Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brütal Doom v0.16 - Cruelty Bonus!

Post by armymen12002003 »

Mr. Chris wrote:I prefer the Nazis.
i agree
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Might as well make the Nazis an optional pack. But I for one would like to see Zombie/Demon Marines with all of Doomguy's loadout randomely scattered throughout the level(s).
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Nazi have funny alert sound. I dont understand what they say.
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I have been considering the idea of replacing nazis by a strong human enemy like rocket zombies or zombie marines, and making a separated patch that introduces the nazis. What you think about?
so those rocket zombies would only show up in map 31 and 32?

I would like to have the rocket zombie in the game proper! Likewise a demon variant (Blood demon) and an imp variant!!!!
Like you planned for skulltag! One variant for every monster would be the greatest.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I have been considering the idea of replacing nazis by a strong human enemy like rocket zombies or zombie marines, and making a separated patch that introduces the nazis. What you think about?
I think the Nazis should stay as the secret enemies and make the Zombies the add-on, since you do see Nazis in Wolfenstein-styled levels (levels with Swastikas, Adolf Hitler portraits, etc.).
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Stick with the Nazis.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Zombieguy wrote:I would like the Nazis to be the defaults, and the strong humans to be separate.
This is probably the best approach. But if this must go on, then let Sarge decide if he would like to start a poll about the discussion.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

I like the idea
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

I think that the Nazi's should stay and that the Stronger Zombies should be addons. I would love to see more monsters added but no current monster should be replaced. I play Brutal doom with Custom monsters all the time and it is a lot of fun even though you can't perform headshots/Fatalities on the custom monsters.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

DQ777, where can you find custom monsters?
BoraxKid

Post by BoraxKid »

Hey Sgt Mark, are you going to make an optional add on for the Zombieman's new voices once the latest version of Brutal Doom comes out?
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=261 From here select Beastiary on the left tab. Then select Doom style to view the monsters and just download them and place them in the Skins folder of your sourceport. you will have to Summon the monsters to see them or go into Doom Builder or any other level Editor and place the monsters in. Make sure that your level editor has the skins folder included otherwise you won't see the custom monsters in the list of Things you can place in levels. in my version of Doom Builder the monsters show up in a folder called Decorate.

*I haven't been able to get every monster from the beastiary to show up in Doom Builder, so some of them might not work.

**BTW You could use Heretic/Hexen monsters in Doom but some of them won't have any sound effects because they share sounds that are in Heretic or Hexen.
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

huh i just noticed that most weapons dont have dynamic lights. (same goes for the mancubus and revenant)
Only the BFG has. The Plasma rifle only on impact. There is no light from plasma balls in the air.

I really miss it on the rocket launcher tough....
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

mckracken wrote:huh i just noticed that most weapons dont have dynamic lights. (same goes for the mancubus and revenant)
Only the BFG has. The Plasma rifle only on impact. There is no light from plasma balls in the air.

I really miss it on the rocket launcher tough....
I believe that was done to help with Frame Rate issues
mckracken

Post by mckracken »

at least give the mancubus back his lights! Cant have that double flame-launcher without it :(

the rest: optional patch would be nice - im sure my pc can handle it...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”