SBrightmaps.pk3 - Doom IWAD Brightmaps

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Leonard2

Re: SBrightmaps.pk3 - Doom IWAD Brightmaps

Post by Leonard2 »

Since this has been bumped once again, does anyone know if there are better brightmaps or if the author have updated this pk3 as of today ?
Also when was the pk3 last updated ?
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

Are these still better than the brightmaps of gzdoom?
GZDooms file is by 2012 and this one 2011. So I wonder which one is better? Still this one?
__
On a short test, these still seem to be better.
The filesize of this one is muuuuch higher as well though. So this would assume this one is better

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4200 ... 105252.png

wow.. that example looks awesome ...
Average

Post by Average »

I have an older laptop with an nVidia 7950 GTX GPU in it but these brightmaps don't seem to fully work on it (ie/ no glowing eyes). I presume it's an OGL thing but is there a workaround for this? It's not like the GPU is rubbish... :P

PS: @ Leonard2 and De-M-oN: As far as I'm aware these are the most 'fleshed out' brightmaps for GZDoom. All in all, it's a pretty nice package. :)
vorty

Post by vorty »

Curious what other brightmaps people are using besides this one posted by the OP? This one (Sbrightmaps) seem to be the favorite in the forum, but does anyone have another set that they use? I'm aware that "BrightmapsDoom2.pk3" is popular as well as well.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

vorty wrote:Curious what other brightmaps people are using besides this one posted by the OP? This one (Sbrightmaps) seem to be the favorite in the forum, but does anyone have another set that they use? I'm aware that "BrightmapsDoom2.pk3" is popular as well as well.
I use the ones that come with Brutal Pack which are VERY thorough and compatible with all the great changes made in Brutal Pack.
Average

Post by Average »

^
Does the Brutal Pack have the glowing eyes like SBrightmaps? That's the single biggest reason why I use it. Those glowing eyes coming at you out of the dark is super cool.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Definitely plus more!
Average

Post by Average »

I'll give them a try. I'm pretty impressed by SBrightmaps but I'm always willing to try something else. :)
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

anyone got a fresh dl link for this?
VitSm

Post by VitSm »

There is working link on the previous page

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”