Crossbow (poison bolts): The bolts travel significantly faster, but in a slight arc. For both ammunition types, your accuracy stat decreases random spread.
Crossbow (electric): Now a useful weapon! The bolts travel faster (though in a slight arc), and will stun most enemies for a moment on impact. It also deals doubled damage to fully mechanical enemies. Due to these enhancements, a pack of electric bolts will provide 10 instead of 20.
Assault gun: Requires manual reloading, with 30-bullet clips. Short bursts are more accurate. Accuracy stat reduces muzzle climb and spread.
Pulse Rifle: This new weapon is most effective in the early game. It will kill an acolyte with a single shot , but has a slow rate of fire and uses energy pods which are scarce early on. Alt-fire toggles the scope, which has 3x zoom (let's say it uses a camera for it ). While in the scope, the accuracy of the shots are increased dramatically. Damage improves with your accuracy stat.
Mini-Missile Launcher: Missiles move faster. Missiles appear to be half the size of strife's originals.
Grenade Launcher: Now fires one grenade at a time. Grenades now travel farther, and have two firing modes. Normal attack has less velocity, but the grenades bounce around until their fuse detonates them. Alt-fire increases the velocity of the grenades, and makes them detonate on impact with any surface.
Flame Thrower: The flame thrower now acts much more like a real flamethrower. The projectiles have a longer range and burn through enemies. Alternate attack sprays fuel on the ground, which can be ignited by the flamethrower or napalm grenades.
Mauler: Fires a massive glob of plasma, which explodes into a wave of deadly energy. It has a very high ammo cost, so it is not suited for standard combat. The projectile phases through humans and has a very large blast radius, so be careful.
Sigil: No changes... yet
Robotic Enemies: Robotic enemies will now drop energy pods of varying size. Most will not always drop the item.
Acolytes: At short range, they unleash an endless stream of bullets. At a distance, they will fire bursts of three accurate rounds. (sort of mimicking the player's behaviour) Their rate of fire is now roughly equivalent to that of the player's assault gun. Variants armed with crossbows, flame throwers, and mini missile launchers will randomly spawn in place of tan acolytes. Red and Gold acolytes spawn with new weapons.
Sentinel: Doubled firing rate. When stunned, they will stop bobbing for a moment.
Stalker: 1 in 3 chance of being armed with a front-mounted gun.
Crusader: Now has a chance of dropping a few mini missiles and flamethrower fuel.
Inquisitor: Now has a chance of dropping a few HE grenades, and no longer immune to explosions.
- You take less damage.
- Easy spawn filter.
- Easy spawn filter.
- Normal Spawn filter.
- Hard spawn filter.
- You take more damage.
- Enemies are more aggressive.
- Allies are weaker.
- Hard spawn filter.
- You take more damage.
- Enemies are even more aggressive.
- Allies are even weaker.
- Nightmare spawn filter.
- Enemies respawn.
- Removed my custom HUD. It was horrible. The graphics and code still exist in the pk3, however, so you can easily re-enable it if you so desire.
- Added Mini Missile and Flamethrower acolytes (replace gold and red acolytes respectively, and spawn along with tan acolytes).
- Mini Missile launcher fires more quickly.
- Grenade launcher behaviour altered.
- Flamethrower now has an alternate attack and does not rip through robots, but robots are no longer immune to its damage.
- As a result of above, phosphorus grenades are more powerful.
- Phosphorus grenades and the flamethrower now use a unique ammo type; it spawns in place of phosphorus grenades and is dropped by some enemies. It can be bought from Irale by asking for phosphor grenades after capturing the castle.
- The pk3 is now much more organized than before.
- Added "alternate" player class; currently the only change is that it starts with a different punch dagger.
- Mauler behaviour altered - it now causes a large expanding explosion with no projectile wave; this removes the lag from firing it. It also has powerful backward recoil which is reduced by your accuracy stat. It also hurts you now.
- Grenade Launcher, Flamethrower, Mauler, and Pulse Rifle are now affected by your accuracy stat. The first three get reduced recoil, and the last gets increased firepower.
- Added torch effect sight-check to main pk3.
- Removed the arbitrary damage increase on most of the skill settings. The mod isn't nearly as mind-blowingly difficult any more.
- Swapped out A_JabDagger calls with A_CustomPunch (perfectly emulates the damage formula, but the range is slightly off)
- Added "Fuel Canisters", which serve as ammunition for the flamethrower and phosphorus grenade launcher.
- Phosphorus grenades use 1 HE grenade and some Fuel to launch.
- Changed Pulse Rifle's spread formula. It is not affected by accuracy.
- Revamped the Acolyte's ammo system. It's much cleaner and less buggy now (they also start with a full clip)
- Reduced the damage of the Inquisitor's grenades (my GOD I hate those things...)
- Other stuff I'm too lazy to write down.
- Re-enabled default HUD.
- Reduced spawn chance of poison crossbow acolytes, and increased spawn chance of electric crossbow acolytes.
- Optimized pk3 a bit.
- Updated Punch Dagger behaviour.
- Fixed animation for right-hand strike, which apparently nobody noticed was broken.
- Will no longer gib enemies.
- Removed forward momentum.
- Updated Assault Gun behaviour.
- Slightly more accurate at the start, but cannot be made 100% accurate with accuracy upgrades.
- The first shot is considerably more accurate, with degrading accuracy for the next 3 shots (full-auto results in the worst accuracy). This is my take on "short, controlled bursts"
- Vertical recoil is a bit stronger, but is decreased by your accuracy stat.
- Updated Pulse Rifle behaviour.
- Added two attack modes:
- Standard Mode: shotgun-like attack reminiscient of the mauler. Accuracy improves with accuracy stat (subject to change).
- Sniper Mode: concentrates damage into a small area. Activated by entering the scope.
- Modified animation of scope.
-Updated MiniMissile Launcher behaviour
- Reduced firing speed.
- *Updated Grenade Launcher Behaviour
- Reverted to dual-weapon setup for phosphorus and HE grenades.
- *Updated Mauler behaviour
- Removed primary attack.
- Increased Ammo consumption to 80 per shot.
- Acolytes now drop extra ammo depending on their weapon.
- Updated torch effects.
- Changed the punch dagger to use an animation which looks like stabbing rather than slashing.
- Punch dagger has had the forward motion reduced (to reduce a speed boost exploit).
- The kick has a different effect on the player.
- Removed "zoom" alias.
- Added the new HUD (full screen only)
- Added "new" sound effects:
- Machinegun shot from Eriguns.wad (Xaser, where did you get that from?)
- A rocket launcher sound. I think it's used in Stronghold, but I have no idea where it's originally from.
- Rocket explosion from Stronghold's HRL.
- Added particle effects to the torches (WIP)
- Fixed the mauler's ammo consumption.
- Inquisitors are no longer immune to explosions.
- Lowered the spread on the pulse rifle.
- Added a scope to the pulse rifle.
- Reduced the Mauler's ROF.
- Removed the pistol.
- Added the pulse rifle.
- Finally fixed the crossbow acolytes.
- Changed the mauler's stats.
- Revamped the flame thrower.
- Added multiple aesthetic effects to the weapons.
- Grenades now explode on impact with enemies.
- Grenades travel farther.
- Probably other stuff I've forgotten.
- Added blood spray effect (purely aesthetic).
- Modified animation speed for most puff actors.
- Completely revamped the punch dagger.
- Skill levels have been modified. See above.
- Added kick.
- Added Pistol.
- Fixed the GOD DAMN grenade launcher, again.
- Acolytes and stalkers will no longer spawn when the "No Monsters" DMFlag is set... I hope.
- Documented edited skill levels.
- Acolytes with assault guns must now reload after 30 shots, and before they can attack the player.
- Added electric crossbow acolytes.
- Added poison crossbow acolytes. (this and above will randomly replace tan acolytes)
- Both bolts are now affected by gravity.
- I'm trying to get the mini-missiles to home in on your target, but I can't confirm whether it works or not.
- Fixed grenade launcher (graphics and attack functions were messed up)
- Tweaked the punch dagger... again.
- Player will now regenerate health up to 25.
- When you health is low, your screen will fade to red. The worse your wounds, the worse your vision.
- Added multiple effects to some of the weapons.
- Mauler primary fire behaves quite differently.
- Mauler wave projectiles now rip through enemies.
- Assault gun now has a 30-round clip, but no alt-fire. (borrowed reload animation from WW's weapon mod )
- Grenade Launcher will rotate the player's camera, depending on the direction of its recoil.
- Flamethrower Alt-fire removed.
- Punch dagger edited slightly (attack functions are no longer simultaneous).
- Added the following hotkeys:
- Use Medical Kit
- Use Med Patch
Version 2: Purely bug fix release.
- Fixed oracle quest.
- Mauler effects are no longer used.
- Gun stalkers now spawn on the floor.
Download (DRDTeam File Host) : Endless Strife V11 (requires GZDoom r1307 or newer)