Winter's Fury

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Winter's Fury: 1.2 Polish Update

Post by Major Cooke »

Map05A: There's two D.A.R.K.ness's. When you exit out into the massive outdoor area, look off to the distant right. If anyone has noticed this before the 1.2 update, his position was never removed from there.

Also, you can "kill" darkness by shooting at it with explosives in the beginning of the map.
Spoiler: Darkception!
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Major Cooke wrote:
Spoiler: Darkception!
Gimme that shotgun!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

it's from aeons of death, so you gotta type the cheat; idkfa or idfa and select the shotgun slot and there ya go, have fun with aeons of death.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

I will
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

It's not that easy. :P
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Right because if I recall correctly AEoD has inventory limiters IE you can carry X ammounts of slot Y weapons but if you want that shiny new weapon Z that just dropped from an enemy you'll have to drop something else to be able to grab it
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

unticking a weapons limit always helped the gameplay, to me. though.
Lycaon

Post by Lycaon »

Ok, this is my new favorite wad together with BoA. This is just massive, and it has everything I expect to see in modern Doom projects (all the things you don't normally see): Boss fights, Characters, narrative, cutscenes, visual effects, new weapons, new monsters, and most importantly, a unique style. This engine has potential for all of these things and almost nobody seems to take advantage of it, instead they prefer doing what's been done a million times already. I'm not saying everything should be like this, but come on, there are far to few projects like this. I'm loving every bit of this. I'm currently at the part after you are saved by the colonel, that was pretty epic, I raised my arms and nearly screamed when the music kicked in and you see the marines standing on the SUV. Nice touches everywhere, I can't say how much I'm liking this enough.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

uh....well this looks bad ass.

downloading.

edit: every time that i try to run it i get a crash on my video card oddly enough that says the application needs to close?

edit again: never mind, played it with the newest gzdoom build and it started right up.

edit third time: if you dont get a cacoward for this...someone is getting their dickhole smashed.
Lycaon

Post by Lycaon »

This is positively the most epic wad i have ever played
BFG

Post by BFG »

was following development of this years ago when there was a photo of an aqua Duke Nukem alien. I thought the colors of this mod were beautiful. I can now finally play it! it's a shame that this thread has been quiet since 2014, I thought maybe there's an update.
Pyroscourge

Post by Pyroscourge »

cortlong50 wrote:edit third time: if you dont get a cacoward for this...someone is getting their dickhole smashed.
Winter's Fury won a Cacoward already in December 2012.
BFG wrote:was following development of this years ago when there was a photo of an aqua Duke Nukem alien. I thought the colors of this mod were beautiful. I can now finally play it! it's a shame that this thread has been quiet since 2014, I thought maybe there's an update.
Then you may be surprised to know that I do update the mod every now and then, the most recent of which being about 6 hours ago! I don't post about it since they really aren't massive changes, just bug fixes and slight adjustments here and there. The biggest update was back in late 2013, where I polished the mod's original rushed form from the 2012 release, and since then I've added a few notable changes, like the redesign of a few areas in MAP03/MAP04A/B, a working berserk power-up, brightmaps for the monsters and weapons, and even an improved puzzle in MAP07B.

Either way, thank you for the comments everyone. Knowing that you're enjoying the work that I wasted part of my life on makes me feel much better about it even existing in the first place. Thank you all very much, and I truly mean that.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

A new update! Perhaps I won't need to keep the experimental build I made for you so many years ago, anymore.

Code: Select all

gameinfo
{
	playerclasses="WinterPlayer"
}
Aww, you've made me so happy! :D
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Pyroscourge wrote:
cortlong50 wrote:edit third time: if you dont get a cacoward for this...someone is getting their dickhole smashed.
Winter's Fury won a Cacoward already in December 2012.

im an idiot
Oniria

Re: Winter's Fury

Post by Oniria »

I just registered to be able to post this here.

I was rly looking forward to playing this but upon loading the wad with the latest gzdoom I keep getting a very fatal error.

It doesnt even load (as in going ingame), all I can hear is some wind sounds and it shuts off with a fatal error message.

Ive tried some older versions, namely 2.4.0 , wich causes the same thing.

I dont know wth is going on but Im bummed and dissapointed. :cry:

Anything to try to resolve this would be of great help.
Id be sorely dissapointed if I have to resort to skip playing this althogether.

Return to “Levels”