[Finished] PSX Quake 2 deathmatch maps and weapons v2.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Finished] PSX Quake 2 deathmatch maps and weapons

Post by wildweasel »

Kaal979 wrote:Why didnt you make the Doom64 weapons
since they are the only ones with muzzleflashes?
Um, because the Doom 64 weapons have already been made several times?
Kaal979

Post by Kaal979 »

Oh - i ment of course the Quake64 weapons - small mistake.
But seriously - they are more than worth it!

P.S.: The N64 version also came
with exclusive multiplayer skins btw.!
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Kaal979 wrote:Oh - i ment of course the Quake64 weapons - small mistake.
I've never played that game, tbh.
Filesha

Post by Filesha »

Hi, everybody! I have problems this mod. First I don't know as to turn on the normal music in the game. The normal plays in menu, but in game it seems as music from quake but some 16 bit midi. And the second problem when I prescribe the necessary map in the console for example of q2dm02 to me gives out a mistake about that that - player 1 no start and textures doesn't find in what a problem?
I start mod by means of .bat file in which such command line is: gzdoom.exe - file QuaMusic.pk3 Qua.pk3 QuaModels.pk3. I Use the last assembly of gZdoom from this topic, doom.wad original. What wrong I do? In advance I from Russia apologize for my English))
BFG

Post by BFG »

please replace the Duke explosions with more realistic ones like the ones in AEoD !
Filesha

Post by Filesha »

All fine, thanks! I have a last question - how to connect to the game another players? I try commands in console - join or connect. Sytem get answer "unknow command" And I try lunch game with this command in .bat file - join 24.196.x.x I wrote IP from my second PC. Buy this way I try to connecting through Hamachi. Please give me a manual to create server with this game and ways to connect to a host server. I can't find it in FAQ.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Filesha wrote:First I don't know as to turn on the normal music in the game. The normal plays in menu, but in game it seems as music from quake but some 16 bit midi.
It's because I never made the "Quake 2" music available in normal maps. It's only meant to play in the Deathmatch levels, so what you hear is the normal music from Doom.
Filesha wrote:when I prescribe the necessary map in the console for example of q2dm02 to me gives out a mistake about that that - player 1 no start
This is because the level is not meant to be played on single player. It's only playable on Deathmatch (I'll explain below).
Filesha wrote:I Use the last assembly of gZdoom from this topic, doom.wad original. What wrong I do?
If you get missing textures, you should try Doom2.wad.
Filesha wrote:how to connect to the game another players?
If you're the host player, you should try using something like the following:

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -file Qua.pk3 QuaMusic.pk3 QuaModels.pk3 -host 2 -deathmatch +fraglimit 10 +map q2dm01
-host 2 means the game will have a total of 2 players. You can change the number if you want to play with more people.
-deathmatch is obligatory, because the exclusive levels are Deathmatch-only. Starting the game without this command will cause it to go into Cooperative mode, which will only work in normal maps (not the ones provided by this mod).
+map q2dm01 means the game will start in "Q2DM01: Cold Storage". Changing the map in the command will cause the game to start in another map.
+fraglimit 10 means the map will finish when one player reaches 10 kills. This is optional, but if you don't provide a number, the map will continue indefinitely.

The host player can also change the map at any time by opening the console and typing "changemap q2dmXX" where "XX" is the number of a map.

If you are a player who's going to join the game, you have to start the game like this:

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -file Qua.pk3 QuaMusic.pk3 QuaModels.pk3 -join [host ip]
[host ip] means this has to be replaced by the IP of the player hosting the game.

Remember that when playing online, all players must use the same IWAD/PWADs.
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

I'm sure I'm way off topic here, but I ported the Quake 2 N64 deathmatch maps a few years ago.
http://dna.zeliepa.net/quake2/index.htm
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Well, I think it could be considered on-topic if you're planning to use this weapon pack with those maps (which I think is a great idea, btw).
fianovale

Post by fianovale »

Hi! First of all, I want to say that i love this mod, its very fun to play and very nostalgic, but i have a problem with the map "Aquaplex" when I select the map via console, a messege is display " the music Quadm - not found". :?
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

fianovale wrote:Hi! First of all, I want to say that i love this mod, its very fun to play and very nostalgic, but i have a problem with the map "Aquaplex" when I select the map via console, a messege is display " the music Quadm - not found". :?
Oops, that's a typo on my part. My bad, but thanks for reporting this. I've already fixed it, and updated the download link (it's the core file).
fianovale

Post by fianovale »

hfc2x wrote:
fianovale wrote:Hi! First of all, I want to say that i love this mod, its very fun to play and very nostalgic, but i have a problem with the map "Aquaplex" when I select the map via console, a messege is display " the music Quadm - not found". :?
Oops, that's a typo on my part. My bad, but thanks for reporting this. I've already fixed it, and updated the download link (it's the core file).

Thanks, now works perfect! Can you also fix a bug on Colloseum?, there times that the rocket launcher cant be pick for a reason... but wen i respawn after death works fine...
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

fianovale wrote:Can you also fix a bug on Colloseum?, there times that the rocket launcher cant be pick for a reason... but wen i respawn after death works fine...
I've never encountered bugs in Colloseum, to be honest. Perhaps you should be more specific.
fianovale

Post by fianovale »

hfc2x wrote:
fianovale wrote:Can you also fix a bug on Colloseum?, there times that the rocket launcher cant be pick for a reason... but wen i respawn after death works fine...
I've never encountered bugs in Colloseum, to be honest. Perhaps you should be more specific.
Sorry, my bad, i fix it whit the option "weapon stay NO" :D
Thanks!
hfc2x

Re: [Finished] PSX Quake 2 deathmatch maps and weapons v2.0

Post by hfc2x »

Bump! Just to let you know that this mod has been updated. Changes detailed in the Changelog section of the first post.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”