Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ghostbreed

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Ghostbreed »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Just for the record: I have plans to improve the melee combat. I have been thinking about something like Brutal HeXen. The player could make a simple combo of left punch, right punch, and then press left punch again to unleash a hook attack that would hit and knockback multiple enemies. Then you could continue the combo by pressing the Kick button to do a kick attack that would deal triple the damage of a normal right punch.
Brutal Arkham Doom Asylum
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Just for the record: I have plans to improve the melee combat. I have been thinking about something like Brutal HeXen. The player could make a simple combo of left punch, right punch, and then press left punch again to unleash a hook attack that would hit and knockback multiple enemies. Then you could continue the combo by pressing the Kick button to do a kick attack that would deal triple the damage of a normal right punch.
May I suggest a simplified version of Russian Overkill's combo system? I really liked the feature where you hold the reload key and the move list pops up, that was verrrry useful. I would hope you don't go overboard with the buttons and timing of swings, this MOD is too fast paced for that...
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Ghostbreed wrote:Jumping in Doom games is like eating pizza without bread. It shouldn't be done, at all.
Don't like jumping...don't enable it! Let others enjoy it! Same with ducking.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

I only use my jump button for jump-kicking, and that's pretty much it.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Dan50 wrote:
Ghostbreed wrote:Jumping in Doom games is like eating pizza without bread. It shouldn't be done, at all.
iVoid

Post by iVoid »

Ghostbreed wrote:
Dan50 wrote:
While I can enjoy a meme every once in a while that was totally out of place... Besides, he's right.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Okay, Ghostbreed, seriously, if you're not going to put anything in your post except for an image macro, you really shouldn't bother to post. Remember, since the last time you were officially warned, you're very close to banning threshold, so please think and speak very carefully.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ooh, pretty slimmy. :D
SirSavage

Post by SirSavage »

I just watched the video southpark2010 posted, twice, and I'm completely content! Amazing. I know my suggestions post was apperently garbled or incoherent, but improved melee like SrgMkIV is already doing is one of the ideas I was trying to express.

And TheDarkArchon you made some good points in your last post. Especially about changing play mechanics so much that they break some levels/map sets. But your points about the weapons limit/inventory and the visor like HUD display are only as valid as mine. I've seen some visor like HUDs and thought they were neat; still do.

I still like most of my suggestions, although I admit I don't know as much about doom or doom mods as any of the posters here. I guess when I found Brutal Doom it just reminded me a lot of Action Half Life and Action Quake. Both of which were awesome.

So since Sarge does check in here every now and then I'm glad I registered my vote for some of these ideas in case he was concidering any of them.
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

NOOOOOO! Don't modify the melee combat! I prefer the simplistic function of rapidly punching enemies until they explode!
If you're going to do this to the punch, at least provide a mutator that removes it! Combos should remain where they belong, fighting games and RPGs (HeXeN).
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

PermaNoob wrote:Combos should remain where they belong, fighting games and RPGs (HeXeN).
Hexen is neither of those things.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

PermaNoob wrote:NOOOOOO! Don't modify the melee combat! I prefer the simplistic function of rapidly punching enemies until they explode!
If you're going to do this to the punch, at least provide a mutator that removes it! Combos should remain where they belong, fighting games and RPGs (HeXeN).
You can still mash the left and right attack buttons just like in v18
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

ChronoSeth wrote:
PermaNoob wrote:Combos should remain where they belong, fighting games and RPGs (HeXeN).
Hexen is neither of those things.
Hexen not an RPG? Maybe not very strictly, but it is an RPG (sortof). I didn't mean to imply it was a fighting game.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

PermaNoob wrote:Hexen not an RPG? Maybe not very strictly, but it is an RPG (sortof).
No, it's not. Hexen has none of the features which define that genre. Hexen 2 has a leveling system for the player, but that's not the same game, and having a single feature typical of RPGs (being the leveling system for the PC) doesn't make it an RPG.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”