[WIP] -The Works- Super Shuffle! 0.9 Update

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZDG

[WIP] -The Works- Super Shuffle! 0.9 Update

Post by ZDG »

TWSS is a weapon compilation, using ONLY the resources from Marty Kirra's compilation: The Works.
As the logo says, it's a BETA, and it's NOWHERE NEAR FINISHED.
But,since i'm actively working on it, it should be finished in some months.

WHAT'S IN?
-Reloading
-Bullet,shell and clip casings
-New health items
-New ammunitions
WHAT WILL BE IN?
-The other weapons.
(POSSIBILITY)-The second pack weapons (if they ever get released)
WHAT WON'T BE IN?
-Some weapons (redundancy,mostly) : The GoF shotgun and the Mech arm.
-ANY weapon that isn't in the pack
-Monsters

Some screenshots, if you're curious:
Spoiler:
VERSION 0.9 CHANGELOG:
-Added the Assault shotgun and the Handcannon. All weapons are in, finally!
-Spawners for all (non class-specific) weapons!
-Small touchups here and there.

So, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR TO TEST IT?
GET IT HERE!
Last edited by ZDG on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 am, edited 12 times in total.
InsanityBringer

Re: [WIP] -The Works- Super Shuffle!

Post by InsanityBringer »

What did you do to that weapon in the first screenshot? It looks horrible compared to the original.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

ZDG, Are you looking for someone to aid you in this project?
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

InsanityBringer wrote:What did you do to that weapon in the first screenshot? It looks horrible compared to the original.
Well, it's one of the frames in the pack, i didn't touched it. It's supposed to be "recoil", but the normal frame looks good compared to this pixelated thingy.
@Trooper Not now, but i could use some help later, i'll see.
Btw, if MK ever releases the second pack, there will be more weapons, and the Leviathan will be angled.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

InsanityBringer wrote:What did you do to that weapon in the first screenshot? It looks horrible compared to the original.
The filters make them look like crap. No, I mean that literally. :blergh:

In short: Another shuffly weapon mod. We'll see how it goes...
AVGN

Post by AVGN »

What is this smudgestick effect dude?
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

An ugly one.
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

AVGN wrote:What is this smudgestick effect dude?
Mikk- wrote:An ugly one.
Does stultifying the projects of others make you feel better about your own?

I like this.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

TheDoomGuy wrote:Does stultifying the projects of others make you feel better about your own?
You don't know unless you learn. And you don't learn unless someone teaches you.

In this case, I don't find the screenshots flattering. And as I said:
NeuralStunner wrote:Another shuffly weapon mod. We'll see how it goes...
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Adopting the "List of Grievances" format once again...
  1. The animations need a serious amount of work. There's not enough movement to them and they're quite jerky.
  2. What's with the random sound effects? They don't work that well with each other, and particularly with the Imp Hunter Mk2 shotgun, I was convinced that when the weapon made a different firing sound that there was something actually different going on with the weapon.
  3. The reloading is also a little confusing. The way your reload animation works, I was convinced that I had only loaded one shell into the weapon.
  4. "There is no shells in the shotgun!" Not only is it supposed to be "are" instead of "is", this message floods the console due to your using A_Print. A clicky noise is quite fine and most people associate that with an empty weapon anyway. Lose the message.
  5. Not all the weapons have manual reloading? The silenced pistol ought to have a magazine release on it...it's not a bloody M1 Garand!
  6. I have no idea what the difference is between the two versions of the Imp Hunter shotgun - it appears twice on the weapon list for no apparent reason.
  7. The CX4 on Slot 4, which is not supposed to be an assault rifle, is 100% accurate, likely due to your not handling the accuracy correctly (either set the number of bullets to -1 or make sure there's an A_Refire).
  8. Same deal with the TMP: 100% accurate. Fix that.
  9. The silenced sniper rifle makes mech stomping noises.
  10. Make the massdriver/railgun thing actually line up to its trail when it fires. It's apparently coming from the player's chest.
  11. I'm unsure at the moment why the plasma shotgun behaves like a BFG2704. Just borrowing the codepointer out of laziness?
  12. I'm aware this is a work in progress, but the player does not start with any new weapons. I was worried for a moment that there were not any new weapons implemented, or that I had forgotten to load the WAD.
Basically, this mod as it stands does not do any justice to the graphics being used in it. It needs a lot of work.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

holy hell no. how can you use that filter effect? jesus christ turn it off. :P i've used it sometime too, just don't remember it to look that bad. makes dooms lowres graphics look even crappier.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

TheDoomGuy wrote:
Mikk- wrote:An ugly one.
Does stultifying the projects of others make you feel better about your own?
The smudge-stick effect is an ugly GzDOOM filter. NOT part of the mod.
Also, I happen to be making a project currently, I'd be honoured if you checked it out before jumping to a conclusion.

[Post edited, rudeness removed]
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

wildweasel wrote:
  1. The animations need a serious amount of work. There's not enough movement to them and they're quite jerky.
'Kay, i'll work on that.
[*]What's with the random sound effects? They don't work that well with each other, and particularly with the Imp Hunter Mk2 shotgun, I was convinced that when the weapon made a different firing sound that there was something actually different going on with the weapon.
Yeah the pump sounds are pretty different, i'll delete one of them.
[*]The reloading is also a little confusing. The way your reload animation works, I was convinced that I had only loaded one shell into the weapon.
The Imp Hunter? I don't know what do you mean.
[*]"There is no shells in the shotgun!" Not only is it supposed to be "are" instead of "is", this message floods the console due to your using A_Print. A clicky noise is quite fine and most people associate that with an empty weapon anyway. Lose the message.
Heh, typo, i'll fix that. And i'll add a sound.
[*]Not all the weapons have manual reloading? The silenced pistol ought to have a magazine release on it...it's not a bloody M1 Garand!
Yeah, some weapons doesn't have, mostly the weapons with high clip count. But i'll do a scripted reloading afterwards.
[*]I have no idea what the difference is between the two versions of the Imp Hunter shotgun - it appears twice on the weapon list for no apparent reason.
The MK2 is silghty more powerfull, but i will replace the sprites.
[*]The CX4 on Slot 4, which is not supposed to be an assault rifle, is 100% accurate, likely due to your not handling the accuracy correctly (either set the number of bullets to -1 or make sure there's an A_Refire).
Yeah, the spreads are set to zero, i'll change it to 3.
[*]Same deal with the TMP: 100% accurate. Fix that.
Yep, same thing.
[*]The silenced sniper rifle makes mech stomping noises.
Didn't found a fitting sound.
[*]Make the massdriver/railgun thing actually line up to its trail when it fires. It's apparently coming from the player's chest.
'Kay, i'll change the Xoffset to 4.
[*]I'm unsure at the moment why the plasma shotgun behaves like a BFG2704. Just borrowing the codepointer out of laziness?
Mostly, yeah. :P But somehow, it works like a shotgun that fires plasma.
[*]I'm aware this is a work in progress, but the player does not start with any new weapons. I was worried for a moment that there were not any new weapons implemented, or that I had forgotten to load the WAD.[/list]
Yep, i'll add playerclasses with different start items.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well, above all, your focus should be on making this mod a coherent and fun mod on its own. Just lumping a bunch of random crap together does not make for a good mod on its own, so you'll want to make sure everything fits together.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

For the silenced sniper rifle,use the goldeneye silencer shot sound,its campy but it works

The weapons are WAY to accurate,a TMP should be good for close to medium quaters but crappy in the longe range.

Looking over the weapons,I see that alot of them still need to be done,I also suggest using some of your items or the items from Realm 667.Also,message me when your about to do the doom hunt shotgun,I have a fix for the idle sprite that ludicaro did for me over at the Realm667 forums,The fix basically extends the wooden pary fo the handle so it doesn't look like it got cut off

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”