Z-QUAKE: Doom TC of the Original Quake (RESOURCES UPDATE!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Z-QUAKE: Doom TC of the Original Quake (RESOURCES UPDATE

Post by NeuralStunner »

From what I recall, he's wanting to wrap up his Aliens project before getting back into this. Of course there's still a lot of sprite resources to pull together. (On the plus side, items!)
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

I tend to alternate between both projects, though I'll admit the Aliens stuff calls me back more often than this (not that I won't continue work on Z-Quake).
Sprite resources are actually pretty much done. I've replaced the existing Doom powerups with Quake versions and modified what I could to make them behave more like they do in the real game, including screen color upon pick-up. Unless I add in any expansion weapons or a Spawn (these being very low in priority), all I have left to do is make the maps.
Mr.Rocket

Post by Mr.Rocket »

This looks pretty promising, though I can't say that I'v followed all the posts up till now.
I remember the best thing that quake had going for it back then was glquake!

Do you plan on a hardware render version of this with dynamic lighting?, if so that would be awesome!
If you already have, sorry that I missed these posts.

I remember a quake1 version at least 12 years ago? I think is was by Afterglow?

Keep up the nice work man!
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

I haven't mentioned it yet, but now's as good a time as any: yep, this will feature dynamic lights as it is meant for GZDoom. A lot of people requested them on my other WIP so I figured I'd apply them to every project I've got on the table.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”