Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
PaskaTykki

Re: Brütal Doom v0.16 - Cruelty Bonus!

Post by PaskaTykki »

That Sarge new video. Does enemys always take damage when they fall, or only when they kicked down?

Can somebody make addon where shells and magazines stay forever? :)

Pretty cool trailer. :)
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Ghostbreed wrote:
This audio glitch is driving me nuts, and only me and some other guy have the experience of this?!
I fixed it. Replace the text in the file TORCHES with this (or just save this to a text file with the name TORCHES and load it after Brutal Doom):
Spoiler: TORCHES
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

jpalomo wrote:
Ghostbreed wrote:
This audio glitch is driving me nuts, and only me and some other guy have the experience of this?!
I fixed it. Replace the text in the file TORCHES with this (or just save this to a text file with the name TORCHES and load it after Brutal Doom):
Spoiler: TORCHES
Good work, son.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Fancy some falling damage? :D
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Another fucked-up glitch, guys:
BlueFireZ88
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Let me guess...Evilution?

If so, this is due in part to Team TNT combining several wall textures (mainly switches) and the waterfall texture as a single wall texture. While the animated warp for waterfalls works fine in Plutonia, due to the fact the textures are made like that in Evilution work cause this bug. Best thing you can do is either try and adjust the waterfall warp DECORATE to work specifically with Plutonia (which I haven't figured out), or make a seperate add-on.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Yeah, it's Evilution... :/
mizzouSCN

Post by mizzouSCN »

Is there a build of Brutal Doom which keeps all the enemies, guns, etc (i.e. the underlying game mechanics) unchanged but preserves the upgraded violence effects (splatters, exploding bodies, stuff like that)?

I hear Beautiful Doom sort of does that but it doesn't seem to compare to Brutal Doom.

e: I've tried Brutal Doom Lite, and that'd be perfect, except that the aim on the pistol is about 5 degrees low of the crosshair, and it still has those ridiculous fast zombies
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

mizzouSCN wrote:Is there a build of Brutal Doom which keeps all the enemies, guns, etc (i.e. the underlying game mechanics) unchanged but preserves the upgraded violence effects (splatters, exploding bodies, stuff like that)?

I hear Beautiful Doom sort of does that but it doesn't seem to compare to Brutal Doom.

e: I've tried Brutal Doom Lite, and that'd be perfect, except that the aim on the pistol is about 5 degrees low of the crosshair, and it still has those ridiculous fast zombies
I uploaded my own version I play with a few pages back, it has the default Doomguy sounds and reverts the monsters back to mostly vanilla stats. http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... mv016b.pk3 It's not perfect, but it's a bit easier and more like vanilla Doom.
mizzouSCN

Post by mizzouSCN »

-Ghost- wrote:I uploaded my own version I play with a few pages back, it has the default Doomguy sounds and reverts the monsters back to mostly vanilla stats. http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... mv016b.pk3 It's not perfect, but it's a bit easier and more like vanilla Doom.
This is pretty good, thanks! Are you planning to do any more modifications to this, like putting the pistol back in for the assault rifle, removing manual reloads, imps stop jumping, etc?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Unfortunately that's about as much as I know how to do in the files. :P
BlueFireZ88
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

You may not have noticed, but the new Zombie sounds for V16 are from the Doom 3 beta, the ones made by Trent Reznor. I didn't know until I looked at the Doom 3 addon I had for them.
sjampansee

Post by sjampansee »

My first MONKEY GAME COMMENT movie is not dedicated to those filthy COD or BF3 games (which i obviously love as well but all thanks to their grandfather DooM ofcourse) but to your excellent MOD Brutal DooM!
It is my very first attempt to commentate a game in my own ape way. So enjoy. And thanks again for making DooM and all the megawads even more replayable with this gory mod of yours. anyway on to the MONKEY CARNAGE: :3:

You know how loud your game mod is but combined with my monkey sounds its even worse, lower the volume for your own ear protection....
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

BlueFireZ88 wrote:You may not have noticed, but the new Zombie sounds for V16 are from the Doom 3 beta, the ones made by Trent Reznor. I didn't know until I looked at the Doom 3 addon I had for them.
I knew. :D
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Whenever a new version comes out I like to tinker with it so the attack frequencies back down to id originals (no +MISSILEMORE or +MISSILEEVENMORE, removing zombieman's 3 shot attack, etc) so it's easier for recording.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”