to matter if the last two come right after doom2.wad or not.
Nazis CJ flavor is stand alone and doesn't need the original mod to be loaded.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

If it's not too rude to ask, what exactly do the CJ Flavor version and the Redux patch change? Are they gameplay changes that I could turn into menu options in a future release of the mod?
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

On the subject of altered versions of this project, I suppose I can also mention that I've been working with Lippeth a bit as he updates his Stripped & Strangled variant, which has been condensed into an add-on patch instead of a stand-alone, and is being updated to work smoothly with the GitHub dev build of Nazis.
horsemans

Post by horsemans »

Helion wrote: Nazis CJ flavor is stand alone and doesn't need the original mod to be loaded.
Ahh, that's good to know. Unfortunately, removing the original mod doesn't seem to affect the issue I have.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

What about the Redux, then? It looks like it might be doing Brutal Doom-esque warping effects on the waterfall textures, which Epic2 replaces with its own animations.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Moose's REDUX version is pretty outdated, i updated with new coddings(thank you,eddie.) and monsters few years ago.

Anyway, too bad i already mind off my version of this mod. Just play or run with it whatever you want. My version only have new monsters, weapons and sprite changes...and nothing else.

And again, I'm sorry to bother you like this once again, weasel.
Last edited by Captain J on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

Ed the Bat wrote:On the subject of altered versions of this project, I suppose I can also mention that I've been working with Lippeth a bit as he updates his Stripped & Strangled variant, which has been condensed into an add-on patch instead of a stand-alone, and is being updated to work smoothly with the GitHub dev build of Nazis.
Speakin on your' and lippeth's version will you be making this more stable with strife?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Huh, I didn't know there was a github version of this, I'm glad it's still being worked on. Has anything big been changed in it?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

-Ghost- wrote:Huh, I didn't know there was a github version of this, I'm glad it's still being worked on. Has anything big been changed in it?
At the moment? No, not really. Ed the Bat's been sending me pull requests to improve the code formatting and other under-the-hood stuff that shouldn't affect gameplay that much, and I think some improvements to the multi-IWAD support. Aside from that, nothing major.

I do at some point want to toy with the idea of changing the weapon inventory system so that you get one pistol slot, two long-weapon slots, and a melee button instead of the separate Shovel weapon, but that'd require a significant overhaul of how the weapons are coded, as well as rolling a whole new inventory and weapon drop script, because I'm not sure that the MagnumOpus/DoomRLA method is necessarily the most efficient anymore.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

That sounds like a good change if you can make it work. You could probably go with the Medal of Honor system, pistol, rifle, SMG, MG, grenades, heavy/explosive weapon.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Hey, Captain J. Hope I'm not intruding with this, but I spent some of today converting your adaptation of Nazis into an add-on patch, instead of a stand-alone package. Now, if changes are made to things that aren't directly related to what you've done, the results should come through automatically. This will also allow weasel and I to examine just what you added/changed, specifically, to see if maybe there are materials worth pulling in to the main project.

I did my best to capture all of your changes correctly, but I'm not perfect, so I apologize if I made any mistakes, and I would be glad to fix them (not that you couldn't do it on your own, of course).

Remember, this will now need to be loaded on top of the official project, which you can get from GitHub (I'll also be linking my latest version of it here, to save you a step).
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

oooh boy, thanks for making it less heavy! nothing's new or changed, i like that! anyway i see a lot of problems with weapon reloads. some of weapons are won't reload, keeps inserts ammo even it's full and must keep press reload button to refill it.

other than that, brilliant work!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”