Get it here! (V2.11 hotfix, 6/1/2012) (Or development versions via Github)
(Also the optional Tauntpacks)
The official forum thread of a mod previously only released via Youtube, IRC, and the WIP thread in Off-Topic.
WP:N is the latest mod from wildweasel (Diaz, Style Mod). What's different with this mod compared to others? Let's see...
- Nazis. Nazis, nazis, and more nazis. There is not a single enemy in this mod that is not directly affiliated with Hitler's Third Reich. Yes, this includes the dogs.
- Loads of (mostly) period-accurate World War II weaponry, from Walthers and MP-40s to Sturmgewehrs and the Klein Nebelwerfer (wait, that's not period-accurate)!
- Cheap-ass Goldeneye reloading gets you back in the action faster!
- Tracer effects replace hitscans and give you a slight chance to actually dodge bullets!
- German enemies that actually speak German (mostly)!
- Nonsensical difficulty setting names provided by Google Translate!
- Weapon recoil that demands use of mouselook!
Please let me know any feedback, balance issues, or suggestions!
Issues for everybody that isn't me:
- If the game complains about Weapon.BobStyle or YesNo, update your freaking ZDoom
Changes since the Final version:
- Most weapons that are placed in maps were changed - instead of being the same guns you can get off the nazis themselves, they are now the Thompson (replaces Chaingun), the PPSh-41 (replaces the Plasma Rifle), and the Lee-Enfield (replaces the Chainsaw). With the exception of the Enfield, they take unique ammo types and come with piles of ammo.
- The FG-42 is now dropped (half the time) by Paratroopers. The other half the time, he drops a 5-round Mauser clip.
- MP-40 sped up by half a tic.
- StG-44 slowed down by two tics, power beefed, and ammo drops reduced to suit.
- Officers now drop Lugers instead of P-38s. The Luger does slightly less damage but is more accurate, and can be fired as fast as you can click the trigger.
- Dr. Schabbs no longer glows in the dark.
- Weapon bobbing now altered, thanks to Xaser for implementing that in ZDoom.
- Reloading now requires a press of the ZDoom standard issue Weapon Reload key instead of Altfire.
- Flamethrower received a crap ton of updates, including better animations, MUCH improved flame projectiles, and it now needs to be reloaded!
- Majorly fixed up and updated the Lore text.
THE CREDITS LISTING:
- See ww-nazis-v2-lore.txt