Doom Mutator Contest - Congrats alysiumX!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Doom Mutator Contest - Congrats alysiumX!

Post by Cutmanmike »

We had a little contest to see what people could do to doom with text only lumps. Which means no new maps, textures, graphics, sounds or any of that. The following mods have attempted to tweak doom's gameplay in some shape or form with limited tools to do so.

Conest Entries
  • Randoomv2 - Kinsie - Randomises most monsters and items in a map. Bosses and keys remain untouched, so as to be at least partially playable.
  • mooD - CaptainVentris - The level progression. It's all wrong. And I could swear those four were supposed to be Mancubi! And that Revenant, he isn't shooting the right type of rocket! And what the heck happened to MY rockets? It isn't random, it's just wrong.
  • oh fuck - Wills - IT'S THE NEXT GENERATION OF DOOM
  • Extra Crispy - XutaWoo - This replaces everything except Nazis and the bosses. With what? Weaker Archviles!
  • The Eye Gaunt - CutmanMike - Dodge the eye turrets and rush to the exit!
  • Movie camera - Worst - Instead of first person, you'll get to view the maps from all kind of random angles and perspectives.
  • Dizzy - CaptainToenail - All that teleportation travel has made the doom guy a bit unsteady on his feet, help guide him through the levels in search of a toilet to puke in.
  • N00B D00M - hnsolo77 - mine is a simple run of the mill lots of monsters with random spawners.
  • Shrunken World - Osiris Kalev - You, along with all the enemies and pickups are now a third of your original size! Levels are larger!
  • Snes Doom - SlyCoopersButt - A simple text only wad for Utimate Doom that emulates some behaviours found in the SNES version of Doom.
  • Crazymonsters - The_afrit - Here, over 20 new monsters made in 3 days.
  • Smart Doom - InsanityBringer - SmartDoom makes all projectile attacks work similar to the smart missile in Descent.
  • Any level invasion - alysiumX - Its an invasion script using ACS and decorate so you can do invasion on almost any level!
  • TOZDDoom - ThatOneZDoomer - Basically, the game play is much more focused on killing and less on item hunting.
  • Endurance Doom - Supersonix07 - You start off with a certian amount of health.
  • Annoyingb - Ethril - Presenting... Something I haven't actually thought of a name for yet! "Overpowered monsters, oh no!" will do for now, I guess.
  • Mad Barrels - Mr.Green - Changes demons into kamikaze barrels
  • explode - Parthoris - Heres mine... Humans VS Demons All the human-type enemies are Friendly... just because there a little zombified doesn't mean their psycho
  • Reflex - Dansco - The monsters have become agile and dodgy, some of them will even jump at you, if you are close! Most monsters will now have less delay before attacking, arachnotrons will prove to be a threat this time.
WINNER

Any Level Invasion won with 8 out of the 21 valid votes. Congratulations to alysiumX for turning any Doom 2 map into a pure invasion of hell spawn!

RUNNERS UP

Movie camera - Worst - 6 votes
TOZDDoom - ThatOneZDoomer - 3 votes
Endurance Doom - Supersonix07 - 1 vote
The Eye Gauntlet - CutmanMike - 1 vote
N00B D00M - hnsolo77 - 1 vote
Randoomv2 - Kinsie - 1 vote
Dark-Assassin

Re: [VOTE NOW] Doom Mutator Contest! See Voting rules...

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I like Movie camera By Worst.
It adds an all new perspective to the game.
So I have this a vote :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

/me votes for Any level invasion
Project Shadowcat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

One vote for TOZDDoom.

Loved how it makes the game even more arcade-like, though a bit easy.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

My vote goes to The Eye Gauntlet
ProjectAngel

Post by ProjectAngel »

Supersonix07's Endurance Doom gets my vote. Perfect for testing your survival skills.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

I just happened to notice someone attempt to download the extracrispy mod and fail. The link is now fixed :P
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Any Level Invasion.

Gets a bit mad after a few waves!
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

I VOTE FOR MYSELF OLOLOLOL

No, seriously, I feel that I must vote for alysiumX's Any Level Invasion

And I just realized that the latest fix for my wad didn't make it in. Oh well. It's still not balanced well for single player anyway. :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

These are really cool. For most of the way through I thought that my vote was going to go to "Movie Camera". I really like the way that has been implemented. Very slick.

However, then I played "Any level invasion" and, even though it doesn't really row my boat gameplay wise, I reckon that it is very well done and very much a mutator so, even though I think that I enjoyed "Movie Camera" more personally, "Any level invasion" gets my vote too:

Any level invasion
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

damn damn damn... several are pretty damn good... but i do have to go with Any Level Invasion simply because i love slaughtering monsters
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

I definatly like Any Level Invasion. My vote goes to that.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

The important part is not merely influencing who wins, but also that we all exercise our rights by participating in the process. :V

One vote for TOZDDoom, with an honorable mention for mooD for being genuinely terrifying. D:

(The absolutely brilliant take on the imps in Reflex deserves a mention too, though the cacos kinda lost my vote for it...)
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

I would have voted for AnyLevelInvasion, but it doesn't work with moster spawning mods.
but I already made my vote.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Hard decision.

My vote goes for Moviecam. Epic, although quite hard to play with, it is a superb idea.
Honorable mention would be "annoyingb" for its awesome archvile.
Cutmanmike wrote:Reflex - Danzo
Wait. I'm not Danzo, can I vote for it then? :lol: :P

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”