Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Brütal Doom v0.17: Brutal Halloween Edition

Post by Matt »

Also some (such as the invulnerability fatality bug) actually had been fixed in a prior version but the fix was rolled back by mistake, so it counts as a new bug.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

You need to learn that nothing is failsafe. Sarge isn't God.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Yeah, but it's fixable.

And who's to say he didn't already know that not everything is fail-safe? He was simply pointing out that the fix for some of the bugs that had already been fixed in previous versions were rolled back by a mistake. He didn't say anything about fail-safe. :I
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

I'm gonna explain what happens with the invulnerability bug:
The fix that I found in the later versions of instead making the player invulnerable during the execution, I made him unable to be shot, but unfortunately, this bugs with world colision, and if a Door closes under the player, he gets stuck.
So, I changed back to the original system. It's better to have a minor bug that can be avoided than having a game breaking bug that can't be avoided.

doom_is_great wrote:Hey Sarge, are you going to remake anymore levels for Doom 2 besides Downtown and Suburbs?
Check Vaecrius link. This project features remakes of Doom 2's Entryway (Staging Area), The Factory and Industrial Zone (The Abandoned Factory), Gotcha! (Eye of the Storm), Citadel (Black Stronghold) and Ultimate Doom's Hell Keep (Blood Outpost) Hangar (some areas that resembles it are featured in the last area of Hangar) and Tower of Babel (The Tower)
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Zombieguy wrote:And who's to say he didn't already know that not everything is fail-safe? He was simply pointing out that the fix for some of the bugs that had already been fixed in previous versions were rolled back by a mistake. He didn't say anything about fail-safe. :I
That was to all of you, not just one member. Geez...
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

The same principle applies regardless. :P
Ghostbreed wrote:You need to learn that nothing is failsafe. Sarge isn't God.
Given that you typed the word "you", you made everyone think you meant specifically Vaecrius instead of the entire forum. ;)

Back on topic.
Last edited by Zombieguy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Zombieguy wrote:
Given that you typed the word "you", you made everyone think you meant specifically Vaecrius instead of the entire forum. ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ghostbreed wrote:
Zombieguy wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural
This argument is pointless. Just get back to the topic.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ricochet wrote:This argument is pointless. Just get back to the topic.
Agreed. For fuck's sake, I can't leave this thread alone for one week.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Just for what it's worth, I was never under the impression that Ghostbreed spoke a dialect of English that regularly used the grammatical form all y'all or similar.

Anyway, good to at least know of some kind of closure to the invulnerability bug. I am kind of surprised at the behaviour, though... shouldn't the door be blocked by a solid actor as well as a shootable one?
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Vaecrius wrote:Anyway, good to at least know of some kind of closure to the invulnerability bug. I am kind of surprised at the behaviour, though... shouldn't the door be blocked by a solid actor as well as a shootable one?
Seems like the object must be Solid AND Shootable to block the door. A solid but unshootable doesn't block it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I am not going to pretend to be an expert, but can't you make it shootable but have some sort of super healing effect to stifle the damage?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ricochet wrote:I am not going to pretend to be an expert, but can't you make it shootable but have some sort of super healing effect to stifle the damage?
Then players could Fatality something and receive a health boost if they're near death.
thesleeve

Post by thesleeve »

Mr. Chris wrote:I'd figure out keep infighting ON because their mindset is messed up and will hurt anyone who hurts them, like standard monsters. Also I see a problem with replacement for Barons because they are used on E1M8 and other maps that rely on the A_BossDeath codepointer and cause issues with that.
Good point, I'll fix that and update. The Marines with plasma rifles are a bit troublesome anyway.
Djiel wrote:You could probably counter that imbalance by making them drop their weapon's ammo type instead of the actual weapon.
Good idea, I'll do that also.
Djiel wrote:Anyway, sounds pretty cool. How about putting it in a wad/pk3 available for download? (similarly to how Sarge himself has done with his own mutators). Would be great for noobs such as myself :P
Sure, I can do that. I just need to wait until I head back to the states next week. I'm currently on a business trip in Germany and I don't think it would be very professional if I was modding Doom in the middle of a customer meeting. :) ..although, honestly... most of these guys probably were playing it back when they were teenagers.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

wildweasel wrote:
Ricochet wrote:This argument is pointless. Just get back to the topic.
Agreed. For fuck's sake, I can't leave this thread alone for one week.
Aw, what's wrong? Can't keep track with all bug reporting? :p

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”