Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Bio Hazard

Re: Brutal Doom v0.8

Post by Bio Hazard »

Wow, you sure weren't lying when you said it's brutal. :shock:

For people without Skulltag, if you open the pk3 and remove the problem definitions from the multitude of decorate files, it will work just fine in GZDoom.
BTW, for anyone who hasn't played this mod yet, here's an idea how over the top this is: There's BLOOD, GORE2, GORE3 and GORE!!! lumps in this pk3. That's right. There's 4 whole decorate files (86.8K) dedicated to just gore. I have to say, I was truly astounded how violent this mod is.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The ceiling splats are a nice touch (and I've not seen it done before) but they can glitch quite easily. I have seen them appear on a wall, for example about 64 units above the top of the imp cage in the final room of Doom2 map01.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Thanks for all comments, guys :D
.+:icytux:+. wrote:some of the animations you've made, might be slightly bad but it dosnt even bother me that much.(I havn't played the very latest version but in the earlier versions atleast).

Yeah, some animations were very MSPantish in the early versions (like the Imp begin torn appart by Chaingun, for example), but I did polished everything on the latest versions.

Hell, I'd have a lot of fun touching up the fatalities and stuff. Its just that i dont have the time. Don't even know if you recruit other people...
If you think you could help in any way, you are wellcome.

Xaser wrote:Oh neat, it's good to see this guy coming to the forums here! I'll need to give it some more play time soon. :P
Thanks dude.
Sonnyboy wrote:If I could do anything to change this mod, I would make the chances of shooting a zombieman's leg or arm off much less, but that's mainly due to my borderline OCD. =P
Other than that, I can honestly say that since I got this mod a few months ago I haven't played DooM with anything else. Hell, I got Whispers of Satan just to play with this mod. Outstanding work.
Thanks. Maybe I will. I have been discussing in the ST forums' topic about reducing the chances of amputations to make them look more intense when it happens.

GuildNavigator wrote:Why don't you implement some MortalKombat fatality when you pick up the berserk? Like the Kano's one? That would look gorgeously goreful! :chainsaw2:

Anyway, this looks great! It gives a more horrific effect to the gore of the game..
Thanks. Well, I don't play Mortal Kombat (I think it has been about 7 years since the last time I played UMK in my old rusty Sega Saturn), so, can you explain me how his fatality is?
Doomhuntress wrote:This looks like a fine mod for my computer to choke on.
Which is a shame, cause it looks extremely fun to play.
If you set your texture filters to trilinear, and resolution to 640x400 or lower, it will run on a high fps easily don't matters how bad your computer is. As last resort, you can play it on software mode. (but 3D bloodsplats won't be displayed)

Enjay wrote:The ceiling splats are a nice touch (and I've not seen it done before) but they can glitch quite easily. I have seen them appear on a wall, for example about 64 units above the top of the imp cage in the final room of Doom2 map01.
Yep, I think there are some problems with the ceiling detection system, but I will take a better look on it. I added this feature like 4 days before releasing it, and I didn't had time to notice it.

Bio Hazard wrote:Wow, you sure weren't lying when you said it's brutal. :shock:

For people without Skulltag, if you open the pk3 and remove the problem definitions from the multitude of decorate files, it will work just fine in GZDoom.
BTW, for anyone who hasn't played this mod yet, here's an idea how over the top this is: There's BLOOD, GORE2, GORE3 and GORE!!! lumps in this pk3. That's right. There's 4 whole decorate files (86.8K) dedicated to just gore. I have to say, I was truly astounded how violent this mod is.
Thanks. For the compatibility issue, to play it on GZDoom, all you guys needs to do, is opening the HEAD and BOSSBOX lumps, and removing the +SERVERSIDEONLY flags from the actors. I think this flag should be ported to GZDoom for compatibility issues just like the +CLIENTSIDEONLY flag.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Is there any minimum requirements to run this mod?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Alright, cool, now that my desktop is once again in working order, I'm able to play this properly. I like it. =P
SFJake

Post by SFJake »

This is great, but I bring simple criticism:

As much as berserk is a fun gimmick for the first 10 seconds, its only annoying and completely breaks the flow to have to watch yourself rip something apart. No more gibbing everything with berserk, takes way too long, unless I missed something.

Other than that, very professionally done. Has a good feel to it.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

The blood and gore in this mod makes the blood and gore in the Nashgore mod look like a tiny sprinkler in a garden. This mod was pretty damn entertaining to play. The reloading for the weapons seem pointless and I have to agree with the criticism that SFJake gave regarding the berserk fatalities. They are badass and awesome but they do get kind of old after a while and it's not really fun having to wait for your guy to curb-stomp an imp while several demons make there way to you to rip you apart.

Aside from that, this was pretty damn cool.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Bio Hazard wrote:Wow, you sure weren't lying when you said it's brutal. :shock:

Please be more specific, as i have no idea at all what you are talking about.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Doomhuntress wrote:Is there any minimum requirements to run this mod?
A strong stomach ;).
KingShinra

Post by KingShinra »

PlasmaBall Actor is defined twice.

Does not compute. :shock:
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

This looks incredibly [censored word].

Just kidding, it should satisfy a sick bastard like myself.

EDIT: Skulltag is bombing out with "very fatal error" with no indication of what's wrong when I walk past the hallway in Entryway. I recall a very similar problem in the older Beautiful Doom mod. Unless I ran it in software mode. I'm using 0.98d-r3021.

EDIT 2: Huh. I fixed it by setting Trilinear filtering back to Linear, now it's not crashing. Bizarre.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Just tested this out (in software mode, since OpenGL mode behaved funky).

Honestly... I don't like it. It feels way too experimental to be an enhancement mod, there's alot of cool features in it, but it feels that it's TOO MUCH. It feels cluttered, and breaks the balance and flow of Doom's gameplay. It's not a bad mod at all, but it feels like a too experimental mod to be enjoyable.
Nash

Post by Nash »

... and thus Nashgore 3.0 is now made redundant and obsolete. :) At least I don't have to worry about releasing anything anymore from now on.

Good job BTW. The fatalities are awesome. Reminds me of a mod for Oblivion called "Deadly Reflexes".
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Nash wrote:... and thus Nashgore 3.0 is now made redundant and obsolete. :) At least I don't have to worry about releasing anything anymore from now on.

Good job BTW. The fatalities are awesome. Reminds me of a mod for Oblivion called "Deadly Reflexes".
NUUUUU!!! I wanna have nashgore 3.0 D:!, this mod isn't even GZDoom compatible unless you edit some def things out >_>...
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Doomhuntress. Not my cup of tea. Great concept, uncomfortably executed.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”