ULTIMATE SUPER DOOM 3 MOD [RELEASED] + patch 4.9

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Blue Shadow

Re: ULTIMATE SUPER DOOM 3 MOD [WIP]

Post by Blue Shadow »

DBThanatos wrote:-Fix the buggy reloading system. Sometimes you had to press the key several times in order for the sequence to trigger. That's a big issue.
Yeah, that one really bugged me while I was playing vol.3. I thought this has been fixed by now.

Imagine your're in a situation where every moment is critical, ie that scythe 2 level DBThanatos uploaded and died a dozen or so times in, and you're trying to reload and it doesn't respond immediately... I mean... It really becomes frustrating.

I'm sure, if not all, most of those issues have been resolved in Take II, why don't you backport them to you mod? DBThanatos wouldn't mind.
DBThanatos wrote:as long as due credit is given, Im all fine with that.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

the reload sistem was fixed, shotgun and bfg thanks to dbthanatos, fixed several things too, but almost the game need to be balanced agree with skulltag, i know i removed several cool effects from take II for the reazon about not incovenience the gameplay to this port, for example;

forgotten cant be 100% spawned into a map, this cause the server kick the player for several actors, so i limited the numbers of forgottens, pain elemental only can summon 3 ( but if he enter to melee state can summon others 2), cacodemon fireball removed some actors too, but at the same time added new effects too; bulletpuffs, berserk and artifact screens, new monster death animation, etc.

and about multiplayer, i removed the gametype dm and similars for the scripts only can be used on sp and coop or survivor coop. Max players ; 2 (skulltag), but on gzdoom can be more , becuase the script of the max players only works on skulltag.
bleant

Post by bleant »

Oh, wait, so you meant he WAD is, in fact, not 100% complete, i think we gave a step back then...

If this is not 100% complete, how complete is it?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

bleant wrote:Oh, wait, so you meant he WAD is, in fact, not 100% complete, i think we gave a step back then...

If this is not 100% complete, how complete is it?
100% completed, but the wad now need to be tested first before the relase, for the moment no bugs, but i need to test more wads with this.....about the release date i think will be saturday or sunday of this week.
bleant

Post by bleant »

That's when my class starts again... :P

Well, good enough for me. I'm waiting.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

coming soon
Last edited by DOOMERO-21 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleant

Post by bleant »

Something has been bothering me, who is that yellow dude that appears at the start of the game?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

the real enemy...
bleant

Re: ULTIMATE SUPER DOOM 3 MOD [RELEASED]

Post by bleant »

Posting just so people see it's been released!

AWESOME mod, epic, better played on openGL, although i don't recommend playing with openGL in a weak computer, seriously.

100/10, grab a drink and take a rest marine.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Hmmm. I somehow missed it was released. Downloading now, though it'll take quite some time.
bleant

Post by bleant »

Actually, almost everyone did i guess.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

trying to download again. did i miss any alternative download link? Megaupload keeps failing me....
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

I havent tested much, but it does look much better. At least the explosion effects were enhanced (sorry to say, but in v 4.5 those were just horrible).Also the new deaths look much, much better. I wonder how was that ripped? directly in game? Anyway, Im having troubles with the custom bindings though. How am I supposed to use the "artifact"? Im not finding the configurable option in "customize controls".
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

DBThanatos wrote:I havent tested much, but it does look much better. At least the explosion effects were enhanced (sorry to say, but in v 4.5 those were just horrible).Also the new deaths look much, much better. I wonder how was that ripped? directly in game? Anyway, Im having troubles with the custom bindings though. How am I supposed to use the "artifact"? Im not finding the configurable option in "customize controls".
artifact use the same button of soulcube "Q"

and the absortion works automatic, only you need aim and close distance the artifact to a dead body...and yes, death animation ripped directly from the game thanks to a test box map by Ben Pulido...
Alvas

Post by Alvas »

Why do I keep getting >9000 script errors and 5000+ missing textures? this is with skulltag and gzdoom

Return to “Gameplay Mods”