My Project "Internal Conflict"

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Seiat

My Project "Internal Conflict"

Post by Seiat »

I've already posted this on the Skulltag forums, but I was curious as to what the ZDoom community thinks.
Ctrl c, Ctrl v:

"Hey all, here's a little peek into the project I'm currently working on. The Icon of Sin was felled to our hero, and as such the remaining monsters have to decide on a leader, a new "Icon of Sin" so to speak. What better way to do that then fight to the death with each other and see who's left? This is the kind of thing that starts an internal conflict.

In this mod, you play as only the Doom 1&2 monsters in a Last Man Standing war, however there's a twist. You start off with only your regular monster weapon, but as you get moving your ammo for stronger versions of your attack regenerate and become available. This project is far from done, and is my very first pk3/mod, however I'm quite proud of the shape it's taken so far.

In addition to gaining ammunition for your stronger weapons, you can unlock achievements with characters to get special one-shot overpowered techniques, summons, morphing abilities and more... The power of the weapon will depend on the difficulty of the achievement, so naturally a massive weapon that's going to own everyone who gets hit is gonna be near-impossible to get.

Yes, there are some ripped & modified sprites, however there are custom ones I drew by hand as well ( Too bad i'm not a great artist :P ). The gameplay is meant to be hectic, unfair (but balanced), and no rules. If there's someone making you angry, form an alliance with another demon and kill him, then continue to beat the crap out of each other. That's the way this mod is designed to be, the good old fashioned Doom way. :twisted:

So please tell me what you think. I'm not gonna waste my time making this mod if people won't play it. I know this idea has been done numerous times before, but I don't think it's ever been done RIGHT. The aim of this project is to balance the classes and make it so every character has a chance of winning. It's already well on it's way and has fun gameplay, but extra inspiration never hurts. :mrgreen:

NOTE:
A special thanks go out to Mobius and Hellsfait for heavily supporting the mod, as well as CutmanMike for giving me permission to use his achievement script format and inspiring me to create Internal Conflict with his outstanding GVH mod. This project would not be making progress if it wasn't for them."

Update:
Internal Conflict will also feature other things such as custom maps, music to suit the maps, a few weapon sounds and actor sprites based off the originals. Currently, there are 6 maps, the characters are fairly balanced (although still need a bit of tweaking) and the mod is playable. If you would like to see your hell-themed or gore-themed map in Internal Conflict, don't be afraid to ask! (Insert more shameless advertising here)

Here are some updated screenshots (not online):
Spoiler:
Davidos

Re: My Project "Internal Conflict"

Post by Davidos »

Oh my freakin' god this has to be the most epic project this january...
metaldemon

Post by metaldemon »

Davidos wrote:Oh my freakin' god this has to be the most epic project this january...
yes but no posts...:(
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

It looks like you had an 'internal conflict' with your maps. :P
No, but seriously, the textures in several of those screenshots don't seem to fit with others. The Cacodemon and Pain Elemental hud sprites look pretty cool though. I wouldn't mind just seeing this as another class based mod.
qwerqsar

Post by qwerqsar »

By the gods, this one must be awesome! I see there is still much to do, but I'd certainly be interested to play this thing and as a baron (wheeeeeee).
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

holy balls batman

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”