[WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LanHikariDS

Re: [WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Post by LanHikariDS »

Really nice, but it has some issues when played in Deathmatch. Sometimes the crosshair won't show up, you can't use health stims, or jump.

EDIT: Or Sprint.
Last edited by LanHikariDS on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

LanHikariDS wrote:Really nice, but it has some issues when played in Deathmatch. Sometimes the crosshair won't show up, you can't use health stims, or jump.
I don't know if MagSigmaX had plans for a multiplayer feature of this mod. If yes he might have removed the use of the health stims and jump to balance the multiplayer part. We might never know since Mag is missing for a few months now and we may had to wait till he resurfaces to ask him about the future of this mod. You could send him a pm and hope he will answer you as soon as he'll log in on the forum. He is known to be away for long period of time so don't worry if he don't reply right away.

On a personal note i really hope he will resume his work on this mod because it's a really awesome mod and it would be a shame to abandon it. I made a few personal changes for my own use to the mod but it's nothing compare to what Mag could do.
LanHikariDS

Post by LanHikariDS »

It can't be by intention, because whenever I try use a stimpack in Deathmatch, ZDoom brings up an error in the console, rather than just ignoring it. As for jumping, maybe, but I wasn't just unable to boost jump, I wasn't able to jump at all.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

I know it might sounds silly but have you enabled the jump option in the compatibility section in zdoom? I

tried the map on single player mode and everything worked fine. I could boost jump, use stims and i never lost my crosshairs so maybe there is a setting somewhere in zdoom or in your multiplayer map settings needing to be turned on to make the mod works properly in multiplayer, deathmatch and co-op modes.

I'm not a map maker so i don't really know if such options or settings could be turned on while making the map but i'm sure some ppl here could answer that question and if those options exist and you haven't turned them on that might be the problem.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

It sounds like a lot of these are scripts that were not set up to work with more than one player.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

wildweasel wrote:It sounds like a lot of these are scripts that were not set up to work with more than one player.
Yeah i think you are right because i just tried it in deathmatch with my gf and the bugs reported all shown up. I had no crosshair most of the time, the regenerative shield worked rarely, i couldn't jump and use stims. What's odd is the bugs only occured after my gf entered the map after me. Before she did everything looked fine but as soon as she entered the map the bugs show up. So clearly this mod can't be played in multiplayer games without having some bugs. It's still fairly playable thought and the bugs aren't preventing the players to kill eachothers so i for me it's only minor annoyances.
LanHikariDS

Post by LanHikariDS »

wildweasel wrote:It sounds like a lot of these are scripts that were not set up to work with more than one player.
Odd, I just hosted a game on my computer, but Coop, instead of Deathmatch, and from playing with myself, I've noticed that the issues changed. In coop, there was a chance for each player that they could jump, powerjump and sprint, but there was also chance your energy wouldn't recharge (ever.). HealthStims still don't work, though. Crosshairs are still doing their own thing, too.
CyborgParrot
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by CyborgParrot »

Is This still being worked on?

I'd be pretty sad if this isn't being worked on anymore becasue this is one of my Favorite Gameplay Modifications for Doom
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

CyborgParrot wrote:Is This still being worked on?

I'd be pretty sad if this isn't being worked on anymore becasue this is one of my Favorite Gameplay Modifications for Doom
It's on hold til the author decides to come back and work on it again.
User160971235

Post by User160971235 »

Lol, considering his multiplayer-support promise, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the whole reason MagSigmaX isn't really too enthusiastic to come back to this mod. "Sayonara, bub. I ain't reworking all that code."
potatolord

Post by potatolord »

how do i download this? :?: tell me how by sending a reply
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

If you look in the original post, there's some red text underneath one of the videos, which says, "CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD BETA 2 (v0.2a)".
mutator

Post by mutator »

can you play msx mod without the custom monsters in it?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Then someone needs to make addon out of it. And i don't think the original creator is active to this day to answer.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Captain J wrote:Then someone needs to make addon out of it. And i don't think the original creator is active to this day to answer.
yeah I call this mod abandoned... last year it was updated is 2013 and ever since its untouched so I call this dead mod sadly.. it would be lovely to see some progress but i assume creator of mod gave up with it

Return to “Gameplay Mods”