[FINISHED] Gunnies Remake

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Mr.Green

[FINISHED] Gunnies Remake

Post by Mr.Green »

I know that this is already made several times (*cough* Doom Remake *cough*),but I decided to make a remake of all Doom 2 weapons. With it,the mod has also few add-on weapons,including hand grenade and railgun wich the original Doom 2 arsenal lacks of.

Screenshots
Screenshot_Doom_20091209_123601.png
Screenshot_Doom_20091209_123601.png (126.89 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
Screenshot_Doom_20091209_123621.png
Screenshot_Doom_20091209_123621.png (113.14 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
Eat my bullets,motherf#ckers!
Screenshot_Doom_20091209_123701.png
Screenshot_Doom_20091209_123701.png (91.18 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Rest in pieces,Cyberdope!

Progress
The mod is finished.

Credits
* Eriance * Nash * Monolith Productions
* Justin Fisher * Wild Weasel
* SkullTag * ID Software
* Doom 2.5 * Xaser
* Midway * Raven Software

Download Link
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... remake.zip
Last edited by Mr.Green on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doomfreak

Re: [Beta Released] Gunnies Remake

Post by Doomfreak »

I liked this very much,but should you lower the machinegun's max ammo a bit? I somekind of surprised when I made IDFA
and switched the machinegun. :shock:
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

It may look like a lot of ammo,but each reload takes 50 machinegun bullets. :wink:
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

Please define "remake". Does this mean you're making replacements yourself, or or you just making your own compilation of your favourite weapons?

Because I'm dead sure I've seen the weapon in your second screenshot before.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Just because it uses the same sprites, doesn't mean it's coded EXACTLY the same :/
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Some things you might want to fix:
  1. The chainsaw, when standing still, spawns smoke directly in the player's eyes. The effect used is potentially seizure-inducing.
  2. Remember, the first weapon you list in your custom player class' Player.StartItem section, is the weapon the player will be using at the start of the game. Given this, you might want to reorder it so that the pistol is listed before the fist, so the player doesn't get confused and think he has no pistol (cough cough).
  3. I have never seen a gun eject shell casings as far as this pistol. Maybe three feet at most. Might want to tone down the velocity of them a bit.
  4. For the shotgun, your pumping sound is cutting off the reverb from the firing sound. So instead of A_PlayWeaponSound, try playing the pumping sound with A_PlaySoundEx on the SoundSlot5 channel.
  5. I'm assuming you haven't replaced the Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, or BFG yet. Picking up a rocket launcher does not allow me to use it, as it is not in the weapon slots. I'm not sure where you get grenades from.
Outside of those, I do like the feel of these weapons - they feel powerful. I'm a bit concerned over how much HMG ammo the player gets, considering it is now a separate ammo type from pistol ammo, and that it might be too much and it may end up that the player has a lot of pistol ammo that never gets used.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

wildweasel wrote:Some things you might want to fix:
  1. The chainsaw, when standing still, spawns smoke directly in the player's eyes. The effect used is potentially seizure-inducing.
  2. Remember, the first weapon you list in your custom player class' Player.StartItem section, is the weapon the player will be using at the start of the game. Given this, you might want to reorder it so that the pistol is listed before the fist, so the player doesn't get confused and think he has no pistol (cough cough).
  3. I have never seen a gun eject shell casings as far as this pistol. Maybe three feet at most. Might want to tone down the velocity of them a bit.
  4. For the shotgun, your pumping sound is cutting off the reverb from the firing sound. So instead of A_PlayWeaponSound, try playing the pumping sound with A_PlaySoundEx on the SoundSlot5 channel.
  5. I'm assuming you haven't replaced the Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, or BFG yet. Picking up a rocket launcher does not allow me to use it, as it is not in the weapon slots. I'm not sure where you get grenades from.
Outside of those, I do like the feel of these weapons - they feel powerful. I'm a bit concerned over how much HMG ammo the player gets, considering it is now a separate ammo type from pistol ammo, and that it might be too much and it may end up that the player has a lot of pistol ammo that never gets used.
Hey,thank you!

I will fix all of those in the next version. For the 5th,you might read the first post
I wrote:Right now,the weapon mod is still a beta,tough. The last new weapon is hand grenade (Slot 5).
@David : I'm making these myself,of course - why I would make of a thread from stuff that is only other's work?
The gun from the second shot is originaly from Alien Doom.However,it's used also in Gvh and several other wads that I unfortunately don't remember right now.
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

I spy Aliens TC Pulse Rifle. :>

Good mod, though.
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Lysander wrote:I spy Aliens TC Pulse Rifle. :>

Good mod, though.
Thank you. BTW,what do you people like the smoke effect on the grenade explosion? Good or bad?
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Judging from the screenshot they don't look too great, the smoke FX is too pixelised and each individual 'particle' of smoke is too obvious - try to use a higher-def sprite with additive rendering.
Mr.Green

Re: [FINISHED] Gunnies Remake

Post by Mr.Green »

The weapon mod is finished. Check the first post ^.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”