Score/Stats system added (V.3, see features for details), a couple of MAJOR
balance fixes and an optional "CLASSIC" Patch
to play without any Heretic/Hexen like enemies. Download, and full changelog below >>>FEATURES
:- A LOT OF NEW MONSTERS:v3.1: Added optional "Classic" patch to play without any Heretic/Hexen like enemies.
All of them classified on different classes, with different chances of appearing based on their strenght or their nasty or not so nasty tactics. The monster sprites and base decorate are from different sources, more noticeable is the 667 Bestiary, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem and Blood. Of Course, it's not a nonsense mix... just the monsters wich look like belonging to the DOOM universe/context are included, it's not AoD.
Most of the monster sizes, life, damage, attacks and sometimes entire decorate have been modified to make sense into the place the monster has inside it's class branch. So, while there's a lot of new monsters with different attacks, it will still be DOOM and will still be "balanced" (once you become accustomed to it, it depends on the WAD you are playing to, Hell Revealed will really be Hell now).- SCORE/STATS System: v3 only
A simple but welcome addition to the slaughter. In your upper right corner you'll see from up to down: (the following stats are applied to the whole game or wad, not just the level)PLAYERNAME
: Well... it's your playername.CRED
: Credits. This is your total score. Each monster gives you a certain ammount of credits based on it's power, you'll see the credits you earn appear on the log (upper left corner) and get added to your total. If you gib/XDeath an enemy the credits earned will be doubled, also, if you kill a friendly npc you'll lose points (a lot) and like the monsters, if you gib them, you'll lose double credits.KILL
: The total number of kills.ZOMB
: Number of zombies you killed.HELL
: Number of hellspawn you killed.BOSS
: Number of bosses you killed.CASU
: Number of casualties/allied kills (not counted on total kills).- ALLIES AND VICTIMS: v3: UAC Sentry Bot added, killing a friendly npc decreases your score.
As in DOOM3, sometimes (don't count on it, it doesn't happen that much) you'll find surviving marines wich like you will fight against the hell hordes, of course, like in DOOM3, they'll not live to long, DOOM is a lone wolf experience and it should remain like that. Also, you may find people who are still alive, but don't save hope, their minds are shattered by the tortures of hell, they'll not listen to anyone, they just run... and run....- DOOM3 WEAPONS in DOOM2 style: v3: Shotgun and Supershotgun kickback increased, Fullscreen hud ammo counter slightly upgraded.
DOOM 3 arsenal +RoE Super Shotgun (Soul cube isn't included cause it sucks). Weapong shellcasting and reloading paradise a la DOOM2 style.- NEW SOUNDS: v3: Each item has it's own pickup sound
All the weapons, base monsters and some of the new monster sounds have been replaced with sounds from DOOM3, QUAKE4 (arachnotron and some new monster sounds), and QUAKE3 (some new monsters).- NEW EFFECTS:
New gore effects (yes, nash gore **), improved fireballs, footsteps, breakable objects/props (DOOM enchanced), some enviroment sounds, visible player crouching and weapons, etc. FPS candy.- NEW MAIN SCREEN MUSIC:
If the DOOM Rising wads are the last to load in your load order you'll hear new tunes for the DOOM1 and DOOM2 tittle, inter and message screens. Music comes from DOOM3 (main music theme), Classic DOOM3 mod for DOOM3, and Dark side of Phobos (message music).- WAD COMPATIBILITY:
You can play DOOM Rising in all the DOOM games and all maps and megawads, only if those don't change the base monsters or weapons. I STRONGLY recommend you to play with OBLIGE if you are tired of the widely known megawads out there. OBLIGE generates good looking random maps wich are fun to play! If you use OBLIGE, i made a patch to get rid of the mood breaking OBLIGE banners in maps. See below. SETUP:- DOWNLOAD V3.1 + Classic Patch
(Classic Patch is optional
. To use it, it must be loaded after
the regular DOOM Rising wads)READ THE CHANGELOG FOR DETAILS!!3.0 to 3.1 changelog:- Added optional "Classic" patch (DOOM Rising -classic.wad) to play without any Hexen/Heretic like enemies.
- Health potions now give 2 HP instead of 5.
- Shotgun ammo drops slightly reduced.
- Maulotaur erased from both Classic and Regular versions.
- UAC Sentry Bot now has 100 HP instead of 150.
- Destroying a Friendly Sentry Bot now decreases your score -100.
- Killing a Friendly Marine now decreases your score -500.
- Killing a Friendly Survivor now decreases your score -1000.2.0 to 3.0 changelog:- Fullscreen HUD ammo counter slightly upgrated.
- Score/stats system added (Fullscreen HUD only).
- Credits earned per kill are shown on the log.
- Killing a friendly npc will display a message on the center of the screen and decrease you score/cred.
- Keys are shown next to health and armor (Fullscreen HUD only).
- Friendly UAC Sentry Bot added using DOOM3 sounds and George Hamlin's UACBOT sprites.
- Almost all items now have it's own pickup sound from DOOM3.
- New teleport sound (DOOM3mp).
- Shotgun and Supershotgun kickback increased.
- Increased drops of Pistol and Shotgun ammo.
- Armor Helmets now give 5 armor points instead of 1.
- Health Potions now give 5 hp instead of 1.
- Berserk powerup now lasts 30 seconds instead of 20.
- A LOT of monster balance changes.
- Fixed bug preventing the player from using grenades.
- Added missing BRIGHT keywords to some monster states.
- Fixed "unknown script 998" bug.1.07b to 2.0 changelog:- DOOM3 SSG (2.5 styled as the rest of the weapons) added to complete the arsenal with fully functional reload and shellcasting using SNIPER 109 sprites.
- Regular Shotgun sounds corrected.
- Added custom PLAYPAL (Slight modifications).
- Huge update to the monster code. Monster properties revised one by one to be more fair with the player and to balance the overall gameplay experience.
- References to useless data into the code removed.1.0 to 1.07b changelog:- Hellkinght roster monsters properties modified to be more consistent
- BruiserDemon's ground flames attack removed
- Some minor fixes to the BloodZombie
- Zombie roster spawning chances modified to allow more variation
- Enjay's Cacomental added to the Cacodemon roster
- Hexen's Firedemon (Afrit) added to the imp roster (4th tier)
- Lava smoke effect replaced with the DOOM enhanced one
- FormerBerserker by Virtue added to the boss roster (2nd Tier)
- Hades Elemental now summons Watchers as his only attack
- Overlord now summons Watchers instead of Hades Spheres
- Idle monster sounds silenced (Chainsaw Zombie was really annoying)
- Spawning chance of melee zombies slightly raised
- Spawning chance of Chainsaw Zombie decreased
- Fat Zombie (Melee) added using Blood's BloatedButcher sprites
- Fixed Speed and Scale values of some monsters
- Only GZDOOM compatible!!! use the last SVN version
- Doom Rising is divided in 3 wads wich are dependant on each other, they must be loaded in order and allways after your megawad or map files if you are using one. This is the I use Zdoom loader
- If you play OBLIGE maps load THIS
wad after the OBLIGE map wad to get rid of the OBLIGE banners.
- You can get OBLIGE RMG here!Now Play!!
Doom Enhanced: Kinsie
DOOM3 Weapons: KronoS
DOOM3 SSG Sprites: SNIPER 109
Blood Sprites: Monolith
Duke Nukem Sprites: 3D Realms
Hexen and Heretic Stuff: Raven Software
UAC Sentry Bot sprites: George Hamlin
DOOM3, QUAKE4 and QUAKE3 Sounds: Id Software, Raven Software
Music by: Id Software, Overclocked Remix and Sonic Clang
Realm 667 Monsters, you can see the credits for each one of them here
There's a ton of stuff in here, so I will not point all of it now, but you should know that I'm not claiming authory over the sprites or the awesome decorate codes of some of the things in here. It's a mod made for fun and not for self godiffication (I don't know if that exists, just let me be), it's a kind of "deeper" classic doom experiece, if that is possible... it's fun to me and I hope it will be fun for you. All the rights over the material and trademarks cited and used here are property of their respective authors.