Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
GFD
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Brütal Doom v0.17: Brutal Halloween Edition

Post by GFD »

Thought I should mention this in here: if I, say, kill a Zombieman by smashing his head in from behind, and that Zombieman has an action special attached to it, the player that killed the Zombieman is not considered the activator of that action special, potentially breaking a map if that special was required for the map's completion.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Raptomex wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
CorSair wrote:I got some something annoying going on when trying to load a game.
Game ends and console opens, with only explanation being: "Expected a name but got something else."
I decided to play cchest2.wad with this, and then trying load brutalv017gzdoom, janitormode and then the weaponpack. Janitormode and weaponpack was switched before current loadout. I updated GZDoom, even.
Does someone get same problem?
Same problem here, using cchest4, brutalv017gzdoom and the arsenal addon. Haven't tested without the arsenal (or the maps) but I get a feeling the arsenal may be the culprit, but I have no idea what would have changed that would be breaking saved games like that.
I have this problem as well. Really annoying. Started once I began using the arsenal.
I've gotten this error now too while playing DTS-T. The autosave at the very beginning works fine, so maybe it has to do with a particular weapon pickup?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Another user says it may be something to do with the backpack pickup, but I've not investigated myself.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Is the chainsaw disappearing for anyone else after you switch it to another weapon with the Brutal Arsenal mod?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

wildweasel wrote:Another user says it may be something to do with the backpack pickup, but I've not investigated myself.
I think it's the backpack, I just tested it on E1M1. Loaded fine until I IDFA'd or gave myself a backpack with the console. It must have to do with the custom ammo cap values.
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

I got the same problem too with the backpack.
It didn't happen when using the summon command with these weapon 1 per 1.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I think the key to success of this mod is to try and perfect one weapon at a time.
qwasqawss

Post by qwasqawss »

I believe I have solved the backpack save crash. The shotgun and carbine loaded ammo inventory items use the same names as the regular brutal doom weapons. I don't know why this crashes it, but it does.

All you have to do is rename all instances of "ShotgunAmmo" in DECORATE.Shotgun, and "RifleAmmo" in DECORATE.Carbine, to something else. In fact you don't, because I've done it for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ibyx2fv0be5xhla

I also put the chainsaw back onto the 1 key, and added the second pistol and uzi to the backpack, since as far as I'm aware there's no way to get them in game currently, without cheats. Also, I got rid of the repeated key bindings. If it was intentional, I don't know what it does.

EDIT:
New version doesn't reload if the mag is full.
Last edited by qwasqawss on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

southpark2010 wrote:

Beautiful :D
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

i cant get this mod to run .. i have latest gzdoom from svn
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

southpark2010 wrote:
omg do want
Okay, I have got over my initial reaction (oh my god i've wanted this for so long). The HeXen art style is really weird, so you might wanna change the blood to fit it.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

wolf00 wrote: i cant get this mod to run .. i have latest gzdoom from svn
You load Brutal Arsenal AFTER Brutal Doom

Code: Select all

-file brutalv017gzdoom.pk3 UltimateBrutalArsenalAlphaV01.pk3
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

aha! ouch ... :mrgreen: i think ak have broken zoomed mode[iron sights] .. cant hold this weapon zoomed on target ... [idfa used to get it this weapon]
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I have a small request for that Brutal Arsenal, could you make the guns more futuristic looking? Like similar looks of the Shotgun and Assault Rifle on all the new weapons?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”