Particle Fire Enhancer Mod (v0.8)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wolf00

Re: Particle Fire Enhancer Mod (v0.8)

Post by wolf00 »

in new ver of pem,do you have suported particle efects in heretic ?
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Z86 wrote:You get used to the sound of D3 monsters fairly quickly. They are quite distinct.

I am actually considering a separate version with high quality original sounds (from Perkristian's sound pack). The only difficulty that I have with that is the sheer amount of sounds that are in Doom 3 and that I need to replace with high quality original sounding ones.

For instance:
Lost soul has a sound for: burning, idle, charging, charging ambient, pain, death. Charging, pain and death is in the original soundset, with borrowed idle from all demons.
Or fireballs/rockets have flying sounds. Or barrel pain sound. Or the lots of ambient sounds.

I may just make it less noisy with the original sounds, but my first priority is to get the things I had in mind to work.

just keep it simple, nice and simple, i think youve got it perfect, just make an extra optional wad with normal sounds in case they want that, but i really really enjoy the d3 stuff.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

z86.
i recently got my hands on hellbound. the amount of detail, the design, the pace.
its perfect. i seriously havent played a wad that polished in a long time. i keep playing "open door, get jumped by 55 imps" wads.
this was exactly what i was looking for, it was immersive and made me feel like i was doing something.
and thats what i like.
post it here so people can easily find it, as its one of my most suggested wads.
seriously...eees nyce.
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

This mod is awesome has really cool effects and has very good quality. keep up!! :D
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Hate to bump an older topic, but is this still being worked on? My favorite visual mod, play it with just about everything. Would also like to see (hear?) the Zombieman's Active sounds fixed so he doesn't make a Pain sound while he's moving about (though it does lead to amusing commentary by me for my Let's Plays, apparently).
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

The BFG Firerate is significant faster if using continuous fire.
And the delay until the first BFG Ball spawns is shorter.

Why is this?

I just saw it, as I've removed the smoke spawner and made the content of NewBFGBall, NewBFGExplosion etc empty. Empty instead removing, because this way a savegame can be loaded.
I removed it, because someone else does a lets play of doom with this mod and the fps, when he shoots with plasma gun, went down to 20fps and I assume same will happen when he uses the BFG later. So I made these edits for him.

And I tried for the weapon decorate first using the original decorate script - but it still used the new sounds - but now the old graphics of gun sprites and there I saw that the sound of shooting the bfg ball was too early.
And using continuous fire was waaaay slower now. There I dont needed the help of sound, it is so damn faster with this mod. Due to this I have to realize that I had it much easier then on "Speed of Doom" Map 32 at beginning. (it was tough enough anyway though)

Do the other weapons have speed differences too? This should really be at vanilla timings, I dont want to cheat in this way^^

And its not because of my removing action.

I made now another test and the bfg is still firing faster if I stay with the untouched version - which I stay with - my PC is fast enough.

The thing is: Its not even slightly faster - it's continuous firing rate is enormous faster.
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

is z86 inactive?

The timing of the bfg how said is wrong and it really should get fixed..

Or do you know which values I would need to change to which value to get its original timing?

Also a lot of things arent authentic like the mancubus fireballs - the revenant and mancubus fireball look very very much more authentic at brutal doom.

The sounds of the doomguy dont satisfy me too. Especially the dying sound, sounds not that good imo. It should be a more serious sound overall. I mean the guy is "dying" ^^

I edited a lot here. Also the lost souls are much better imo if they have the original sprite and not the new model, but with the flames on it. The sprite together with the flames looks awesome.

The bullet casing drop sounds are a bit too loud. The barrel explosion sound and the rocket explosion sound are too soft. It needs to be a serious kaboom sound, not that softy thing.
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

I've edited a lot of it for myself, but doesnt matter unedited or this one - it kills performance so badly o.o

When there is lots of monsters fps gets really low. Speed of Doom Map28 and Map30 are unplayable with this..

I've seen at complex doom where you are able to bind a key for switching between effects to vanilla and complex doom effects enabled.

This would be sure a good solution for this mod as well. Means that if you press the key - all gun projectiles and all monster projectiles are the vanilla ones and no added effects, and no spawners of further particles and debris. So that you have for example a standard vanilla cacodemon fireball.

I just dont know how to do this :-/

But would be very helpful if you have such a map, when you can switch to that everytime you have an intense fight and fps problems with that.

Maybe someone is even so friendly and doing the job for me if someone is able to do it? Maybe even with a paypal donation if you dont want to do it for free, but I really would need that function.

Here the files:

http://killerinstinct.ath.cx:2000/wads/ ... 1_2015.pk3
http://killerinstinct.ath.cx:2000/wads/ ... 1_2015.pk3

You need to load it up in this order:

PFEnh-edit-demon.pk3
ImpFireB_ArchF_Blood_Bullet.pk3

Thank you.
cem26

Post by cem26 »

in my game effects not too much effective (ex:armour not shining like in videos) in my game
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

Try with my 2 files the map 28 of Speed of Doom, or even Map 30.

The fps goes down everytime when much shooting is happening at once.

And is there really no one who could do this for me what I requested? How said : I would offer a paypal donation if it encourages you to do the work. But please. There must be someone who is able to do this. Cant believe there is no one :(
cem26

Post by cem26 »

yea man you too right...
smartieskittlebass

Post by smartieskittlebass »

is there a way to just get the glowing bulletholes and decals as .pk3?
zenlikecreature

Post by zenlikecreature »

Sunlust MAP30 chokes to standstill
BTW it's a very nice mod but adds too much in one package. I made a lot of edits to it
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

zenlikecreature wrote:Sunlust MAP30 chokes to standstill
BTW it's a very nice mod but adds too much in one package. I made a lot of edits to it
I would love to see what you have made to this, please share it?
prometh
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by prometh »

It's called "Particle Fire Enhancer Mod" but it does so much more than that. The base feature should be isolated under this name and the other features added to some other mod.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”