Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
viktorcech

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by viktorcech »

hello, i have brutal doom 0.18
GZDOOM 1.8.0

i playing final doom now
MAP09 - STRONGHOLD - game crashes again and again :(
any fix?
where i can find save games or log files?
Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 »

I found out that marines who are in water and are freed will disappear when you try to free them.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

They drown
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

and their corpses got disappeared because they are so sensitive at water to bloat?
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Imagine, with all those weapons, ammo and armor, they would become quite heavy to float
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

that's not typo. i mean talking about a corpse's BLOAT after creature including a marine got died. not a float.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

My bad. When I replied I had just stepped out of bed.
SirSavage

Post by SirSavage »

Mortal Kombat

-everyone who loves doom loves MK. A lot of people who love MK liked at least one of the old Resident Evil games.
-Ability to be knocked down, and blown away.
-Hell knights should grab you and you have to slam keys to get away While they eat your face. If this usually results in player death, good. Don't get close to big monsters.
-Punches should be more intuitive and dynamic, like I said before.
-add some comboes, low level enemies can't respond and each concecutive hit does more damage. like x1-x2-x3-x4
-Comand moves... and Block? Definitely dodge.

Difficulty

-The game needs to be harder so as it is still fun to play when you have played it since it came out in 93 or whatever.
-The enemies need to be sped way up. (at least on the two hardest dificulties) ESPECIALLY pinky demons.
-The enemy projectiles need to be sped up. (at least on the two hardest dificulties)
-Less ammo... And NO vials of health. They are stupid. They should at least look like water bottles or syringes.
-Imps should be able to climb walls/ceilings and jump at you from farther away.

Weapons

-In general it felt a lot more doomy and less mody when the weapons were the vanilla sprites with one or two things added. Go back to this it is classier. You can always add animation frames or make things higher resolution.
-Would love to see your weapons mod.
-Fists, see above.
-Rifle. Make headshots fun by adding weapon shake after a second of holding up your gun to your face. Also fix the LDIS so you're actually looking down both iron sights.
-Minigun, the gyroscopif force of the spinning barrels should make it NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to move once firing. It should move very slow with the mouse when firing. This combined with its cooldown time should make it a long range weapon OR one that you need to be in a corner/at the end of a long coridor to use, BUT NOT just close up out in the open. It should have a rediculously high rate of fire and go through 600 rounds of ammo in seconds. The alt fore shouldn't turn it into a "shotgun." It was fine when it just spun the barrels so you didn't have to wait for them to speed up. It really needs to gib guys quicker. A miniguns rate of fire would literally cut people in half.
-BFG I saw somewhere someone added a strap to the right side of the BFG as if it was a heavy gun that needed a strap. Add that.
-Someone put out a sweet mech cockpit. You must utilize this....

Health

-At one point you made it so that your health regenerated... Halo is for childs minds, doom is made for adult minds. If you take large amounts of damage health should drop one point every 10 seconds, 5 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second. You're bleeding out, that is what makes all those medkit/bandages laying around important. They stop the bleeding.
-Your movement rate should be affected by health. IE the less health you have the slower you go.

Misculanious

-Hud, make it more and more like you're looking out of a visor. In bright light your eyes reflection should show in it.
-Varied pick-ups sprites. Some med kits are open when you find them, some are not.
-Shrink the revenants down a little. They're stupid big. They should be like tall corpses, especially if you're going to wear their armor.

Things You'll Never Put Into The Game

-Running. Your highest speed should not let you use a weapon, and if you did the 'health effects speed' idea this would let wounded players run to medkits they just couldn't shoot at the same time.
-Climbing. I don't like being stoped by 3' to 4' (1m to 1.3m) tall barriers. Just make an animation of your left hand passing down like your pushing yourself up onto it.
-Stealth. Enemies should activate when they hear you running. Or at least turn towards the footsteps. Then you could crouch to sneak around them.
-Inventory. 6 weapons without the backpack, 10 weapons with the backpack.
-Multiple ammo types (Just like fists now, pressing R whilst full on ammo switches between them)

If you read all of this pat yourself on the back and then take a moment to think about what you're doing with your life...
Urizen

Post by Urizen »

:?
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:This mod is content complete. I don't want more suggestions
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

I don't like any of those ideas at all, especially the QTE, the proposed difficulty spike or no running and gunning. Brutal Doom makes it harder as it is, just go play Man and a Half difficulty if you so please.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I have a better quote:
Mr. Savage, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

SirSavage wrote:Mortal Kombat ideal and above wasted times and blah blah blah
i'm really complimenting for what you did for whole ideals for brutal doom, but IMO, Mr. Horse says one word in my head; 'No Sir, I Didn't like it.'

anyway idea boxes for brutal doom is now closed, read sgt's replies detaily!
Reapums

Post by Reapums »

SirSavage wrote:Mortal Kombat hoopla.
I direct you to my avatar for my response to whatever it was you were trying to convey.

Plus, Sgt you might want to put on the front page in big bold red letters that say "NEW IDEAS NOT WANTED!".
SirSavage

Post by SirSavage »

Urizen wrote::?
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:This mod is content complete. I don't want more suggestions
Oh my bad. That's all I needed to read. I haven't been following this thread, just joined to post these ideas and ruin TheDarkArcheon's day apparently.
Reapums wrote:
SirSavage wrote:Mortal Kombat hoopla.
I direct you to my avatar for my response to whatever it was you were trying to convey.

Plus, Sgt you might want to put on the front page in big bold red letters that say "NEW IDEAS NOT WANTED!".
I did in fact read page 1... Reapums idea might help...

I was a little taken aback just now coming here and seeing the general anger/disgust at my ideas. I disagree that they are "insane" or "idiotic." And I stand by the weapon ideas Especially the minigun.

Edit---------------------------------------------------------

I'm backing up my words here about the doom/mortal kombat synergy theory with this youtube... It always seemed to me like a lot of doom fans are MK fans. Anyways fatalities did make it into BrutalDoom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GHePbSR0_M
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

Mortal Kombat

-everyone who loves doom loves MK. A lot of people who love MK liked at least one of the old Resident Evil games.
-Ability to be knocked down, and blown away.
-Hell knights should grab you and you have to slam keys to get away While they eat your face. If this usually results in player death, good. Don't get close to big monsters.
-Punches should be more intuitive and dynamic, like I said before.
-add some comboes, low level enemies can't respond and each concecutive hit does more damage. like x1-x2-x3-x4
-Comand moves... and Block? Definitely dodge.
I love Doom, and I don't like Mortal Kombat (I'm more or less indifferent towards it). QTE for being grabbed by a hell knight is a gigantic no-no, and most of these ideas in general are unnecessary because Doom isn't a fighter.
Difficulty

-The game needs to be harder so as it is still fun to play when you have played it since it came out in 93 or whatever.
-The enemies need to be sped way up. (at least on the two hardest dificulties) ESPECIALLY pinky demons.
-The enemy projectiles need to be sped up. (at least on the two hardest dificulties)
-Less ammo... And NO vials of health. They are stupid. They should at least look like water bottles or syringes.
-Imps should be able to climb walls/ceilings and jump at you from farther away.
We want fair difficulty, which is what Brutal Doom offers. Most of what you suggest here would make the game unplayable for all but the most hardcore FPS players, at least I think so.
Weapons

-In general it felt a lot more doomy and less mody when the weapons were the vanilla sprites with one or two things added. Go back to this it is classier. You can always add animation frames or make things higher resolution.
-Would love to see your weapons mod.
-Fists, see above.
-Rifle. Make headshots fun by adding weapon shake after a second of holding up your gun to your face. Also fix the LDIS so you're actually looking down both iron sights.
-Minigun, the gyroscopif force of the spinning barrels should make it NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to move once firing. It should move very slow with the mouse when firing. This combined with its cooldown time should make it a long range weapon OR one that you need to be in a corner/at the end of a long coridor to use, BUT NOT just close up out in the open. It should have a rediculously high rate of fire and go through 600 rounds of ammo in seconds. The alt fore shouldn't turn it into a "shotgun." It was fine when it just spun the barrels so you didn't have to wait for them to speed up. It really needs to gib guys quicker. A miniguns rate of fire would literally cut people in half.
-BFG I saw somewhere someone added a strap to the right side of the BFG as if it was a heavy gun that needed a strap. Add that.
-Someone put out a sweet mech cockpit. You must utilize this....
A minigun, a weapon designed to be a bullet hose, should be a long-range weapon? Huh? Recall that this is an old-school shooter, a genre which throws realism right out the window and into the void. If you're looking for realism, you should take a look at the Hideous Destructor mod.
Health

-At one point you made it so that your health regenerated... Halo is for childs minds, doom is made for adult minds. If you take large amounts of damage health should drop one point every 10 seconds, 5 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second. You're bleeding out, that is what makes all those medkit/bandages laying around important. They stop the bleeding.
-Your movement rate should be affected by health. IE the less health you have the slower you go.
When did Mark ever add regenerating health except as an optional add-on? Also, slowed movement due to low health would essentially make game over inevitable if you were injured. If I'm skilled enough at dodging projectiles, I should be able to scrape my way out of a gunfight on low health.
Misculanious

-Hud, make it more and more like you're looking out of a visor. In bright light your eyes reflection should show in it.
-Varied pick-ups sprites. Some med kits are open when you find them, some are not.
-Shrink the revenants down a little. They're stupid big. They should be like tall corpses, especially if you're going to wear their armor.
The first suggestion I think would be really hard to code in this engine (but then again I'm not a modder so what do I know).
Things You'll Never Put Into The Game

-Running. Your highest speed should not let you use a weapon, and if you did the 'health effects speed' idea this would let wounded players run to medkits they just couldn't shoot at the same time.
-Climbing. I don't like being stoped by 3' to 4' (1m to 1.3m) tall barriers. Just make an animation of your left hand passing down like your pushing yourself up onto it.
-Stealth. Enemies should activate when they hear you running. Or at least turn towards the footsteps. Then you could crouch to sneak around them.
-Inventory. 6 weapons without the backpack, 10 weapons with the backpack.
-Multiple ammo types (Just like fists now, pressing R whilst full on ammo switches between them)
No, no, no, no, and maybe. Remember, this is an old-school shooter we're talking about here. Also, what's wrong with just using your jump button?
I was a little taken aback just now coming here and seeing the general anger/disgust at my ideas. I disagree that they are "insane" or "idiotic." And I stand by the weapon ideas Especially the minigun.
All I have to say is: it's an old-school shooter, stuff like slowed movement due to recoil doesn't really have much place here because it's meant to be all about skill and reflexes. Also, I will say that people on internet forums tend to use cutting words and insults when describing something they don't like. Take it as a learning experience, my friend. None of us are angry at or disgusted with you, we're merely voicing our opinions.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”