Brütal Doom v0.18

For in-development or completed ZDoom projects
Forum rules
Got a cool project idea but nothing else? This forum is NOT for you! Put it in this thread instead!
Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Brütal Doom v0.16 - Cruelty Bonus!

Postby BoraxKid » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:45 pm

Can somebody tell me how do I enable the brightmaps on Brutal Doom?
BoraxKid

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm

they should be on by default the first time you started up GZDoom. if not, check for the Shaders Option tab, or something similarily named like that, in the OpenGL tab of Display Options in the menu. if you don't see any such tab, then your graphics card doesn't support the shaders GZDoom uses.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Postby Valherran » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:59 pm

The Ultimate Brutal Arsenal will be an expansion pack for Brutal Doom to come up in late November. It will feature near 50 new weapons.

A large variety of pistols, assault rifles, machineguns, rocket launchers, energy weapons, snipers, flamethrowers, grenades, and even nukes will be included.

Can't wait! ^^
Valherran

Postby Vaecrius » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:02 pm

I just noticed a small cosmetic bug: go from fists, switch to any other weapon, your sprite is holding the rifle during the switch (all other weapons show the old weapon).

...also I love how the rifle altfire gets its own animation.
Vaecrius
Team Bad Allocation, blast off at the speed of light!

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Neccronixis » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:22 am

There's a problem with the orientation of the mancubus sprites when you circle him as he's attacking. You'll know what I mean.
Neccronixis

Postby southpark2010 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 pm

The Ultimate Brutal Arsenal will be an expansion pack for Brutal Doom to come up in late November. It will feature near 50 new weapons.

A large variety of pistols, assault rifles, machineguns, rocket launchers, energy weapons, snipers, flamethrowers, grenades, and even nukes will be included.

Oh yes.
southpark2010
GAHH! Zombies with big guns...

Postby Mr. Chris » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm doing videos for those!
Mr. Chris
Ask me about Oblige

Postby BoraxKid » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:they should be on by default the first time you started up GZDoom. if not, check for the Shaders Option tab, or something similarily named like that, in the OpenGL tab of Display Options in the menu. if you don't see any such tab, then your graphics card doesn't support the shaders GZDoom uses.

Will this work on Zandronum?
BoraxKid

Postby southpark2010 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 am

BoraxKid wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:they should be on by default the first time you started up GZDoom. if not, check for the Shaders Option tab, or something similarily named like that, in the OpenGL tab of Display Options in the menu. if you don't see any such tab, then your graphics card doesn't support the shaders GZDoom uses.

Will this work on Zandronum?

They should do, yes.
southpark2010

Postby Hellstorm Archon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:29 am

Hellstorm Archon
Will debase self for street cred.

Postby Mr. Chris » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:41 pm

How can I disable imp pounce but still have the player fatality work if he's killed? I wonder because I want to restore the monster attacks to classic, but I'd make hitscans back to the zombies but don't know.
Mr. Chris
Ask me about Oblige

Postby southpark2010 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 am

If you edit out the right leg on some of its frames, that could be another leg amputation.
southpark2010

Postby Cataflexia » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi guys!

There is a possibility to bring Brutal Doom compatible with Freedoom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvp-EgRha5Y

I I think that is a great idea to play Freedoom with Brutal Doom, because Freedoom are great but it need mor gore, and a modern gameplay style. So, Brutal Doom bring to Freedoom a perfect combination. The only bad thing is that some animations of the enemy sprites are wrong (of course, Brutaldoom not are made for Freedoom).

All the rest into the Freedoom work OK with Brutal Doom.

I think that is a great candidate for a great idea (Freedoom to be compatible with Brutal Doom).

Your comments. :wink:
Cataflexia

Postby ChronoSeth » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:42 pm

That would require an absolutely ridiculous amount of work to pull off.
ChronoSeth
You are totally unique... just like everyone else.

Postby LkMax » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:34 pm

I would like to ask if there's any chance to update and/or lower the volume of the zombie sounds and synchronize the slow death/pain mode with it's respective sounds? I mean, the monster is agonizing and screaming but when you shoot him he keeps screaming and it's sound is really, really annoying.

Great mod by the way, nailed the visual and AI update. Unfortunately there's too much gore per enemy but I guess that's the intention of the mod. :?
LkMax

PreviousNext

Return to Projects