Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Pixel_Crusher

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Pixel_Crusher »

Ghostbreed wrote:We need a superfinal test now Sarge. :twisted:
Speaking of which, can someone point me out to the downlod location of the latest playtest version please?
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Pixel_Crusher wrote:
Speaking of which, can someone point me out to the downlod location of the latest playtest version please?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/377i7 ... tfinal.zip
I did a personal back up, since I also lost track of Sarge's link.
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Ghostbreed wrote:
Pixel_Crusher wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/377i7 ... tfinal.zip
I did a personal back up, since I also lost track of Sarge's link.
Why isn't the Latest Test Link on the 1st page below the Main Link? It would make it A lot easier for People to grab the latest test version and start reporting Bugs.
Blazko

Post by Blazko »

Just heard a few days ago that id software plans to release the Doom3 sourcecode which would probably give rise to sourceports. Would a BrutalDoom3 be a possibility then?
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Blazko wrote:Just heard a few days ago that id software plans to release the Doom3 sourcecode which would probably give rise to sourceports. Would a BrutalDoom3 be a possibility then?
Uhhh... The source for Doom 3 came out almost a year ago...
Blazko

Post by Blazko »

Ghostbreed wrote:
Blazko wrote:Just heard a few days ago that id software plans to release the Doom3 sourcecode which would probably give rise to sourceports. Would a BrutalDoom3 be a possibility then?
hmm, strange. Perhaps I misunderstood something. Or I was just reading old news without realizing...
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Blazko wrote:
Ghostbreed wrote:
hmm, strange. Perhaps I misunderstood something. Or I was just reading old news without realizing...
It's okay, can happen to anybody. Sorry for sounding rude, I was just so surprised people didn't know about this just now.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

I agree, despite the fact the source code was released about a year ago. Why isn't Brutal Doom 3 a thing?

EDIT: Here's a couple of things to get started.
iVoid

Post by iVoid »

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the simplicity of these old games one of the main reasons that the classic doom modding scene is so active? A brutal doom 3 mod isn't a very likely possibility, the amount of work required to make it compared to the "normal" brutal doom is ENOURMOUS! Even if someone would be willing to do it, even if they started now it would probably take years before it was ready.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

It's always bugged me how you replaced the hellknight and barons' blood with red blood. I know you said it was because everything was "too colorful", but I like seeing all that colorful viscera fly around and paint the rooms. So would it be possible to reintroduce green blood in the future via a mutator?

On the subject of colored blood, the cacodemon's blue blood is broken. It shows up as blue in the sprites but when it hits the ground it turns red. Not sure if you already knew this.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

I think the reason Hell Nobel's blood was turned red was because Green tends to translate into player color when fatalities are preformed.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

Then just split it into two seperate actors like was done with a few other things. (And yes, I actually remember the baron's spine turning purple when ripped out.)
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Doom'd Marine wrote:I think the reason Hell Nobel's blood was turned red was because Green tends to translate into player color when fatalities are preformed.
That's exactly what happens. I know how to fix that bug, but personally I prefer having their blood red.

-TZK
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

because of blood's color red is most above people's fearing colours and representing brutality and violences i see.
well, about cacodemon's blood, if those are type of mollusks, that'll make sence i think. but cacodemons has bones too...
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

Here's a feature you could add...Duke/SW style pools of blood where you can create blood foot prints when you walk over them.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”