TurboCharged ARCADE! -- The Sequel Episode!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gothic

Re: TurboCharged ARCADE! -- The Sequel Episode!

Post by Gothic »

I had the same issue. Maybe it's a problem with recent builds.
Wiitard77

Post by Wiitard77 »

Well glad to know I'm not the only one. Anyone got any solutions?
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

As the creator of that map I'm obliged to check the problem. I'm afraid I can't reproduce it! I'm using the latest dev build of ZDoom. On heading outside, you get the cutscene telling you where to go, which you can abort with any of the movement keys - then all you have to do is turn to the right and walk around the house a bit to grab the SSG. Once you've gotten that, the elf's hideout will become accessible.

One word of warning regarding the dev builds: currently slopes and skyboxes are broken. So you might run into other issues with the map(s).
Wiitard77

Post by Wiitard77 »

Well I'll have to try downloading that version of zdoom later, I'm currently renovating my room. As for the super shotgun, same thing happens, no script, no nothing. Even after nocliping out to grab the shotgun and getting the dialogue I the elf was still blocked. I could noclip to talk to him and no clip out that way I could progress to get in the radiation suit but then I couldn't go down the hole. Anyway I'll update you when I can get on and try the dev build. Hopefully I can find a solution.
Xeotroid
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xeotroid »

That map never worked right for me, after picking up SSG through normal gameplay, nothing happens. HOWEVER, if I immediately noclip out of the starting room and pick up the SSG, the player says something. A bigger problem is that the radsuit thing doesn't seem to be working, it does spawn and you can pick it up, but you're still blocked at the entrance to the cave without any message.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

So i found out, it is supposed to be played with ZDoom 2.5.0, here's the link for it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lod/downloads ... le-version

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”