Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
doomquake777

Re: Brütal Doom v0.17: Brutal Halloween Edition

Post by doomquake777 »

Found 2 bugs in V18test 2

1 when a zombie is crawling and you are kicking its teeth out, if you kick it enough then you will perform a curbstomp. It says in the text document that curbstomps can only be performed if you have the berserk pack.

2 If you have the invulnerability power up and you perform a fatality, when you exit the fatality your screen will stay white till the power up wears off but you will no longer be invincible.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

I am wondering, does the reload-on-pickup for rocket launcher still happen with 0.18 test?

Should there be a mid-dodge roll death if you follow and shoot them while moving away?

Doomquake: This?

I think Sarge has mentioned before he doesn't know how to rectify this particular issue.
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Mr. Chris wrote:I am wondering, does the reload-on-pickup for rocket launcher still happen with 0.18 test?
Still happens on test2. MP40 has had the same problem for the longest time too.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

doomquake777 wrote:2 If you have the invulnerability power up and you perform a fatality, when you exit the fatality your screen will stay white till the power up wears off but you will no longer be invincible.
Mr. Chris wrote:I think Sarge has mentioned before he doesn't know how to rectify this particular issue.
I gave him a fix to this in version 0.13. He reintroduced the same bug recently (which tells me he didn't learn from it the first time). The fix is very similar to before. Instead of making the player invulnerable during the fatality, simply make the player unshootable. Example from PLAYER:
Spoiler:
As you can see from the code, he did both. -SHOOTABLE implies invulnerability since you can't take damage in any situation (even telefragging).
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Mr. Chris wrote:I am wondering, does the reload-on-pickup for rocket launcher still happen with 0.18 test?

Should there be a mid-dodge roll death if you follow and shoot them while moving away?

Doomquake: This?

I think Sarge has mentioned before he doesn't know how to rectify this particular issue.
Yeah that was what I was talking about, i didn't know it was brought up that long ago.
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

i haven't tested the new pre-release yet, so i might be stating the obvious here:

what if cyberdemon/spider mastermind could enter enraged mode permanently after dropping below certain health threshold ? e.g. under 25% of remaining health? also , the chance of that happening (or the threshold level) would be proportional to current skill setting.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

That would make some PWADs that use them more difficult, even moreso with multiple boss monsters.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

I noticed when a Baron of Hell gets revived by an Arch-Vile he turns into a Hell Knight in .17.
Edward-san

Post by Edward-san »

jpalomo wrote:As you can see from the code, he did both. -SHOOTABLE implies invulnerability since you can't take damage in any situation (even telefragging).
So the players will be stuck, unless you make the performer +NOCLIP...
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

Mr. Chris wrote:That would make some PWADs that use them more difficult, even moreso with multiple boss monsters.
i'd say they are already plenty hard just by running them with brutal doom. perhaps something like that might be enabled only on highest difficulty level ?
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Bit off topic, but is there a mod for gzdoom that has all of the hexen levels, but with doom monsters that I can play brutal doom with?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

You can always play Hexen with the 'brutal' version that's made for it.

Also, I don't think replacing Hexen monsters with Doom ones will simply work, as some of them (mainly bosses) are heavily scripted, like for instance, the [wiki=Classes:Dragon]Death Wyvern[/wiki].
Narko

Post by Narko »

Some bugs and difficulty issues in the latest test.

Gotta be honest with the offended cyberdemon, his missiles are a little easy to dodge, I think spray and pray would be more appropriate for going aggro, Perhaps even without directly aiming at the player but rather bombaring the area the player is in furiously while he's throwing a hissy fit and try to surround the player in splash damage. Also I've had trouble setting him off a few times, though there may be preset odds determining how often he reacts.

Last night I got a gib with the pump action on a chaingunner, from an incredible distance, I expected to kill him, but I did not expect to reduce him to almost nothing, if I were to guess I'd say I got the gib at a 50 to 100 feet(Enough for him to shrink in the distance a little bit) range estimate, going to make a quick map to test the gib range, and find out exactly what I need to be shooting to do that as well as find a better range estimate.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

this AI is gonna be annoying D:
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Those zombies look like they're in pretty good shape!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”