[WIP] Doom: Evil Unleashed -- announcement

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HexaDoken

Re: [WIP] Doom: Evil Unleashed

Post by HexaDoken »

Or you can don't even bother with coming up with a plausible excuse, because I so far have never seen a map complaint that says "I don't think this <insert futuristic thing> will look this way in next century".

Not to mention, the real deal will almost always look boring and unimpressive compared to what a creative mind can come up with.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

What if a creative mind came up with the real deal? ;)

Sure, no one has said "I don't think this <insert futuristic thing> will look this way in next century" but that's not the point. Making the map look pleasing and logical (at least within its own logic) is the point and part of that would mean picking theme-appropriate looking scenery - but that doesn't have to be future-accurate scenery (and we don't know what that will look like anyway). :)
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

We have secondary fuel drums now :p

This is very preliminary however.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yup, that little crate and drum collection beside a techy alcove just helps make the place feel like it has some kind of function - and one that is consistent with the name "hangar". I can believe that a spacecraft support technician would go into that alcove and do "technical things" to ensure that the craft was fit and ready to fly again. :)
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

I'm not too crazy about the little details and the slopes--I'd prefer if the architecture is more "Doom the Way Id Might Have Done", something that looks like it could run on a 486SX.
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

The overall architecture of the hangar is actually quite simple and part of my intention is to combine mapper's styles with engine stuff that was intended for the engine but was cut out (slopes, [psuedo]room over room, etc.)

Also
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Yeah, not to mention that Tom wanted things to look "realistic", but let's not forget that the finished Doom was actually really rushed and most planned features were dropped (within those were slopes and room-over-room architecture).

Also, kinda unrelated, but I made a blog for Doom EU development where you can ask us questions, submit stuff and such. Anybody interested in it, should give it a visit. I think I'll be updating it more often than this thread (mainly because this thread is for important announcements and the blog is just for miscellaneous stuff).
Olroda

Post by Olroda »

I like the look of it, and I have to ask... Will there be an actual spacecraft in the hangar?
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Olroda wrote:Will there be an actual spacecraft in the hangar?
Not in this hangar ;)
jaws45

Post by jaws45 »

sure hope its not to late to help, i like to do sprite work, can do some decorate work. love doom modding.
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

-snip-
Last edited by Marnetmar on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Shame's on you for posting something not updated.

Here's the actual mockup:
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

If Doomguy does not have a Mega-Soundchair I want my money back.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Seeing as Doomguy is on Mars, and this game takes place on Tei Tenga, you probably don't have to put your money in this to begin with.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Doomguy is everywhere.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”