Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Thanks everyone for all the recent feedback. New test version. Most stuff from mumblemumble's giant post are fixed. Please guys, do another test and spot remaining significant bugs. Changelog inside the zip.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nlv6v ... st8372.zip
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Thanks everyone for all the recent feedback. New test version. Most stuff from mumblemumble's giant post are fixed. Please guys, do another test and spot remaining significant bugs. Changelog inside the zip.
Haha, sorry for making it a giant wall, just trying to help man.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
armyman12345

Post by armyman12345 »

Marines have terrible accuracy, cant have more than one weapon. Giant smurf nazis are still here. rocket and chaingun sprites are still old. no plasma shotgun. kicking in a combo still aims upward. revenant launcher alt dosent work.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

armyman12345 wrote:Marines have terrible accuracy, cant have more than one weapon. Giant smurf nazis are still here. rocket and chaingun sprites are still old. no plasma shotgun. kicking in a combo still aims upward. revenant launcher alt dosent work.
Plasma shotgun was removed for the alt fire flame thrower. And I can confirm the revenant alt fire doesn't work, and the sprites issues with chaingun. The nazis were removed in the change log for compatibility however.

Now onto my own forming list: brutalv19test8372-1

*Marines occasionally make zombie grunting noises
*Might be just me, but perhaps the plasma flamer could use 2 ammo per shot instead of 3?... more intact numbers, and balances it out more, what with limited range and hard to use rate of fire. Especially with bfg self damage gone, its iffy if it is worth it even with close up hoards. 3 per shot equates out to 17 streams, and many times a single stream wont be able to kill a zombie, when 3, 2, or even 1 plasma bolt will. If the energy used is lowered to 2, it will give 25 streams, and it will end up being more economical to use over the bfg for close range problems. and this is not even mentioning the risky long reload.
*imps spawned via demon spitter (final boss enemy generator) seem to blow up occasionally on spawn (I can only tell they are imps by the gibs). Doesn't seem to do it if no-target is on, strangely enough.
*shotgun and rifle sights are a bit now under where the cross hair is. For people who don't have crosshairs on this will make head shotting very difficult. If this is because people complained about the v18 sights, I think its just cause v18 sights on rifle were giant as hell.
*flaming barrels can get slightly knocked around by explosives (only very slightly. Works as intended?...)
*barrels still explode from berserk kicks, flying kicks (I can understand that one) and heavy punches.
*skulltag minigun, grenade launcher, and railgun do not convert into their brutal doom counter parts. (makes death-match / ctf slightly broken. Really eager to get this fixed since I otherwise LOVE brutal deathmatch)
*in deathmatch / ctf, the ssg only gives a puny 5 shells on pickup (enough for 2.5 shots)
*in deathmatch / ctf, the plasma gun gives 125 ammo, which means an partial clip since the clip size is now 50 again (reloading from empty takes 50 units of ammo)
*Hitting reload with the rifle consumes 1 bullet even if you have a full clip and nothing happens. It also makes all reloads 1 bullet more.
*flames of the player fired mancubus cannon do not do damage to player
*captured marines set free in a cramped spot (the large hole with goodies in doom2 map03) often disappear through walls, never to be seen again. =(
*Players can still punch during a fatality, killing other monsters who of course vanish because of the fatality prompt, but don't actually do the fatality. (must be punching rapidly with heavy punch to work)
*Zombieman pain sounds seem...different than the ones in previous versions? Slightly grainier, idk, can't put my finger on it.
*Can there at least be an option to remove the "auto re-aim" or whatever it is with fists, if not removing it entirely? having my aim being thrown toward a guy i hit makes doing combos on precisely the right guys a giant pain, since your aim is constantly being thrown around from guy to guy, especially when trying to make that hook hit exactly the right spot to get 2 guys at once.
*Sprites for the player using a rocket launcher display as hip level instead of shoulder mounted for all 3 away facing sprites
*flying kicks are still disabled for railgun / grenade launcher / bfg10k
*Fire from entities does not deal damage on the following things: Burning (dead) imps, burning cacodemons (dead, but flying "burn radius" is tiny compared to the massive caco, it barely hits) burning barons, burning hell knights, revenants, and pretty much any larger demon.
*Cacodemons do not seem to reliably try dodging revenant rockets as they are fired, like the rocket launcher and minigun. They sometimes dodge, but its not when you click on them, its SOMETIMES when its homing. Would love to see this fixed so I can see a caco desperately trying to flea my rockets. hehe.
*The dead imp state of being bent over, and missing his left arm is not an interactive body.
*crawling zombies set on fire do not leave burnt corpses when they fully die. Also, crawling burning shotgun guys turn into normal zombiemen corpses when they die.
*corpses of shotgun guys laying on their stomach are not launched by explosions, but are destructible (I mean ones made by nearby explosions which dismembers limbs but keeps the body intact)
*last stand zombies when lit on fire miraculously gain their leg back, and run around on both legs before dying
*frame between an imp burning to death and him turning into a corpse is a bleeding and falling over imp, but unburned.
*damage rate of mancubus cannon (player wielded) fires on the ground seem slightly less than before...intentional?
*sawn apart zombie men with the chainsaw make 1 massive sprite of them being in 2 pieces, instead of 2 individual sprites like other zombies /
*Chainsawing a mancubus body no longer gives the cannon.
*Shooting imps / zombies with a chaingun / shotgun occasionally makes a missing death animation, with all sprites blank besides the ending corpse.
*It seems exceedingly difficult to kill a revenant with a point blank double barrel head shot, as it almost always dismembers him into his legless state.
*occasionally if a player dies with the vanilla death animtion (falling forward) he may also have an arm gib flying off, even though both arms remain on him (done with lost souls, but also works with gunfire)
*Ssg accuracy sometimes prevents a head-shot kill, with all the extra buck flying in other directions.
*Burning trees in multiplayer bounce around from explosives.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:54 am, edited 44 times in total.
Lance

Post by Lance »

I don't really like the direction the minigun is going in. It eats up ammo way too fast. Also the new sprites for the minigun and rocket launcher are gone. I read the change log read-me file and it said punching or kicking the barrels won't explode. I just tried it and they still explode. The after-math of explosions seem bugged, the ceiling smoke gets clipped when I look up at them. I really hope the marines get to use more weapons besides the rifle. I missed that from the older versions.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Lance wrote:I don't really like the direction the minigun is going in. It eats up ammo way too fast. Also the new sprites for the minigun and rocket launcher are gone. I read the change log read-me file and it said punching or kicking the barrels won't explode. I just tried it and they still explode. The after-math of explosions seem bugged, the ceiling smoke gets clipped when I look up at them. I really hope the marines get to use more weapons besides the rifle. I missed that from the older versions.
What is wrong with the current minigun? revolving barrels implies it would have a faster fire rate anyway, and it makes it more useful than the pretty slow one you have in vanilla doom. Its easy to have plenty of ammo if you learn to use proper bursts, and to use the rifle at long range instead. (minigun accuracy isn't the best). I do miss the sprites for the rockets / minigun as well, but I think it was just something he forgot in this version. And while the marines ARE generally weaker, they do occasionally use frag grenades believe it or not, and the fact that they don't mindlessly charge in to melee makes them last longer, which balances it out some, but yes, the fact that their rifle seems to do slightly less damage does get irritating.
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

I hope you'll reinstate the minigun's 300/600 bullet limit in the official v19 release. I have trouble with running out of ammo even with the ammo limit in v18.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Quadruplesword wrote:I hope you'll reinstate the minigun's 300/600 bullet limit in the official v19 release. I have trouble with running out of ammo even with the ammo limit in v18.
Its unlikely, besides maybe a mutator. It was removed for compatibility, so it might not be put back in. My advice though, use the minigun at mid range, and rifle for long, since missing is what uses up all the ammo usually. minigun is inherently inaccurate, so use it wisely. (like for up close / mid range hoards.) Also keep in mind a long range rifle head shotting will always do more damage than a minigun spray from long range, and will also kill faster.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

What was the compatibility issue? I know it used to be done via Dehacked, and that could cause problems, but it could easily be done via decorate and be just fine.
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

New test versio Crawling Revenant seem shoot 1 guide missile instead 2. But i still prefer Crawling Revenant shoot non-guided missile. Crawling Revenant doesn't have pain state. Bit annoying. Baron of Hell doesn't have anymore ridiculous fast triple attack. But i dont mind if Baron triple attack delay is bit longer.

Bugs

- Hell Knight and Baron of Hell body parts destroyed very easily from explosion.
- Baron of Hell bugged with fast monster on. Try brutal kill Shotgun Zombie, but freeze. video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0Dgyyz ... e=youtu.be
- Revenant non-guided missile doesn't knock back Imp, Rifle Zombie and Shotgun Zombie.
- Pump Shotgun have iron sight problem. This happen when you have 0 pocket ammo and you reload Pump Shotgun, then you pickup shotgun ammo, it start immediality reload. Seems like it try reload but cant because you dont have ammo and thats why iron sight doens't work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gdxe32RKrU
- When you have Lost Soul in hand. Kick doesn't work very well.
- Lost Soul free Marine.
- Cant kill head shot suffering state Rifle and Shotgun Zombie.
- Rifle Zombie doesn't have fallin dead
- Crawling Revenant missing shooting rotations
- Monster doesn't attack Crawling Revenant
- Kick doesn't knock back Shotgun Zombie
- When you have smash mode, barrel explode. Rip and tear mode pickup barrel
- Revenant launcher second fire doesn't work
- Archvile coprse block way when die under door. Can pass with crouch
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

well like one guy said.. the plasma thrower using 2 instead of 3 ammo per shot would make it more viable in cramped quarters without overpowering it also i got curious on the older plasma rifle and newer plasma rifle reload times

V18 2 seconds

V19 final tests 3 seconds

V19 newest final test 2 seconds

huh seems like you reverted it back to its old reload speed.. this is good :) also have to say its cool you added in the perkristian sound effects by default into V19 but this time it wont interfere by using vanilla weapon sounds on the brutal weapons also the barons single attack still comes out at 2X speed but at least the triple attack has been slowed down so im ok with this.. tho i wouldnt mind the single attack also being reverted to old speed but whatever the reverted to old triple fireball speed is enough

edit: also i dont suppose its possible to release an add on that disables some more features than just the flares only... slaughter maps seem really hard to play for example the last room of go4it (plutonia 2) due to the massive amount of bullets, icon spawning, gibs, and cyberdemon rockets the framerate dropped to 1-3 FPS even if i switched to 640X480 and went software mode and had janitor mode with flares turned off.. granted i do not have a great comp with 1.6 GHz dual core and a lame radeon 6310 HD but still wouldnt hurt to have a newer add on to turn off some extra features kinda like someone else in this topic did but perhaps not that extreme
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

There is a fuck-ton of bugs in this test version... Mumblemumble pretty much summed them up.

And what in the hell did you do to the spread on the shotguns!? They barely hit anything at mid range, and the SSG can barely get headshots any more.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Infinite Ammo still doesn't work.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

@LegendaryFalco : Not saying this will fix everything, but changing blood to particles helps tons. Essentially that turns off blood spewing from guys / covering the floor as you shoot them, and it helps an lot.

@Valherran : The pump shotie still has good accuracy, double barrel was balanced so it can 1 shot cacos (thank god) but has a slower reload, and more spread. All and all I dont mind, but not being able to headshot a revenant is a nightmare with the second wind revenants.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

And hell nobles too.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”