Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore v5 RELEASED PG.26)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore breathes once again! Pg 21)

Post by Captain J »

Sangelothi wrote:The Empress will stay the same for this coming release, I plan to unleash this monstrosity next week (Wednesday perhaps?)

I'll change it to something with more punch in the future, would like to gather some feedback before I start making changes that would require some bigger re balancing
We want good ol' punp action empress, with newer and decent looks! got any sprite about it? also good luck with the monstrosity as well.
Murix

Re: Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore v2 is up)

Post by Murix »

Spoiler:
Did you ever release this version? The latest I can find is from 2013.

Looking forward till the new update though, so it doesn't really matter.
DarkkOne
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Widnows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DarkkOne »

Hey, just a note: Might want to mention Strife clearly in the first post. Because of the change in the thread name, it's not 100% obvious that The Martyr is a Strife mod, and not a Doom mod like Neocore. I realize that later posts mention it in the titles, but a new user may not read that far (I'm the idiot who did this, in this case) and the mod loads fine in Doom. Weapons even show up. You just can't actually use them, being stuck running around with a machete and being too short to step up certain steps, and generally feeling like it's an incomplete mod. Looking back, the screenshots can clue you in, but as someone who wasn't too familiar with Strife, I didn't make the connection and just assumed they were some Doom .wad.
Sangelothi

Re: Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore v2 is up)

Post by Sangelothi »

Murix wrote:
Spoiler:
Did you ever release this version? The latest I can find is from 2013.

Looking forward till the new update though, so it doesn't really matter.
This is the update that is coming out soon, I unfortunately ghosted after that post only returning to the forum to check threads out. My modding motivation died out really fast and dropped the hobby for a good while. Picked it up recently and toyed around with a few things, got my motivation back and all :roll:
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tpbl2 ... Corev3.rar

So after some testing (just finished this with Biowar.wad) things seem stable and balanced enough for a release! I'm certain there are things that could use some more work or changes could be made, so feedback is always welcome :D

It should be noted NeoCore still uses the old method of reloading weapons. I apologize as I intended to fix this, but I kept overlooking it as it was such a small priority (considering everything functioned as should) Also, I do have some sprites in the work for a new shotgun if the Exorcist Magnum is still unsatisfactory :D

I'll post a (basic) changelog in the first post (with the updated link) and I'll begin to keep up with that as the project goes on :D
-Ghost-

Re: Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore v3 Released Pg.23 or Pg1)

Post by -Ghost- »

I've only played a little so far, but the balance feels pretty good. Ammo amount is way better, I'm not swimming in ammo but I'm not almost out either. The two shotguns feel a bit too similar now, I end up using the Clot shotgun more since it seems to do pretty much the same thing, but more accurate and with a faster reload.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

I love this new version <3

Awsome job! Keep up the good work!
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

My favorite thing about this latest update is the lack of "Who's that?!" "Who's that?!" "Who's that?!"
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

Wivicer wrote:My favorite thing about this latest update is the lack of "Who's that?!" "Who's that?!" "Who's that?!"
One of the main reasons I wanted to replace the infantry sounds lol. "WHO DAT!?"
FaggoStorm wrote:I love this new version <3

Awsome job! Keep up the good work!
Much appreciated! Updates should come out more frequently, but not too frequently (don't want to disrupt someone in the middle of a 32 map megawad lol)

-Ghost- wrote:I've only played a little so far, but the balance feels pretty good. Ammo amount is way better, I'm not swimming in ammo but I'm not almost out either. The two shotguns feel a bit too similar now, I end up using the Clot shotgun more since it seems to do pretty much the same thing, but more accurate and with a faster reload.
I'm glad the ammo is working better, I've increased the mag size on the Exorcist (back) to 12, I thought about how I could rebalance the Exorcist/Empress in comparison to the Ox Clot, realized the advantage has always been the fact the mag size was nearly double that of the ox clot. This should make the Exorcist more damage/ammo efficient than the Ox Clot...in other words, the shotguns should have the same relationship they did in the older versions :roll: (one, a great panic weapon that burns through ammo. The other more generally useful)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Damn, I had a longer post written out, but I think I closed the window before it posted. Just a couple things I've noticed with the other weapons:

Burst Pistol: Was this always a 5 shot per burst gun, or was it 3 before? It feels like too much, since you end up wasting shots on already dead enemies. I think 3 would work better, since you'd get more than 3 bursts in, and you'd be able to use ammo a bit more efficiently.

Gut Pincher AR: I feel like this could be a tiny bit more accurate.

Heavy AR: Great new sprite, damage and everything feels good. I think it could use a beefier firing sound, though.

Plasma Rifle: Feels a little weird not having a reload on this, but I can't remember if it had one or not in the last version.

Explosive RIfle (the slot 5 one, sorry, can't remember the name): I think it could use a damage/explosion size buff to make it feel a little more useful. As is it feels like we don't have a mid-line explosive option to deal with groups well.

I'd love to see more monster/sound replacements as well, for enemies such as the pinkies, cacodemons etc, if you have plans for that. The ones you've got now are great, the zombies and imps are pretty cool. Extra variants among them would be interesting as well, like various zombie types. Functionally similar, but just for visual variety.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i've woke up, played this mod and time to exercise my fingers to type some gripes of mine:

- Exorcist magnum shotgun's firing sound's echo is cut off, and it has case bouncing sound at the same time.

- You know, i'm kinda tired of seeing a throwing knife sprite from wildweasel's oldest mod as a jackal disc. Since some of weapons just got fancier, why not make it fancier as well? You can use other resources for that, of course.

- It's about the jackal disc launcher again, i hope we can do something wonder with its monitor. Such as zooming or shows out of ammo when the magazine is empty.

- I think i'm seeing the good ol' Every-projectile-has-no-decals™ cliche, intentional?

- I have been wondered, can you add casing effects to the mod? Since empty magazine effect exists, so...

also, i really like how zombies got changed a lot; now they bleeds darker purple blood and moans and screams like a zombie. Now they are following the hellish style, i guess!
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

https://www.mediafire.com/?ezbewp7l07kzdha

Small update:
-Changed the fire sounds on the Stone Squid (something with more punch)
-Changed the fire sounds on the Exorcist (no more casing and Echo issues)
-Increased Exorcist magazine size to 12
-Increased Exorcist pellets per shot to 16 (from 15), but decreased the damage per shot to 5.5 (from 5.7)
-Increased the accuracy of the Gut Pincher by one unit both horizontally and vertically
-Increased Constructor explosive radius to 125 (from 110)
-Ghost-

Re: Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore v3.1 Released Pg.23 or Pg1)

Post by -Ghost- »

Thanks for taking our feedback in so quickly! Those guns definitely feel better now. Did you give any thought to the burst pistol's fire rate? It might work better too if it had a fire toggle so you can do a one shot or double tap, then the other mode is the 3 round or 5 round burst or whatever's decided on.

EDIT: One other thing I've noticed. I'm not sure if they're the baron or hell knight replacements, but the alien enemies and the plasma troopers seem to get knocked back pretty heavily by most weapons. This wouldn't be a problem normally, but if you're playing a mapset where you have to kill them to proceed, sometimes you'll knock them off perches, ledges etc into places where you can't reach them without jumping/noclipping.
Sangelothi

Post by Sangelothi »

-Ghost- wrote:Thanks for taking our feedback in so quickly! Those guns definitely feel better now. Did you give any thought to the burst pistol's fire rate? It might work better too if it had a fire toggle so you can do a one shot or double tap, then the other mode is the 3 round or 5 round burst or whatever's decided on.

EDIT: One other thing I've noticed. I'm not sure if they're the baron or hell knight replacements, but the alien enemies and the plasma troopers seem to get knocked back pretty heavily by most weapons. This wouldn't be a problem normally, but if you're playing a mapset where you have to kill them to proceed, sometimes you'll knock them off perches, ledges etc into places where you can't reach them without jumping/noclipping.
Darn, thanks for pointing that out though, I'll have that fixed up for the next update. Those two enemies replace the Revenant, I'll probably add another variation (one a bit more tanky) and I'll add a variation to the baron replacement (The super zombie) One that will use a more "metallic" kind of weapon so I can have them drop the High Pile Scrap Cannon, I've come to notice it's pretty hard to obtain that gun :roll:
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

Please add an another kind of BFG variant and a Melee one :( the mod needs these variants too.

What about to add and ¨Shockwave rifle¨? Pulse Cannon, Katanas, some kind of electroshock contact melee weapon
and maybe.. grenades?

Also, I think the Acer needs more colors..
Last edited by NullWire on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”