ZDoom Multiplayer Launcher

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dittohead

ZDoom Multiplayer Launcher

Post by Dittohead »

I posted this over at the Doomworld forums, and I thought I'd give it a quick plug here as well.

I've developed a simple program that allows ZDoom and GZDoom users to launch multiplayer games from an easy-to-use console GUI as opposed to using the command line. All of the basic options are there, and I'd be willing to hear suggestions from the community on what else to include or fix. Hopefully somebody finds this program useful.

The launcher executable can be ran from any location. It does not need any formal installation.

.Net framework is required

Download:
-----------
http://youfailit.net/derek/launcher.rar
lolwut?

Re: ZDoom Multiplayer Launcher

Post by lolwut? »

But how someone EXACTLY joins?
Karnizero

Post by Karnizero »

If you want a relatively long list of features and issues I found, click the spoiler button.
Spoiler:
Without having into account the issues, I find your launcher not bad at all. The problem is that I will be not using your launcher since I play SkullTag for multiplayer, not zDoom.
If you could add support for SkullTag, with "favourite servers" lists I could be using your launcher, since I always connect the same SkullTag servers and it's annoying to open Doomseeker, refresh servers and click my favourite server to connect to.
alysiumX

Post by alysiumX »

Nice attempt, but it definitely needs clean up.
Dittohead

Post by Dittohead »

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely reference these for the next release.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Is there any way to add more than just two custom PWAD files? I have a bunch of mods I want to play with my brother online, but this thing can only load up to two additional PWADs, which is a huge, huge problem.

Another thing... being a total newb when it comes to Multiplayer... what is the IP Address section for? I tried using my IP Address, but that didn't seem to work...

Return to “Launchers”