Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Average

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Average »

I know this is probably a silly question but does anyone know if the final 0.19 release will have Doom support again? I'm enjoying the test build immensely but it's driving me mad that I can't use it with all the Doom wads. :(
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

where can i download the test build? i cannot find it anywhere.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

Rowsol wrote:http://youtu.be/lcYmtFIhEPE

Quoted from the video:

When I loaded this stage my fps was 2. That was just standing there at the beginning. I decided to do a little experiment to see what the cause is of the massive fps drop. I deleted the entire "states" section of each monster. What this controls is the monster A.I. and the death animations. As you can see from the video it made a massive difference. I was able to do that room, while recording, and stay above 40 fps.

While I was able to keep some fancy effects, some of them are combined in the states, such as the mastermind's minigun.

Now I realize this is no longer brutal doom anymore with no deaths but like I said, it's an experiment.

taken from my comment on your vid

elitewarrior5000 1 second ago

no lag at all.. dont suppose this would also apply to BFG spamming severly killing the frame rate
·

also it would be nice if sarge did a couple compromises that wouldnt effect brutal doom that much that could improve general framerate for everyone... also i do notice that despite the chainsaws new improved power.. i been getting severe lag when using it on demons for example... (map 05 of no rest for the living vivisection is where i noticed when i chainsawed the demons in the chainsaw room)
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

cortlong50 wrote:where can i download the test build? i cannot find it anywhere.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3s1c ... ltests.zip
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

LegendaryFalco wrote:
cortlong50 wrote:where can i download the test build? i cannot find it anywhere.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3s1c ... ltests.zip
thanks buddy.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

LegendaryFalco wrote:

no lag at all.. dont suppose this would also apply to BFG spamming severly killing the frame rate
·

also it would be nice if sarge did a couple compromises that wouldnt effect brutal doom that much that could improve general framerate for everyone... also i do notice that despite the chainsaws new improved power.. i been getting severe lag when using it on demons for example... (map 05 of no rest for the living vivisection is where i noticed when i chainsawed the demons in the chainsaw room)
BFG cause drops because of the intensity of the animation. For me personally it's peanuts compared to the general slow down from lots of guys.

In case anyone didn't see it, http://youtu.be/lcYmtFIhEPE
rowsol wrote:On a side note: Is there a reason why fastmonsters doesn't increase the Demon bite speed? It does in vanilla doom but not on here.
Found out the bite is missing the "fast" tag.
Last edited by Rowsol on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

Rowsol wrote:
LegendaryFalco wrote:

·

BFG cause drops because of the intensity of the animation. For me personally it's peanuts compared to the general slow down from lots of guys.

In case anyone didn't see it, http://youtu.be/lcYmtFIhEPE

well thats true slaughter maps are a pain to play with the extreme lag from high amounts of enemies
Scootaloler

Post by Scootaloler »

When did Mark post the v.19 beta? He usually would make a video offering the download.
Perhaps... He secretly posted it?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

He posted it quietly, because he just wanted it internally tested here, I believe.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brütal Doom v0.19 Final Test Modified

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi everyone!

Meanwhile we all are still waiting for BD19 final, I have created a slightly modified version of last v19 final test, just for fun.

Hope you'll enjoy it (and not hate it...) :P

Here is the (small) list of changes:
- Changed the old v18 minigun and R-launcher sprites for new v19 ones published in previous test releases.
- Increased back the max-bullet ammo from 200 to 300 (because 200 it's TOO low, viva old BD times!)
- Modified the Help and Credit pages for displaying the correct BD version. (And auto-credit me, by the way...) :3:
- Fixed: now the reloading animation of R-launcher doesn't show old v18 sprites. (Thanks Quadruplesword!) :)
- Fixed: now Perkristian's nickname is correctly displayed in Credits page (previous misprint: Perkirstian).
- Updated: increased Revenant's Hell Missile Launcher max ammo from 50 to 100 (200 with backpack). You know, HML's new rate of fire on this version wastes more ammo than usual, and you run out of fire too rapidly in a similar way like the 400-bullet minigun. So doubling the max capacity mitigates this problem... :wink:
- Updated: increased Mancubus' Flame Cannon max ammo from 30 to 50 (100 with backpack). Now you can roast hordes of imps and pinkies without worrying about running out of flames! Ha ha ha... :twisted:

Also tried to restore the old v18 TR'ish "Find-a-secret" sound, but sadly no luck... Anybody knows how to do it? :?:

DOWNLOAD LINK (UPDATED):
Spoiler:
Have a good doom-killing! 8-)
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

Awesome stuff :D . One small problem, though. If you look closely at the rocket launcher, you can see it turning back into the v18 rocket launcher during its reload animation.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Wait what?...I REAAAAAALY hope hes not really changing the bullet cap back, as is the chain-gun was weak in vanilla, and it was mostly very slowly "dumping" damage onto enemies, which required huge amounts to be effective. And in BD this is even more the case, 200 bullets wont cut it, and 400 just doesn't feel right anymore with the backpack. Especially since shotguns got a slight buff, but bullets stayed the same, and with how chainguns gobbles down ammo for breakfast, cutting the ammo cap that much is going to REALLY hurt. ='(
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

As far as I know the only way to increase the cap is with the dehacked lump, which he's removing due to compatibility with wads. I personally use it still and the only issue I've seen is sometimes the map names aren't right when you open your automap.

Perhaps he could make the minigun shoot slower and the bullets do more damage so that the 200 feels like 300.

BTW, my 23 inch monitor of 3.5 years just died. I'm typing this on my mom's 13 inch emachines monitor that is at least 7 years old. Hanns-G blows.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'm using a Hanns-G monitor right now and haven't had any problems with it since I bought in '11.

Anyway, uh, if that's the problem why not just make the minigun use a custom ammo type? I'm sure those are supported in Zand.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

yes, I GUESS dehacked lumps can cause problems...maybe you could make a side tweak mod (like the current list of mutators) to make it NOT read the ammo change file? That way it would make compatibility work, and still give us chain-gunners a full belt of ammo.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”