Particle Fire Enhancer Mod (v0.8)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Big C

Re: Particle Fire Enhancer Mod (v0.8)

Post by Big C »

LucasGodzilla wrote:Every single download link isn't working! Can't you host a new one, maybe on Mediafire? That's a reliable download place
Try posting in this thread:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28589
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Were these particle effects integrated into Brutal Doom ?
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

Skrell wrote:Were these particle effects integrated into Brutal Doom ?
I think some effects were used, but I think it's the other way around.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

LucasGodzilla wrote:
Skrell wrote:Were these particle effects integrated into Brutal Doom ?
I think some effects were used, but I think it's the other way around.
this mod is much older than brutal doom, and AFAIK none of them borrow resources from each other. Maybe from other community projects though.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

hey, would i be able to use some of the things rom this mod? im really diggin the shell smoke and the exploding lost souls and stuff.
of course youll get credit (along with anyone else involved in this mod)
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

...this is my favorite mod ever.
i cant stop playing it, i have got nothing done on my mod because of this.
Z86

Post by Z86 »

You can use anything. Shell smoke spites are not made by me though, I think you'll find the author in the credits. IIRC those smokes are originally from Cory Whittle's Immoral Conduct, but I'm not 100%, as it has been spreading all over the mods.
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

exist any chance for pem working in heretic ?
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

are you working on anything else? id love to play some stuff, this is just a smooth running bad ass combination of stuff that doesnt mess with the pace of my game.
Z86

Post by Z86 »

I am working on a load of projects at the same time usually, but I recently had some will to start working on an update to this.

I started compiling a 0.9 version. First things first, I want to get rid of the many embedded wads and unused resources and make it a clean .pk3 format. Then add some extra features and some optimizations.

Planned features:
- many more altdeaths and custom deaths
- more noise, I plan to add ambient sounds to most decoration things
- improved decals
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Z86 wrote:I am working on a load of projects at the same time usually, but I recently had some will to start working on an update to this.

I started compiling a 0.9 version. First things first, I want to get rid of the many embedded wads and unused resources and make it a clean .pk3 format. Then add some extra features and some optimizations.

Planned features:
- many more altdeaths and custom deaths
- more noise, I plan to add ambient sounds to most decoration things
- improved decals

i have a ton of sounds resources (ive been redoing just about every monster (thanks to your mod) and weapon, and explosion and just all around everything haha) so when i get done, ill send you some stuff if you need it.
im working on cleaning up mine as well at the moment so i feel your pain.
what other mods are you working on?
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

I'm glad an update is coming. Some of the effects in there are truly amazing. Those Lost Souls, wow.

In the past I think you said you would consider a version with vanilla sound fx -- is that still a possibility? All the new SFX are the only thing I don't like about PFE, to be honest. I really prefer vanilla sounds, no footsteps, etc.

Either way, glad for the update.
LkMax

Post by LkMax »

An update? That sounds good =)
A pity I'm not good yet at zdoom modding nor am I having much time myself for my own projects, otherwise I could offer help if you needed.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Alexandra wrote:I'm glad an update is coming. Some of the effects in there are truly amazing. Those Lost Souls, wow.

In the past I think you said you would consider a version with vanilla sound fx -- is that still a possibility? All the new SFX are the only thing I don't like about PFE, to be honest. I really prefer vanilla sounds, no footsteps, etc.

Either way, glad for the update.
seriously, the lost souls and the cacoballs blew my mind. i cannot get over the cacoballs!

i love the sounds because the ricochet is insanely good, and the changing monster sounds kinda gives it a..."i dont know what monster that is around the corner" feel. which i usually wouldnt like but they just fit for some reason to me.

its good.
Z86

Post by Z86 »

You get used to the sound of D3 monsters fairly quickly. They are quite distinct.

I am actually considering a separate version with high quality original sounds (from Perkristian's sound pack). The only difficulty that I have with that is the sheer amount of sounds that are in Doom 3 and that I need to replace with high quality original sounding ones.

For instance:
Lost soul has a sound for: burning, idle, charging, charging ambient, pain, death. Charging, pain and death is in the original soundset, with borrowed idle from all demons.
Or fireballs/rockets have flying sounds. Or barrel pain sound. Or the lots of ambient sounds.

I may just make it less noisy with the original sounds, but my first priority is to get the things I had in mind to work.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”