[Released] Doomguy's Warzone With New Difficulties Available

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Doomguy 2000

Re: [Released] Doomguy's Warzone With New Difficulties Avail

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

wildweasel wrote:
Doomguy 2000 wrote:But yeah AEOD was more deserving of the worst wad award because of how popular it is.
...Seriously? You genuinely believe it should be "worst" because of how many people like it? What the hell, man.
Maybe Scuba Steve has a good point but then again my wad was worse but there has to have been a good reason as to why he choose AEOD over my wad. It's awesome that my mod was mentioned so when people want to read the cacowards for years to come they may be curious as to why my so called rip off of AEOD project is probably the worst of these kind of mods. The criticism does however inspire me to come out with a gold edition of Doomguy's Warzone. Instead of trying to make it good I'm going to try to make it worse.

Right now I want to do other things like make my own YouTube videos and focus more on my personal life.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:Maybe Scuba Steve has a good point but then again my wad was worse but there has to have been a good reason as to why he choose AEOD over my wad.
And that reason is because people like you make mods just like it.
Instead of trying to make it good I'm going to try to make it worse.
Expect an even larger wall of text if you do.
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

wildweasel wrote:Expect an even larger wall of text if you do.
Ha ha I wonder what else you could think as far as that goes would be something interesting. Hopefully I come up with more abominations of monsters that have never been seen before.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Oh so you're a troll.

k
Doomguy 2000

Post by Doomguy 2000 »

Trooper 077 wrote: Here's a thought for you, Just how different is the idea behind your mod and AEOD different. And please, im all ears to the good points brought up. Because something tells me the points brought up for AEOD's problems, could be the exact same problems for your wad. If you didn't notice you wad was the exact reason why AEOD won the award. Because it started this trend of a bunch of stolen resourses and a half-assed hour makes a good mod for doom.

Face it kid, Your wad practically won the award along with AEOD. It sucked and don't try blaming any other wad for it
1. It has no console errors.
2. It has new difficulties to make the gameplay different.
3. I tried out new stuff that has never been done before.
4. I created my own monsters and items to go with it.
5. It is a shuffle wad with mostly monsters from the realm667 bestiary mixed in with my own.
6. It has humor with some pop culture references.
7. It comes with different music in separate pk3 files so if you want to try listening to the music I selected for the pk3s.
8. I playtested and made sure there where no bugs and conflicting problems with the monster sprites and sounds. Did the same thing for weapons and items.
9. I tried out my own different art style with the pictures I personally took with my camera and put them in there.

My wad was the reason why AEOD won the award?

You really think I won that award with AEOD?

Well here are your reasons as to why Doomguy's Warzone is different than AEOD while the concept is the same.
Big C

Post by Big C »

There is a difference between "different" and "different and good".

Also, while AEOD had varied resources, they were at vaguely coherent resources when standing alongside each other. Putting the black guy from Batman Doom in the same room as the Strogg Makron conversely, does not really jibe.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

1. It has no console errors.
Big whoop, Doesn't make the gameplay any better
AEOD Did that for awhile and alot of other shuffle wads did it too
3. I tried out new stuff that has never been done before
Really? Like what?
Bullshit, All I see is a bunch of stolen resources, Some of the coding for the weapons is the exact same coding from where it originates from
5. It is a shuffle wad with mostly monsters from the realm667 bestiary mixed in with my own.
Alot like AEOD.
Congrats, Want a medal?
7. It comes with different music in separate pk3 files so if you want to try listening to the music I selected for the pk3s
Like AEOD.
8. I playtested and made sure there where no bugs and conflicting problems with the monster sprites and sounds. Did the same thing for weapons and items.
And AEOD Didn't playtest it?
9. I tried out my own different art style with the pictures I personally took with my camera and put them in there.
Bullshit, All I see is a bunch of stolen resources,
My wad was the reason why AEOD won the award?

Damn right, Your garbage of effort was the reason that AEOD won it, Because it gave the idea of a shuffle wad to you
You really think I won that award with AEOD?
Hell yes, Your crapfest should have won the award alone.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Why do you still try to defend this shit? It got the worst wad award with AEOD, deal with it.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:1. It has no console errors.
3. I tried out new stuff that has never been done before.
7. It comes with different music in separate pk3 files so if you want to try listening to the music I selected for the pk3s.
1. Aside from a single "Unknown patch" message the latest version of AEoD has no console errors.
2. As has been mentioned already, AEoD currently has one new difficulty level (not too knowledgeable about past versions).
3. Even if it wasn't actually the first randomiser mod for ZDoom (much like how Doom itself was not the first FPS) AEoD popularised the style, so they very much tried to do something that hadn't really been done before (and then the mountains of DECORATE for the weapons and enemies, particularly bosses that have new behaviour etc.).
4. Once again, same for AEoD (hence why if you look inside the .pk3 there is a MonCustom file along with others like MonDuke and MonBlood)
5. Some (though not all) of the monsters from the Bestiary are in AEoD, most of the monsters have been coded from scratch.
6. ...
7. AEoD has its own music file...
8. AEoD was playtested to death by a team of people

...yeah. 'Nuff said.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

If the highlight of your mod is “It has no errors”, then I believe you need to re-think the mod, because it's most likely not a good idea.
zap610

Post by zap610 »

Wow this looks so much cooler than AEOD!
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

under the logic "no errors" then http://basementnet.us/ryan/bestwadever.zip once again comes out as the best wad ever made!

edit: typo
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Trooper 077 wrote:Alot like AEOD.
Sorry I couldn't resist.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Doomguy 2000 wrote:But yeah AEOD was more deserving of the worst wad award because of how popular it is. There were also good points brought up on why it would be the worst wad.
Doomguy 2000 wrote:My project was inspired by Aeons of Death.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

wildweasel wrote:The Realm667 Bestiary isn't a "make your own wad" generator. Do you have any idea how many wads we've seen that are little more than a compilation of every monster and weapon on Realm667? Scalliano pretty much has that market cornered, and he's at least honest enough to say up front that his mod consists entirely of realm667 resources.
Well, there is some other stuff in it too, but yeah.

And it's only 41MB 8-)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”