[Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 09/2017]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 12/2014]

Post by Ed the Bat »

I sincerely hope they include converting the RPG system to a library, so that editing it won't require every single map to be recompiled/
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

Can't wait to get to play this!
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Ed the Bat wrote:I sincerely hope they include converting the RPG system to a library, so that editing it won't require every single map to be recompiled/
It takes me all of 2 mins to recompile (assuming SLumpED doesn't randomly crash). It's not worth re-writing the code (getting the message stuff to work was stressful enough) for no real gain.

What I'm doing is adding more characters - just finished testing one, with another two planned. (it was actually you that gave me the idea, but it also keeps things fresh)
Xeotroid wrote:Can't wait to get to play this!
You already can play it...these are just planned additions ;)
Last edited by The Ultimate DooMer on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:It takes me all of 2 mins to recompile (assuming SLumpED doesn't randomly crash). It's not worth re-writing the code (getting the message stuff to work was stressful enough) for no real gain.
And it takes me all of two minutes to change the word "include" to "import", and save 50 megabytes by not needing new versions of the maps.
haru00988

Post by haru00988 »

Hi, Can any one here help me make my heretic rpg wad in hexen style further?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47645
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@The Ultimate Doomer
That's for sure, this is my favourite mod for Hexen since its 1st release. I hope we will work together on some mods in the future, I'm planning to do an Ultima Underworld TC for Hexen but I will surely need assistance, expecially for the bartering & RPG systems. Also, what do you think to add this song at the title screen? It's from Ultima IX: Ascension.

Here's the link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1asma880cfgw ... e.rar?dl=0

LINK REMOVED
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hi Ultimate Doomer, while playing for the second time this wonderful PWad for Hexen, I've encountered one HUD + start map glitches. Here you are:

HUD Glitch: icons seems to not appear correctly while using the Paladin (I have a ring + 3 flasks) [BIG IMAGES!]
Spoiler:
MAP01 Glitch: these torches goes up & down while using "smarter" adjust sprite options... [BIG IMAGES!]
Spoiler:
I think you can change them using "trim canvas" or something else with GIMP et similae, also if you feel confident I can send to you through PM cauldrons, torches & flames with cinders on them (see like my project Gore for Doom2 on GZDoom) + some sweet random dialogues while roaming inside Lystern Harbour using USDF.

After all, stay well and continue your precious job for Hexen! :rock:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Also if you need some good banner for your project, take a look at this (made with GIMP!):

Hope you'll use it! Have a nice day!
Attachments
This is it, I've used some FAKK2 textures...
This is it, I've used some FAKK2 textures...
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Hi Ultimate Doomer, while playing for the second time this wonderful PWad for Hexen, I've encountered one HUD + start map glitches. Here you are:

HUD Glitch: icons seems to not appear correctly while using the Paladin (I have a ring + 3 flasks) [BIG IMAGES!]
Spoiler:
MAP01 Glitch: these torches goes up & down while using "smarter" adjust sprite options... [BIG IMAGES!]
Spoiler:
I think you can change them using "trim canvas" or something else with GIMP et similae, also if you feel confident I can send to you through PM cauldrons, torches & flames with cinders on them (see like my project Gore for Doom2 on GZDoom) + some sweet random dialogues while roaming inside Lystern Harbour using USDF.

After all, stay well and continue your precious job for Hexen! :rock:
Sorry, it was only a bug of GZDoom SVN... now everything seems fine. :oops:
The Ultimate DooMer

Hence why I'd much rather stick with a tried and tested version ;)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Hence why I'd much rather stick with a tried and tested version ;)
BTW torches glitch remains.
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version coming soon]

bump

New version coming soon, nearly everything is done...just one or two minor things and it's good to go.

What started out as a bit of messing around soon blossomed into a full-blown set of new ideas, which leads to this version introducing not 1, or 2, but 3 new characters (!) to the world - one familiar, two unfamiliar.
Spoiler: Herian
Spoiler: Kamada
Spoiler: Darahu
Why keep working on this, you wonder...well, I just got ideas for new classes and I thought it'd be good to keep things fresh by adding some new stuff to the game.
Jblade

Post by Jblade »

fantastic news, 3 new characters is a pretty great excuse to give this another replay :) Looking forward to it!
frostnuggets

Post by frostnuggets »

Hey there, sir! Thank you for updating this already-awesome mod. Good to see old games are still being played. But hey, after downloading the new version, I noticed that the newer characters weren't there (in the character creation menu), not were they listed in the serpent.txt or serpenth.txt. I downloaded from the NY and Texas servers. Maybe they still have the old version? lol
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

frostnuggets wrote:Hey there, sir! Thank you for updating this already-awesome mod. Good to see old games are still being played. But hey, after downloading the new version, I noticed that the newer characters weren't there (in the character creation menu), not were they listed in the serpent.txt or serpenth.txt. I downloaded from the NY and Texas servers. Maybe they still have the old version? lol
As the main OP says "...New version coming soon (contains 3 new characters), links to the current version below:...", so it means that he DIDN'T ADD THOSE 3 NEWLY CHARS... unfortunately :-)
It's a matter of time.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”