[Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Seeking dev assistance re:ZScript

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: [Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- v10 in the works

Post by Gez »

I use SLADE 3. :p
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

At the request of Tarnsman, who is currently trying to play through ALL of Maximum Doom 2 (yes, all 1,600 wads) and whose sanity is slowly degrading at being subjected to D_RUNNIN for just about every single map, I created this little mod which you can load with Jukebox v9 (it will work with v10 and all its music packs) to completely skip the playlist generator, and load up any map with an instantly and randomly chosen music track from the Jukebox.

Download Instant Randomizer: http://jimmy.the-powerhouse.net/WAD/juke_randomizer.pk3

You will need to load this and j-jukebox-v9.pk3 together.

Note: It will randomize the music of a map again if you die and don't save. (I'd prefer to keep it this way, honestly, otherwise we'll be getting into playlist generating again.)
Last edited by Jimmy on Sun May 18, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Welp. Might be about time to give this a try again. Though the number of tracks to choose from is always intimidating. :P
Discordance

Re: [Music] Jimmy's Jukebox -- Instant Randomizer for v9!

Post by Discordance »

Heh, I'd say there's not enough tracks to choose from. Needs more megaWAD soundtracks, that's why I'm excited for V10.
Also, I noticed that some of stewboy's CC4 tracks are present, but not sadly not Hell's Limits. Why was that?

I like the idea of total randomisation as well, cool addition.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

I really need to add a bunch of Stewboy's tracks to this, but he doesn't seem to make his as public as I do - plus he no longer names them, which makes remembering which tracks are used where a bit troublesome. :?

I just updated the randomizer to fix a small issue wherein the randomization occurred even after a playlist was generated. The "now playing" messages for the randomizer also now display the lumpname of the track that's played, in case you want to change back to it again for whatever reason.
Average

Post by Average »

I was just wondering if it would be possible to display the track title that's playing on the pause screen? It would be a nice way to check the name again especially when using the (lovely) randomiser. :)
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

The pause screen? No can do - pausing the game pauses everything, including scripts.

The name and lumpname of the randomized track is logged to the console, however - you can drop that down to check it again.
Average

Post by Average »

Ah well. Thanks for the console tip though. :)
Dele

Post by Dele »

Hows v10 coming up ? Unholy Realms had a great soundtrack and i'm anxious to play some other wads with it :)
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Sorry, haven't worked on this for a while - too busy with other things. Not abandoning it though.
doony

Post by doony »

I love this mod, we need more of that kind, have lots of tcs, weapon mods, mega wads, but stuff mods I think Its a kind new and for me It is amasing, this mod is 10/10 perfect
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Yay, thanks! :D

Still currently working on a few other things right now so v10 will be a while. Thanks for your patience!
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

The links don't work. Do you know why? Always it says infernal error, maybe alternate link, please?
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

It's temporary, the-powerhouse.net is having some issues today. (I'm on the same host, which is why the page sometimes gets semi-stuck on loading my avatar.)
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

In the meantime, here's v9 with the randomizer built in. http://www.mediafire.com/download/wdm98 ... ukebox.pk3 (doom2 music is removed)

nevermind, it appears to work now.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”