[BETA! UNFINISHED] Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
JimmyJ

Re: [WIP!] Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow

Post by JimmyJ »

Is it just me or does grenade launcher ammo you pick up not work? I only ever get the one shot you get when you first pick it up.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

JimmyJ wrote:Is it just me or does grenade launcher ammo you pick up not work? I only ever get the one shot you get when you first pick it up.
Yeah, for some reason the harder skill levels' ammo modifier makes the grenade ammo (which only give you 1 grenade) stop working, because the game is rounding the modifier down to zero. That'll be fixed when the weapon is inevitably replaced.
You know, I'm a professional actor... maybe I could be of some assistance?
I may take you up on that.
I know you're changing the current grenade launcher to something else, but are you still going to include a grenade type weapon like in Diaz?
I probably will. In the grand tradition of sequels that throw people for a loop, though, I'll probably mix things up a bit...timed sticky mine launcher, perhaps? Also, for those who took the initiative and looked through my wad file already, you might have found some entries in the "Strategy Guide" that aren't in the game yet...recent games are also giving me plenty of inspiration (I'm kind of thinking on my feet here, but perhaps something similar to Resident Evil 5's Nitrogen Grenades?).
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

I just played this and i'm damned impressed for something still in progress,some minor complaints would be

A:The grenade launcher kinda feels like you slapped it onto the wad instead of taking your time with it
B.More weapons on each slot would be a nice feature
C.A hand combat weapons preset for slot 1 would be nice
D.when the projects fully finished you should try to make it compatible with most of the doom engine games HC-DIAZ was compatible with almost all of them

Huge suggestion

You've created a series in doom itself with 4 characters already! why not make some maps for it or a TC surrounding the Diaz universe giving backstory on each character and create yourself something with a general plot
Marty Kirra wrote: It's going to be like that for a long long time. I still have to do Molinero and Cortes' sprites. :P

For anybody interested, here's my concept for both! :P
Cortes! :D

Molinero! D:<

Those look absolutely beutiful, Molinero reminds me of nick fury
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Some more notes from me:
  • There are some blue pixels on the reload hand for the shotgun.
  • When I ran out of ammo for the grenade launcher with no more ammo for anything, I went into an endless loop of my melee attack until I got more ammo and switched weapons.
  • Sometimes monsters seem to spawn stuck halfway in walls.
  • Spoiler:
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

wildweasel wrote:(I'm kind of thinking on my feet here, but perhaps something similar to Resident Evil 5's Nitrogen Grenades?).
You know, I'm not sure I've seen a freezing grenade before. There's a huge variety of explosive weapons that would be fun to use, such as a rapid-fire micro bomb launcher, portable turrets, or "bouncing Betty's" that hop up and spray shrapnel everywhere.
Pisstepank

Post by Pisstepank »

wildweasel wrote:
Pisstepank wrote:Awesome, as i excepted.
i have nothing to say about it, yes its a very awsome mod :D
Maybe a very small little tiny thing : Enemies (zombieman) drop boxes of rifle ammo, i think it will be better if they drop assault rifle clip.
Um...are you suggesting a graphics change for the assault rifle ammo? I'm not sure what you're asking.
Oh, im sorry for that, sometimes its hard for me to explain things in english
so, yes you understood what i was saying, a graphic change for the rifle ammo.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

trooper077 wrote:I just played this and i'm damned impressed for something still in progress,some minor complaints would be

A:The grenade launcher kinda feels like you slapped it onto the wad instead of taking your time with it
B.More weapons on each slot would be a nice feature
C.A hand combat weapons preset for slot 1 would be nice
D.when the projects fully finished you should try to make it compatible with most of the doom engine games HC-DIAZ was compatible with almost all of them
A: The Grenade launcher was never finished and as mentioned previously, is going to be replaced with something much much more awesome.
B: This is a beta, it's nowhere near finished. More weapons are coming soon.
C: It's a bit redundant, alt.fire on any weapon triggers Melee attacks. Adding a separate button for it just adds clutter.
D: That's up to WW. For me personally, while Diaz was fun to play with in other Doom engine games, there's not a lot of point to it. Balancing is pretty tough to do for each game, but who knows.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

How the hell was Hc-diaz compatible with almost all of then exculding strife,for how broken it was
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

trooper077 wrote:How the hell was Hc-diaz compatible with almost all of then exculding strife,for how broken it was
Hexen's the only one Diaz was never compatible with. I only managed compatibility through tons of hacks and broken Decorate replacements - something I'm never going to do again.
"bouncing Betty's" that hop up and spray shrapnel everywhere.
Now there's an idea. I've been playing Borderlands lately and that sounds like exactly the kind of thing that'd be handy.
# There are some blue pixels on the reload hand for the shotgun.
Hmm...I didn't see those the last time I played around with it, but I'll be looking for them now.
# When I ran out of ammo for the grenade launcher with no more ammo for anything, I went into an endless loop of my melee attack until I got more ammo and switched weapons.
As stated before, yeah, grenade launcher is severely broken. I probably should have nulled it out like I did with the BFG, just because of how broken it is.
# Sometimes monsters seem to spawn stuck halfway in walls.
Probably not my fault. As far as I can tell, none of my replacement monsters are any larger than the Doom ones that they replace, so if any of them are getting stuck in walls, that may be the map's fault and not the code's. I'll keep an eye out, though.
Spoiler:
A hand combat weapons preset for slot 1 would be nice
Melee is Call of Duty style, just alt-fire your weapon to use your character's assigned melee attack. Different characters get different melee attacks. If you're that desperate for a Slot 1 melee weapon, though, go pick up the Riot Response Subdual Module, then you can use that in addition to your melee attack.
You've created a series in doom itself with 4 characters already! why not make some maps for it or a TC surrounding the Diaz universe giving backstory on each character and create yourself something with a general plot
Great idea, but my mapping skills aren't quite good enough to take on something of that caliber (see my previously released Boom map, No Rockets For You). Much as I'd love to explore each character's origins and maybe get an excuse to summon Marty Kirra's voice acting skills again, I'm going to need a lot more work on my mapping stuff before I can really get into that.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

wildweasel wrote: Great idea, but my mapping skills aren't quite good enough to take on something of that caliber (see my previously released Boom map, No Rockets For You). Much as I'd love to explore each character's origins and maybe get an excuse to summon Marty Kirra's voice acting skills again, I'm going to need a lot more work on my mapping stuff before I can really get into that.

You could always ask people to pitch you some maps and sprites and just see where it goes from there,you and marty could focus on the weapons and most of the spritting and mappers could focus on the maps and such
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I've attempted that twice, with the Arctic Wolf Remake project and Cold Hard Cash 2, both of which fell through, even despite the latter being only planned to have six maps (counting the hub). I don't think I'm cut out for the whole team project thing. Besides, if I were to start a team project and start signing on mappers, would there be anybody in the community that'd be interested in such a thing? Or is everybody busy with working on Stronghold, TSOZD, etc?
Trooper 077

Re: [BETA! UNFINISHED] Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow

Post by Trooper 077 »

I would love to do some sprites for the RCPA base or some RCPA agents

You also have to remember that people were waiting for this project to come out,in all sence it was a anticipated project for most community members.I'm pretty sure most community member with expierience would join on if offered

As for falling through the cracks,keep working on the weapon mod alone if you do this,so if it doesn't work you can release it as a weapon mod and still get some reception on it
Zero X. Diamond

wildweasel wrote:Probably not my fault. As far as I can tell, none of my replacement monsters are any larger than the Doom ones that they replace, so if any of them are getting stuck in walls, that may be the map's fault and not the code's. I'll keep an eye out, though.
The most easily noticeable example I can give you is in MAP02 of Doom 2 right as you make it to the area at the end of the red key hallway that enters into the room with the two holes in the floor. Right as you go to enter that area, I always find a guy stuck helplessly in the wall.
Spoiler:
As for ideas for new projectile weapons, how about something like Halloween Harry's Micro Nukes? You planted these glowing-topped metal tanks on the ground which waited a few moments before exploding out in all directions with a wave of nuclear energy. I always loved those things and I'll bet it'd make an impressive show in ZDoom!
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Probably not my fault. As far as I can tell, none of my replacement monsters are any larger than the Doom ones that they replace, so if any of them are getting stuck in walls, that may be the map's fault and not the code's. I'll keep an eye out, though.
The most easily noticeable example I can give you is in MAP02 of Doom 2 right as you make it to the area at the end of the red key hallway that enters into the room with the two holes in the floor. Right as you go to enter that area, I always find a guy stuck helplessly in the wall.
That is actually a Doom2.wad bug; been there since after 1.666.
Zero X. Diamond

Re: [BETA! UNFINISHED] Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow

Wow, how did I never notice that before?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”